What if Rohit Sharma retired from tests after this series? Who would be the opener?

Let's say a genie appears in Rohit Sharma's dreams and tells him that retiring now will bring him good fortune. And he buys in,

Who would open with Jaiswal in the NZ test series in Oct? (Not counting BD test series because that might just be a time to experiment):

1.  Easwaran

2. Panchal

3. Gill

4. Kunnumal

5. Yash Dhull

6. Some guy who will emerge in IPL and titillate our format-ignorant selectors

7. Pujara

8. Other

5 minutes ago, tweaker said:

The front runner is Gill.Panchal  Eashvaran would be looked after.as the Selectors have never backed them.

From the trend followed by Selectors of selecting those players from A team,chances od Sudarshan are more than any opener at present

2 lefties? Intriguing

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

India has too many opening options. This prithvi shaw completely wasted his career. With so many oldies retiring he could have owned this spot. Poor fitness, poor growth has turned him into another Kambli. Alteast he played a few tests.

So many, yet so few. Easwaran and Panchal ships have sailed, IMO.

Who else guys…in icf and the whole world will know the other opener is….mega star Kela. He has deep backing from the central to bcci which even tendulkar didnt have.

IMG_2867.gif

Edited by Chaos

1. Rohan Kunnummal 

2. Sai Sudharshan

3. Ankit Bawne

4. Prabhsimran Singh

Rohan & Prabhsimran are aggressive strokeplayers, Sai's technique is most compact, Bawne is your old school type batter.

Easwaran has already failed eye test. Don't think they will give him an opportunity.

25 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

1. Rohan Kunnummal 

2. Sai Sudharshan

3. Ankit Bawne

4. Prabhsimran Singh

Rohan & Prabhsimran are aggressive strokeplayers, Sai's technique is most compact, Bawne is your old school type batter.

Easwaran has already failed eye test. Don't think they will give him an opportunity.

Ankit Bawne doesn't open in domestic FC anymore. Not sure he would be considered for that role.

RK and PS are intriguing prospects.

I would say N Jagadeesan. Man just smashed a triple and double century this season and seems to be creaming bowlers.

And unpopular opinion, but I think wicketkeepers can open in Tests if they do it in Ranji. And Jagadeesan does it so he can keep wickets too freeing up a spot in the Middle order.

Edited by Chamsi

Has to be Shaw, India is wasting the talent he has, not all conditions in the world are seaming or green, most pitches are flat, need to pick him. Improve your Man Management skills to sort out any disciplinary issues.

Possible line up post Rohit & Kohli:

Jaiswal

Shaw

Gill

Pant

KL

Samson (WK)

Paddikkal in the squad now, rightly so too, he could open.

Gill seems to be gaining form at no 3, hope he stays there

Paddikal

Sudarshan 

Gaekwad, once fit

I think his less than spectacular returns vs Lions may have really HurT Easwarans chances

4 hours ago, Chamsi said:

I would say N Jagadeesan. Man just smashed a triple and double century this season and seems to be creaming bowlers.

And unpopular opinion, but I think wicketkeepers can open in Tests if they do it in Ranji. And Jagadeesan does it so he can keep wickets too freeing up a spot in the Middle order.

He seems to only scores against poor teams a serous minnow basher