MAYANK YADAV .... EXPRESS and bouncy Indian pacer who is accurate too

1 hour ago, Vijy said:

give raju DRS, crappy batters, and the raging turners that jaddu has. even as it stands, he is almost on par with Jaddu at home.

We had raging turners in the 90s too especially pre-1998. 2000s had flatter pitches.

13 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

There are reports of BCCI asking franchises to dominate their sides with usual suspects that will shyte in American WC

So ,neki aur pooch pooch,drop the newcomers  at the drop of hat

Par lsg me toh mohsin and thakur hai. Both are not the usual suspects. Mayank could have easily replaced thakur. 

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Par lsg me toh mohsin and thakur hai. Both are not the usual suspects. Mayank could have easily replaced thakur. 

Mayank bilkul fit ho gaya kya?

13 hours ago, Kron said:

Me? I am far from being someone who is pro Anglo propaganda. Infact I am openly racist towards them. I am like the furthest you can possibly be from being a pro white dog. 

Its pro-anglo propaganda to try and diminish the greatest batsmen the world has seen since ww2 using bullshit metrics. 

13 hours ago, Kron said:

I am absolutely not diminishing sacchus skills. He would be the best batsman in any era post 70s. But my point is he wouldn't average 60 plus. It would be under 60. 55 to 60. 

I have watched his games at his peak. 

That literally wouldnt be the case if he didnt hang around too long- his average before the last couple of years of his career was 56-57. Given that 90s was a harder era to bat than the 2014+ era, he'd have easily averaged 60+ if he didnt hang around too long. 

13 hours ago, Kron said:

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=batting_average;page=2;player_involve=1775;player_involve=1935;player_involve=2011;player_involve=2101;player_involve=2168;player_involve=2228;spanmax1=31+Dec+1999;spanmin1=01+Jan+1990;spanval1=span;template=results;type=batting

Btw this is his performance against top ranked bowlers of 90s. Mcgrath fleming (who really dint play enough nor do I consider him in the upper echelon but I will let it pass) Waqar wasim Pollock and donald

You keep ignoring Gillespie, who was a better bowler than any in this aussie pace attack not named Cummins. 

13 hours ago, Kron said:

And absolutely not. 

That's the whole point. You just proved my point. I said they had one great batsman in 2018 with ABd and they made life difficult for Australia and India as we both lost in SA cause of one batsman with their bowling attack. 

That has always been the case with south africa- their bowling has always been stronger than their batting, so your point is irrelevant. 

13 hours ago, Kron said:

Imagine I'd they had their 90s batting unit supporting their current or peak steyn era bowling attack. They would wreak havoc just as much if not more cause they are BETTER than their 90s attack. 

It wouldn't because their bowling in the 90s was better than the steyn era. Donald was equivalent to Steyn, but Pollock was better than Philander, Ntini was better than Morkel and Kallis was at his bowling best in the 90s and early 2000s, not in the later era, where he bowled far less.

13 hours ago, Kron said:

Only a past romanticising,  nostalgic, old is gold and past loving individual would say otherwise. 

Only modernist 'everything new is automatically better' kids with very little real experience of the past will say otherwise.

Just now, Muloghonto said:

Its pro-anglo propaganda to try and diminish the greatest batsmen the world has seen since ww2 using bullshit metrics. 

That literally wouldnt be the case if he didnt hang around too long- his average before the last couple of years of his career was 56-57. Given that 90s was a harder era to bat than the 2014+ era, he'd have easily averaged 60+ if he didnt hang around too long. 

You keep ignoring Gillespie, who was a better bowler than any in this aussie pace attack not named Cummins. 

That has always been the case with south africa- their bowling has always been stronger than their batting, so your point is irrelevant. 

It wouldn't because their bowling in the 90s was better than the steyn era. Donald was equivalent to Steyn, but Pollock was better than Philander, Ntini was better than Morkel and Kallis was at his bowling best in the 90s and early 2000s, not in the later era, where he bowled far less.

Only modernist 'everything new is automatically better' kids with very little real experience of the past will say otherwise.

Let it go bro....every generation has its own strengths/weaknesses and it can't be seriously compared across. 

Sachin is a great for Indian Cricket, so is Kohli, so does Kapil and so was Lala Amarnath. 

We can speculate based on what we have seen them doing, but that's where the comparison ends.

i am kind of Shocked...i have been reading that he is fit and he is bowling well in the nets.

t20 is a 4-over game and if they feel he is not at his best then they can get him to bowl his 4 overs in first 10 overs and then he can be replaced. 2 spells of 2 over each can happen even if he is 80 % fit. 

he can come and bowl at 80 % of his speed , not stretch and let teams know he is bowling at 80% speed. 

The point is "even at 80 % Speed he is faster than probably all of his team bowlers "- if he is regularly bowling at Nets , he can play in the match and bowl around 145K ..do not go full stretch.

he is harming himself by not playing as his chances of getting picked into the World Cup team are fading away...not sure when the team is getting picked, I am quite sure he wont be picked just with those T20 match performance.

kissi ke paas correct UPDATE hai about his fitness?

5 minutes ago, AKane said:

I don't think so - the decision is probably as political as medical.

But if he does not play by May 7, he would have been out for a month and he could be done for this IPL.

are you saying there could be someone interested in him not being played ...mayank could go to the World Cup team ahead of some one else.

please explain what are you wishing to say ?

4 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

are you saying there could be someone interested in him not being played ...mayank could go to the World Cup team ahead of some one else.

please explain what are you wishing to say ?

