‘I thought we were going to die,’ says Spanish travel vlogger as Jharkhand Police look for remaining rape accused

Prakat

Speaking to The Indian Express, Dumka Superintendent of Police Pitamber Kherwar said, “The statements of all the arrested accused are being recorded.” Police did not give any information regarding the accused.
Spanish woman’s gangrape in Jharkhand’s Dumka: SIT formed
A police team at the spot where a Spanish national was allegedly gangraped in Dumka, Jharkhand, Sunday. (PTI)

More than 40 hours since a Spanish national was allegedly gangraped in Jharkhand’s Dumka, following which four people were arrested, police said on Sunday that they were looking for the remaining accused and that a special investigation team had been formed to nab them.

According to the woman, she was raped by seven men after on Friday night after she and her partner stopped in Dumka for the night while on a biking trip. Jharkhand Director General of Police Ajay Kumar Singh had earlier told The Indian Express that all seven accused had been identified and that four had been arrested.

On Sunday, the woman, a 28-year-old travel vlogger, pointed out bruise marks on her face in a post on social media. “My face looks like this, but it’s not what hurts me the most. I thought we were going to die. Thank God we are alive,” she said in the post.

Speaking to The Indian Express, Dumka Superintendent of Police Pitamber Kherwar said, “The statements of all the arrested accused are being recorded.” Police did not give any information regarding the accused.

According to police sources, at around 11 pm on Friday, a patrol team came across a couple who were unable to speak Hindi or English.

“Looking at them, it seemed that something unpleasant had happened to them. While taking him to the hospital, it was revealed that (they were) on their way to Nepal from West Bengal, and had reached Kurmahat village of Hansdiha police station at 5 pm and spent the night in a forest near Kunji Basti, about 2 kilometres from Kurmahat village,” the source said.

The couple had then set up a temporary camp to rest, but a group of “anti-social elements” then reached their camp, the source said.

“It is noteworthy that the couple had not informed the local police or administration that they were setting up camp in Kurmahat forest. As soon as information about the incident was received, immediate action was taken… An SIT has been formed under the leadership of Sub-Divisional Police Officer, Jarmundi, to arrest the accused. The accused will be arrested soon. Evidence is being collected scientifically by the FSL team,” the police source added.

source: https://indianexpress.com/article/india/spanish-travel-vlogger-jharkhand-police-remaining-rape-accused-9193559/

Horrific and disgusting. Govt/police should take strict action against the rapists. Make an example out of them. India already has a negative connotation among foreign tourists when it comes to women safety. 

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bigger tragedy is accused may not be severely punished due to SC/ST act...  It's a tribal area afaik

Atleast Police knows the accused and law will take its course when it comes to tourists.

Some may argue that every Weekend evening infront of every bar in West a Indian man is beaten by Local youths who only beat him because he looks not same as them but we have to set better example. No excuse. However I wont be slitting my wrist.

7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Xitian Conservatives are running hate agendas non stop on Indians on social media...   

It's poetic justice  what's happening to them.  Long may it continue. 

Funny how they want tribals to be declared non-Hindus for conversion purposes, they are now disowning the same tribal accused as Hindus!!

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

As if the news of rape was not shameful, Jharkhand government giving 10 lakh rupees - 11k euros to the survivor is embarrassing to say the least. 

Couple is now giving somewhat positive statements about India as a result... Perhaps entire state's reputation has been trashed and they are trying to salvage whatever pride they can. 

Its not fair to be critical of them. Yet, the best and primary solution is always prevention. Correction, punishment is secondary measures.

India itself is one poorly lit country, so one has to be sure about any night travels. Its true for all locals, and foreigners alike…

12 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

F** man over 200M views already in 3 days...  Tucker Putin one took 8 days to hit that.  Reputation is in tatters

Raped by one man. Rest all who have been arrested are charged with help him escape. Perpetrator arrested. Helpers arrested.

Country's image has gone way beyond repair. Something has to be done to correct this. I don't think it will happen though. Its a cesspit born out of

1. low morality, low IQ, uneducatedness, probably drugs involvement, dacoit behavior from the perpetrators and

2. lack of courage, righteous indignation and cohesiveness from the common people.

There is no way of "smoothing" out this scenario through cash donation from the state govt. Pathetic if you ask me. democracy breeds such behavior. need kings to come back and meet out justice for the perpetrators. These demons need a death sentence after due scrutiny is made out in the investigation.

On 3/4/2024 at 8:33 AM, coffee_rules said:

People outraging about this incident went AWOL during Shondeshkhali  saga where the perp is a TMC Muslim leader and victims are generations of Hindus. 

Perpetrator there is a well to do educated leader/lawmaker and person of significance in Indian Democracy.

In my opinion, punishments should go back to philosophy of ancient India where people with education, money and Power should be sentenced more rigorously for same crime if committed by a unprivileged individual.

1 hour ago, Real McCoy said:

Country's image has gone way beyond repair. Something has to be done to correct this. I don't think it will happen though. Its a cesspit born out of

1. low morality, low IQ, uneducatedness, probably drugs involvement, dacoit behavior from the perpetrators and

2. lack of courage, righteous indignation and cohesiveness from the common people.

There is no way of "smoothing" out this scenario through cash donation from the state govt. Pathetic if you ask me. democracy breeds such behavior. need kings to come back and meet out justice for the perpetrators. These demons need a death sentence after due scrutiny is made out in the investigation.

