Sundar as no 5 batsman

17 minutes ago, fineleg said:

@mani sha That is a position where if we are 25-3, someone needs to come in and score a 100, or possibly 150 to guide the team to a total like KL Rahul did in SA. Washy can hold a bat yes, but is he a Test #5 batsman ?

He is got the temperament to bat any number . Being left handed is an advantage . Can bowl too . A great package . 

I would go with this team;

Rohit and jaiswal open

Patidar and sarfraz 3 and 4

At 5 i would put jurel

6 sundar

7 jadeja

8 ashwin

9 kuldeep

Akshdeep and siraj

Rest bumrah. Premium bowler needs ample rest as he had to carry the workload of useless guys lile thukesh and axar.

49 minutes ago, Number said:

Axar is batting at 6 now when Jaddu is absent.
I believe ability wise he is better than Axar, both batting and bowling. 

I know but I want Washi at 6 and Axar at 8 if at all they are both playing.   If KL comes back , I still want Patidar at 5. 

Gotta back him to come good.

Either a pacer or Kuldeep has to make way imo. 

13 hours ago, Vijy said:

on current batting form, he is like a no. 15 batter

Sadly, this is true. So often injured (after his clutch performances at the beginning of his career) have set him back a lot. He needs one full domestic season to regain his touch.

I will never forget that imperious 6 off Cummins that launched the final Gabba assault!!  As we'd say in Kannada, "maiyella jhummannatte." (= chills up your spine).

12 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Sadly, this is true. So often injured (after his clutch performances at the beginning of his career) have set him back a lot. He needs one full domestic season to regain his touch.

I will never forget that imperious 6 off Cummins that launched the final Gabba assault!!  As we'd say in Kannada, "maiyella jhummannatte." (= chills up your spine).

he was very promising, but has fallen off completely. just like Pshaw (P shaw)

NOOOOOOOOOOOO....

No.5 batter. HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Let him make it to playing 11 first. Guy will break down after two games. I was his supporter 2 years ago. but I have moved on. Plus never thought him as a great batter. Just all round option. If he plays he comes after the WK. Not Bharat but a proper WK bat which is Pant when he gets back.

Pant owns no.5 or 6 depending on combination. 

Sundar is shite. He just appears good as never plays since never fit so there is always the what if illusion/aura around him. 

If he did ever play regularly most would be calling him to be axed as he is nowhere near international level quality in batting and bowling.

3 hours ago, The Realist said:

Sundar is shite. He just appears good as never plays since never fit so there is always the what if illusion/aura around him. 

If he did ever play regularly most would be calling him to be axed as he is nowhere near international level quality in batting and bowling.

he is not that bad, though he is overhyped. he has extremely good temperament, but is not a full-fledged test batter. he's like shoaib malik in some ways. started off as a lower order bat with good temperament, who made it to the top order