"Crawley was NOT OUT" says Ben Stokes

I cant recall which decision, but there was one or two that India got against them while batting which I felt wasnt out, its part and parcel of the game. You accept DRS.

If anything I wish we accepted all DRS reviews, if the ball is hitting its out, regardless  of umpires call.

The turning point on the fourth day of the second Test was perhaps the dismissal of Zak Crawley. The England opener was batting on 73 when the umpire turned down Kuldeep Yadav’s appeal for lbw, but India reviewed the decision and the DRS ruled him out.

England captain Ben Stokes believes the technology got it wrong. “Technology in the games is obviously there and there is an understanding that it can never be 100% correct,” he said at a post-match press conference. “So that’s why we have got the umpire’s call and everything. And when it is not 100% correct, as everyone says, I don’t think it’s unfair for someone to ever say that. I think technology has got it wrong on this occasion. That’s my personal opinion.”

It is learnt that Ollie Pope, Ben Foakes and Tom Hartley were not feeling well. “A couple of players woke up this morning not feeling great, and when everyone had the same symptoms you know there is something going around. There’s a bit of a virus going around, it’s not an excuse for the result because it’s a game full of ifs, buts and maybes,” Stokes said.

1 hour ago, Naveed12 said:

The turning point on the fourth day of the second Test was perhaps the dismissal of Zak Crawley. The England opener was batting on 73 when the umpire turned down Kuldeep Yadav’s appeal for lbw, but India reviewed the decision and the DRS ruled him out.

England captain Ben Stokes believes the technology got it wrong. “Technology in the games is obviously there and there is an understanding that it can never be 100% correct,” he said at a post-match press conference. “So that’s why we have got the umpire’s call and everything. And when it is not 100% correct, as everyone says, I don’t think it’s unfair for someone to ever say that. I think technology has got it wrong on this occasion. That’s my personal opinion.”

It is learnt that Ollie Pope, Ben Foakes and Tom Hartley were not feeling well. “A couple of players woke up this morning not feeling great, and when everyone had the same symptoms you know there is something going around. There’s a bit of a virus going around, it’s not an excuse for the result because it’s a game full of ifs, buts and maybes,” Stokes said.

There is a virus that only affects English players. 

I wonder how they ruled India for so many years. Had the Indians showed any sort of resistance then, they would have immediately sat on their ship, crying and whining and sailed back.

7 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

There is a virus that only affects English players. 

I wonder how they ruled India for so many years. Had the Indians showed any sort of resistance then, they would have immediately sat on their ship, crying and whining and sailed back.

india where u been hiding this virus?? Chinkoos got my body effed up with 4 times of corona. Had india used this secret virus we woul be economically strong with no invaders.

22 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

okay. Thanks for your feedback. We will review your complaint and ignore it.

- Customer Service Indian Cricket team

in that case, you will never get answer back to your complaint lol. They copy paste same answer and please bear with us as we look and resolve this issue.

reminds of stupid indi go, lost my baggage and been four years now and same reply. I even threatened law suit and same answer. Gave up, i would have made 10 times more cash had i did anything on side lol

Broad said the Ashes defeat in Aus doesn't count because of corona or whatever.

After last year's Ashes Brook, Broad, Pope etc. said England were the moral victors despite 2-2.

Now Stokes refuses to give credit to the better side. 

These guys live in some alternate reality. 

44 minutes ago, Haarkarjeetgaye said:

Looked umpires call at best by naked eye

Rubbish.

All three zones were red, pitching, wicket and impact zone, all showed the ball pitching in line with the stump and hitting the leg stump, flush.

Naked eye looked out, its why Kuldeep was insistent on the DRS, aside from the umpire on the field, he had the next best view.

10 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Rubbish.

All three zones were red, pitching, wicket and impact zone, all showed the ball pitching in line with the stump and hitting the leg stump, flush.

Naked eye looked out, its why Kuldeep was insistent on the DRS, aside from the umpire on the field, he had the next best view.

key word “his naked” eye. We can not make fun of disabled blind people. In this case…we need to hold his hand to where ball pitched and walk him straight to where the ball hit the stumps (make sure he wears a guard or stumps might disturb his u know what … which is also federal offense). Then he wont say at best umpires call!

Edited by Chaos
25 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

If umpire's call is removed from DRS, then Stuart Broad will get robbed of 90% of his test wickets.   

I do agree with Stokes, if we have the technology, then if the ball is hitting the stumps it should always be OUT, regardless of what the umpire thinks.

Crawley would still be out, that ball was hitting on DRS, so Im not sure why he is bitching about it.