'Why somebody else gets more games to fail and I get only one?': R Ashwin on making 'peace' with disappointments

1 hour ago, Trichromatic said:

First 47 tests, 269 wickets at avg of 24.79 and 25 5-fers (till Mar 2017)

After that, 52 tests, 238 wickets at avg of 22.93 with 10 5-fers.

Warne has 2nd highest 5-fers (37). Midway to his career, I thought Ashwin would have 40+ by 100th test.

probably because Jadeja and the fast bowlers started sharing wickets after 2017.

19 hours ago, Number said:

The reason people don't know :giggle:

GH-MueuWkAAC2G0?format=jpg&name=small

Oh everyone knows, think we even had a thread about that here. Lot more was said in replies to others, many non-cricket related. 

There is lots of bad blood between CSK/Srini/Dhoni gang (Siva is their loyal pet) and Ashwin because Ashwin chose a rival group. Ashwin doesn't even have support from TN cricket assoc. because of the super corrupt crook Srini. 

“If not for CSK and MSD, he would have to wait longer as Harbhajan was bowling superbly at that time. Played for India, Left India Cement and went and joined the Rival Company Chemplast. What LOYALTY FROM THE GREAT MAN. You must build a temple for him. 1 full white ball state tournament bowled Leg-Spin, Anyone else would have been kicked out,” he wrote. 

LINK

Edited by Gollum
12 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

First 47 tests, 269 wickets at avg of 24.79 and 25 5-fers (till Mar 2017)

After that, 52 tests, 238 wickets at avg of 22.93 with 10 5-fers.

Warne has 2nd highest 5-fers (37). Midway to his career, I thought Ashwin would have 40+ by 100th test.

His fitness is his biggest enemy, plus  unlike Jadeja he stopped working on his batting. I thought he had real shot at 700 wicktes but now its looks far away.

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Oh everyone knows, think we even had a thread about that here. Lot more was said in replies to others, many non-cricket related. 

There is lots of bad blood between CSK/Srini/Dhoni gang (Siva is their loyal pet) and Ashwin because Ashwin chose a rival group. Ashwin doesn't even have support from TN cricket assoc. because of the super corrupt crook Srini. 

Had no idea of it really. 

As much as we know Ashwin, he avoids unnecessary confrontations. I believe at least with MSD he has maintained cordial relations.

Edited by Number
1 hour ago, Number said:

Had no idea of it really. 

As much as we know Ashwin, he avoids unnecessary confrontations. I believe at least with MSD he has maintained cordial relations.

He ducked from all controversies from fellow Indians. He only picks fight with foreigners which is smart. I remember him having a go at Gibbs.

On 3/6/2024 at 9:11 AM, NameGoesHere said:

It’s something to remark on that the two great Indian spinners of the modern game,  Kumble and Ashwin were so different from the mould.

Kumble came in at speed and barely spun the ball,  and for the longest time was dismissed by Indian fans used to a rich fare of classical spinners. Ashwin just kept changing, sometimes in the same game, so it was hard to pigeonhole him. 

The biggest reason why Kumble & Ash are the best spinners India has produced in the modern era and not someone like Bhajji or Raju, is that they have the perfect temperament for test cricket. 

In tests, spinners have to attack almost all the time. The mentality of a Kumble or an Ashwin, when getting cover driven by a Lara or a Smith ' like a tracer bullet' is ' oh goody goody. they are driving me. they got a 4 ? ok. let them get 5 more 4s. then he will nick one to the slips and i will have the last laugh'. 

While bowlers like Bhajji, Raju, etc have a very LOI mentality - the moment they get spanked, they'd flatten their trajectory, bowl faster and fuller, throwing darts that you cannot swing across the line. This mentality doesn't work for a frontline or solo spinner in the side. 

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He ducked from all controversies from fellow Indians. He only picks fight with foreigners which is smart. I remember him having a go at Gibbs.

What was that about? With Gibbs? 

What a whiny bitch

His batting was better than Jaddu when they started. If he focussed on that he'd have got lot more overseas Tests. Jaddu pipped him solely by becoming a reliable bat vs pace. 

Picks all 4 lower order wickets of tailenders after Kuldeep ran through the side and people go gaga over it.

Can't bat or field. Was given tons of opportunities under Dhoni but now we are to believe Dhoni/CSK hated him.

Don't forget dropping Kuldeep after 5-fer and MOM to make way for Ashwin due to his batting.

Only morons keep talking down Ashwin, they  just don’t realize, you cannot take wickets upfront all the time . Bumrah picked zero wickets. 

Ashwin picked all three wickets to start that rout last test.

what was Kuldeep doing  in Finals and semi finals when he was selected over Ashwin.Ashwin would have rolled over Travis Head in a heartbeat.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Only morons keep talking down Ashwin, they  just don’t realize, you cannot take wickets upfront all the time . Bumrah picked zero wickets. 

what was Kuldeep doing  in Finals and semi finals when he was selected over Ashwin.Ashwin would have rolled over Travis Head in a heartbeat.

He didn't do it for 5 world cups and countless ICC events last 12 years but yes he would have done it this time when he was dropped.

Ashwin was bowling legspin when KulCha were wrecking havoc in bilaterals and finger spinners were all but dead.

How people forget history 

13 hours ago, Lord said:

What a whiny bitch

His batting was better than Jaddu when they started. If he focussed on that he'd have got lot more overseas Tests. Jaddu pipped him solely by becoming a reliable bat vs pace. 

I agree but that does not take away from his overall greatness.

3 hours ago, putrevus said:

India has played 5 world cup matches against Australia since 2010. Ashwin featured in 3 of them. INdia won 2. Bowled well in the other 1 as well.  Ashwin is rarely a let down against Aussies in both formats.

twetwetww.png

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

India has played 5 world cup matches against Australia since 2010. Ashwin featured in 3 of them. INdia won 2. Bowled well in the other 1 as well.  Ashwin is rarely a let down against Aussies in both formats.

twetwetww.png

If Ashwin had played the finals , Head was not scoring that 100.

Jadeja has not won any test in SENA with his bowling either.When you play with just five batsmen and they were awful in last three years, Jadeja's batting became a necessity more than his bowling.