I can imagine what kind of stereotypes would be made for Indian men.  NRIs and even tourists would suffer. 

Already image was at all time low but this has compounded matters. 

Tourism anyways has never been booming in India. 

Democracy isn't sustainable in this country.  

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I can imagine what kind of stereotypes would be made for Indian men.  NRIs and even tourists would suffer. 

In short term, domestic tourism is the main goal, and we are moving well in that direction.

About stereotypes, that can only be resolved once India and Indians sees the world on its term, its words. There needs to be a Indic lens, rather than the default western lens.

And that India itself is all about bubbles, where different classes of people living in their own bubbles, societies. They dont venture to other places unnecessarily. Similarly, we got to make certain areas as touristy bubbles, rather than the entire country.

And finally making sure the night time is lit well, that alone can prevent many crimes…

21 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I'm sure western born Indan descended people will also suffer in addition to NRIs and tourists. Many of them try to separate and create an unique identity with low success as I have seen in my college times :lol:

Yeah democracy is unsuited for a country like India. Truly knowledgeable people are rare in most countries and that is accentuated in a loud place like India. For what is worth, even western countries suffer a lot because of democracy. They are on the down hill slope lessened somewhat due to their rapid progress and a somewhat high average IQ and low crime rate. I'm talking about white areas. Once the white establishment sinks, these countries will go the way of South Africa and Zimbabwe. Europe and NA has shot themselves in the foot with the virus of democracy and propagated it to us :angry: 

5 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

I'm sure western born Indan descended people will also suffer in addition to NRIs and tourists. Many of them try to separate and create an unique identity with low success as I have seen in my college times :lol:

Yeah democracy is unsuited for a country like India. Truly knowledgeable people are rare in most countries and that is accentuated in a loud place like India. For what is worth, even western countries suffer a lot because of democracy. They are on the down hill slope lessened somewhat due to their rapid progress and a somewhat high average IQ and low crime rate. I'm talking about white areas. Once the white establishment sinks, these countries will go the way of South Africa and Zimbabwe. Europe and NA has shot themselves in the foot with the virus of democracy and propagated it to us :angry: 

1. If westerners had high IQ, they'd not be behind Asians in every single metric in their own countries. Asia represents 65% of our species. When you perform worse than 65% of the sample space, your society isn't 'high' anything, its below average 

2. Once the white establishment sinks in western countries, these countries will go the way of Hong Kong/Taiwan/India/Japan etc. Because anglosphere is being colonised by Asians (with USA being the only exception where its being primarily colonised by Latinos). 

3. Indian democracy is a stunning success, where its the only democracy with so many indigenous ethnic diversity and it STILL is less violent than most monoculture western societies. 

4. As sad as this incident is, its much ado about nothing- India is about 10 times safer for women than USA is (per capita), its about 40 times safer than Al Britania, 80 times safer than ' we wuz vikaaangz' scandi countries. 

1 hour ago, Muloghonto said:

1. If westerners had high IQ, they'd not be behind Asians in every single metric in their own countries. Asia represents 65% of our species. When you perform worse than 65% of the sample space, your society isn't 'high' anything, its below average 

2. Once the white establishment sinks in western countries, these countries will go the way of Hong Kong/Taiwan/India/Japan etc. Because anglosphere is being colonised by Asians (with USA being the only exception where its being primarily colonised by Latinos). 

3. Indian democracy is a stunning success, where its the only democracy with so many indigenous ethnic diversity and it STILL is less violent than most monoculture western societies. 

4. As sad as this incident is, its much ado about nothing- India is about 10 times safer for women than USA is (per capita), its about 40 times safer than Al Britania, 80 times safer than ' we wuz vikaaangz' scandi countries. 

I'm sure you heard the news about two other rape incidents happening in JK alone, and then the news about a 5 year being assaulted and killed in Pondicherry, and then a 9 year old raped and killed in TN. India is not safer for women than the US or UK, it's just that reported crimes are more prevalent there. There are nearly 80% of crimes that don't even get reported here. India is very high in statistics based on unreported crimes alone, if nearly every crime against women that happened, were to be reported, then the statistics would drastically be against India. 

9 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

I'm sure you heard the news about two other rape incidents happening in JK alone, and then the news about a 5 year being assaulted and killed in Pondicherry, and then a 9 year old raped and killed in TN.

Yes and ?

India is not safer for women than the US or UK, it's just that reported crimes are more prevalent there.

And whats the basis of this, except mass repetition in the media by the western liberal educated ones ? Where is the data, where is the logic ? 

There are nearly 80% of crimes that don't even get reported here. India is very high in statistics based on unreported crimes alone, if nearly every crime against women that happened, were to be reported, then the statistics would drastically be against India. 

Bullshit, bullshit and more bullshit. 

Societies that are excptionally high in rape are ALSO exceptionally high in assault AND surprise surprise, western nations have orders o fmagnitude higher assault cases than India as well. 

Furthermore, Indian stats are not shocking or extraordinary- they are perfectly in line with rest of Asia and all Asians countries are closer in rape per capita stats ( except South Korea) to each other than to western nations. 

What is the basis of ' india reports less crime than western nations' , except for mass repetition ?Because the math doesnt bear this out at all.