MAYANK YADAV .... EXPRESS and bouncy Indian pacer who is accurate too

2 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Weight training on the shoulders, back & legs is fine.

Nowadays there is a fascination amongst pacers to develop 6 pack abs..and often the young quicks put too much weight which eventually impact their back.

Nagarkoti is a prime example, take a look at its insta and he is happy posting pictures of his 6 pack abs, hardly you will see any cricket workout videos from him. 

Aaron told the same to stop lifting too heavy weights and asked Mayank to give his body as much rest as it can. So that muscles can heal & repair itself. Rest for a fast bowler (specially at a young age) is very very important. 

Even Bumrah was posting pics of his six pack.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Even Bumrah was posting pics of his six pack.

Bumrah atleast had achieved something. 

These kids who haven't yet found their feet in the big arena are doing such antics.

Nagarkoti, Mavi are two of the biggest culprits.

I am seeing Nagarkoti going Nathu Singh way.

Edited by singhvivek141

27 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

These kids who haven't yet found their feet in the big arena are doing such antics.

Nagarkoti missed the entire season, not sure if unfit or anything else. Didnt even took part in Rajasthan T20 league.

Proven non-success in IPL is hard to find way back into IPL set-up unless they are well connected, need to play any and every kind of cricket possible.

Bhuvi played UP t20 league creating noise for good reason and in some circles he is being considered for Ind again. He nearly was called this wc after Pandaya's injury.

Nagarkoti may nt have an Intnl career but some IPL team will pick him up with impact sub rule, he should have added batting he was ok batter down the order in U19 wc.

Not sure what happened to Mavi, he lost pace when he should be at his prime. There has to be something wrong, they need proper guidance 

Edited by tapandrun

16 minutes ago, tapandrun said:

Nagarkoti missed the entire season, not sure if unfit or anything else. Didnt even took part in Rajasthan T20 league.

Proven non-success in IPL is hard to find way back into IPL set-up unless they are well connected, need to play any and every kind of cricket possible.

Bhuvi played UP t20 league creating noise for good reason and in some circles he is being considered for Ind again. He nearly was called this wc after Pandaya's injury.

Nagarkoti may nt have an Intnl career but some IPL team will pick him up with impact sub rule, he should have added batting he was ok batter down the order in U19 wc.

Not sure what happened to Mavi, he lost pace when he should be at his prime. There has to be something wrong, they need proper guidance 

Both have stress fractures in the back. Mavi was picked by LSG. 

41 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

That is bit too much. What has six pack got to do with achievements.

It is good that these guy are showing interest in gym , they also need to do more bowling.That is where coaching and mentorship helps.

34 minutes ago, putrevus said:

That is bit too much. What has six pack got to do with achievements.

It is good that these guy are showing interest in gym , they also need to do more bowling.That is where coaching and mentorship helps.

Not saying six pack is bad, but the young bowlers who are barely fit for cricket. Their focus should be strengthening their shoulders, back & legs first.

Staying fit is very important at the young age, else competition is so high and they might fall into deep abyss of mediocrity never to recover again.

Tyagi has suffered and wasted his 2 years 

7 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Not saying six pack is bad, but the young bowlers who are barely fit for cricket. Their focus should be strengthening their shoulders, back & legs first.

Staying fit is very important at the young age, else competition is so high and they might fall into deep abyss of mediocrity never to recover again.

Tyagi has suffered and wasted his 2 years 

What are useless guys at NCA doing, who is the fast bowling coach in NCA? Strengthening coaches also have to tell them what not do also.

18 hours ago, Kron said:

What is the solution? Express pacers are rare. Nobody produces them and if they do they usually have a slingy or near perfect javelin throw esque action like Lee, akthar (actor), Tait etc. Most are injuur prone. 

Diet and strength training all are great. But to be able to sustain speeds and not get hurt, what can young quicks do? 

It's not just about strength training. It's about flexibility of your muscles as well. Not sure if many are warming up properly. It takes a lot out of you. I think kids these days are making the mistake of lifting to or trying to lift too heavy. Not needed. Weighted calisthetics and sport specific exercises would be better. Recovery also needs to be spot on. 