I just think he sucked the entire oxygen out of the IPL. At least on this board a lot - and I mean a lot - of posters were looking forward to LSG games and his bowling in that game. Period.

The powers that be did not want all the attention to be focused on one person instead of their overall "product" which is IPL. Fortunately for them and unfortunately for him and us,  he got a niggle.... and it has been quite a niggle - possibly not a niggle. The info about him has dribbled out and always of the form - "He is there but not quite there yet. Very close"

This is just me - and just an opinion of one person. I do think that powers that be in this country like people here to be docile - docile not just in cricket but in life. They like a person playing like Ramesh Krishnan. A Rafael Nadal will make them nervous. People like a Mayank Yadav make them nervous. They prefer a Bhuvaneshwar Kumar.

Any1 asking KL about Mayank at the toss or during the match or at post match ceremonies ? 

If not then its a deliberate effect and sweep the issue under the rug, similar to how they dealt with T20i WC early exit. 

No one would talk about it in the series to follow. -- Such kind of instruction can only come from v.top

Posted this before Mayank's best chances are going as travelling reserve, its hard to imagine that Ind selectors and TM would wait for IPL to decide on T20 WC team.

They would have 13-14 names already marked in, there could be discussion about 1/2 positions if some1 losses the form completely- Do not see that happening to any1 right now, Only Siraj and Jitesh looked completely out of form and they are building-up Avesh and Mukesh as back-ups and Pant and Sanju are in contentions for WK batters.

T

Edited by tapandrun

10 hours ago, Suhaan said:

There are reports of BCCI asking franchises to dominate their sides with usual suspects that will shyte in American WC

So ,neki aur pooch pooch,drop the newcomers  at the drop of hat

Last few seasons with WC in same year BCCI was asking IPL teams for maintaining the workload of WC probable  Ind player, now they are asking to give them more matches??

Who is reporting this ??? -- Since IPL started there have been many table top stories by reputed media houses who has no idea who is going to be picked.

Every other match it was a new face and a new name - Dube, Prag, Mayank, Avesh, some said Mohit , Chawala list keeps getting longer and longer.

There could just be 1/2 position to be discussed 

Edited by tapandrun

1 hour ago, tapandrun said:

Last few seasons with WC in same year BCCI was asking IPL teams for maintaining the workload of WC probable  Ind player, now they are asking to give them more matches??

Who is reporting this ??? -- Since IPL started there have been many table top stories by reputed media houses who has no idea who is going to be picked.

Every other match it was a new face and a new name - Dube, Prag, Mayank, Avesh, some said Mohit , Chawala list keeps getting longer and longer.

There could just be 1/2 position to be discussed 

Only till team selection.

Once the selection is done and dusted, all the Tyagi's & Umran's & Yadav's will get an odd game here and there.

That also matches with teams getting knocked out. In couple of games down further, few more teams will be out of the playoffs and hence they might try these fringe faces.

There is absolutely no reason on why a Bhuvaneshwar Kumar is being dragged across every game in IPL..despite him leaking runs at an astronomical rate. He just bowled 1 over in last game.. yet he will 100% play the next match over Umran.

in 62 yards stadium fast bowler may give few extra's ( when keeper misses or a snick reaches boundary) that's probably one reason why fast bowlers are not getting picked - umraan and karthik ..some thing like this may happen.

but now when trundlers like unadkat and other medium pacers are marked by batsman and they go all guns blazing hitting then for 18+ runs - what is the reason that karthik and Umraan are kept on benches.

DEAR SELECTORS- 

kindly intervene, if franchisee owners play these trundlers - India will not find any good bowlers. i have played in CLUB matches against Dadar union sports clun n shivaji park gymkhana teams. I found at least one Pacer in their team who was Bowling 130+. I used to OPen the batting for my company and realized that Mumbai CLUBS also have some true talented pacers.  if I generalise it and say Mumbai has 100 + good Cricket CLUBS , in that case Mumbai has around 100 + pacers bowling very well at 130 to 135k.

i am giving this number at a lower side- MUMBAI may have more than 100 pacers bowling very good line n length between 130 to 135K.

India may have at least 500 + Pacers bowling 130 to 135K and some of them are considered extremely accurate like NATTU or Yash Thakur.

it is IMPOSSIBLE to make the correct choice and say that these 5 are the best among the 500 +.

it is possible to improve the line n length of bowlers who can bowl from 135 to 155k- this category is RARE. we are all shouting out loud to consider these bowlers in IPL and for INDIA . No point in picking bowlers under 135 even for IPL. 

Faster bowlers find it tough to bowl the perfect line n length - that's true but they can be trained and they will manage to do that. 

Select genuine fast bowlers otherwise, you are doing grave injustice to those 450+ pacers who can bowl equally good but are not in IPL teams.

23 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Realistically Mayank, Umraan and Tyagi were never in contention of making to WC team.

Yes they will get some garbage time matches when teams know who are making to the Qualifiers. 

If LSG has any wish to qualify...they need to play Mayank in remaining games.

5 matches left..he can easily win 2 for them if he is fit and in rhythm.

24 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

If LSG has any wish to qualify...they need to play Mayank in remaining games.

5 matches left..he can easily win 2 for them if he is fit and in rhythm.

Think their plan was to try qualify without Mayank and once they are in use him as a pure match winner in Qualifier.

Reemergence of DC has changed the tables a bit but still apart from RR all other 5 teams are 10 points , KKR has played 8 games rest 9-10. 

Edited by tapandrun