I know very well cause I have seen what many kids do. All they want to do is compete for lifting heavy whilst sacrificing proper form etc.

if he wants to bowl fast, he and his respective teams need to plan accordingly. e.g., avoid bowling when niggles exist

19 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Nagarkoti and Yadav can not be compared, Nagarkoti got injured and didnt return for a long time , some back related issue. 

Plus he was not that tall for a bowler so it was always going to be an issue and then there were better and more options available, he should have added batting ,

He is been playing on and off same  in domestics hardly plays anything  

I already did write that they are v. different types of bowlers - see my post.

the concern is whether mayank yadav will decline due to injuries or not

happy to know that mayank will be back in 7 to 9 days. thats a great news

for Super fast bowlers -injury is kinda a MUST. i guess Mayank tried very hard and bowled super fast and may be after than some stomach stretch issue cropped up. Umragan looked strong and did not have much injury issues - but his line n length issues were so much that his biggest fans ( like us) are also keeping quiet when he is sitting on Bench.

unakat got hit for 27 runs today in his last over..his analysis 4 over 49 runs where as nattu gave 33 runs in 4 overs. Now everyone knows how good UNADKAT is now.

i am sure umraan wont give more than 50 runs in his 4 overs- let the fans see if he is rubbish.

4 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

for Super fast bowlers -injury is kinda a MUST. i guess Mayank tried very hard and bowled super fast and may be after than some stomach stretch issue cropped up. Umragan looked strong and did not have much injury issues - but his line n length issues were so much that his biggest fans ( like us) are also keeping quiet when he is sitting on Bench.

unakat got hit for 27 runs today in his last over..his analysis 4 over 49 runs where as nattu gave 33 runs in 4 overs. Now everyone knows how good UNADKAT is now.

i am sure umraan wont give more than 50 runs in his 4 overs- let the fans see if he is rubbish.

everyone knows this except for selectors and TM. Even on ICF, I recall that a few people were rather excited about Undercutter when he played that Test vs Bangladesh; and even to this day, he has his fans on ICF.

18 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Think he created chances in last over, that all a bowler can do. But with so much of experience Bhuvi and Unadkat were bowling wides in last few overs.

It was ~30 runs in last over he need just 1 good ball against uncapped Ind batter

Edited by tapandrun

11 minutes ago, Vijy said:

everyone knows this except for selectors and TM. Even on ICF, I recall that a few people were rather excited about Undercutter when he played that Test vs Bangladesh; and even to this day, he has his fans on ICF.

yes Most of our selectors made HUGE Mistakes in selecting fast bowlers to represent INDIA .

Some India players also probably did not want fast bowlers to be in indian team - they were happy with a medium slow pacer in prabhakar and a swing 120's pacer in K dev, probably this ensured that the batsman wont get injured in the NETS. from raju kulkarni to somany fast bowlers - who were as fast or faster than Kaps, a guy called sanjeeve kumar was also getting some success.

giving undercutter to play in tests when Varun aroon and Umesh Yadav are waiting in the wings—thats a crazy call.b

Potential is also very important. umraan has a lot of Potential, if he gets the right training - he can win us games.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

As I said before low IQ biased people like you should refrain commenting about things. 
There were 3 catches dropped of that Unadkat over. If it was some phaaaast bowler you and your lot would be creaming their pants saying how great an over that was as he created 3 chances! That is the level of critical thinking possessed by low IQ chumps!

Unadkat has bowled well throughout this IpL and even today was economical in his first 3 overs + the awful fielding in the last l over.

Jaydev Unadkat provides more value than Tyagi and Umran combined and thats why he plays. Bowling phaast and getting pasted for 15 runs everytime you bowl will result in you warming the bench.

Also, Unadkat’s last ball six won this game eventually! A champion all round performance from the un sung hero!

Edited by Jaydev_Unadkat

8 hours ago, putrevus said:

What are useless guys at NCA doing, who is the fast bowling coach in NCA? Strengthening coaches also have to tell them what not do also.

They're just there to collect their paychecks & play around with the career of young quicks.

They will only show proactiveness when a "top tier" batter like KL Rahul is injured. Then they will use every knowledge in their book to ensure he is ready to screw us again before every big tournament.