Visited any new place ? Share your trip report.

Number

Requesting mods to sticky it so that we get to hear from more from frequent travellers on the forum.

Visited UAE in mid of march with family. Stayed in Dubai, had a day trip to Abu Dhabi. Just touched upon Sharjah while going for desert Safari.

- Crazy rich country, the skylines put me in awe although I have been around some major cities in the world.

- Burj Khalifa is quite a spectacle in the evening when the light shows start.

- The palm island is one of the greatest man made constructions. They made it in 5-6 years, roughly the time a 5 km long flyover takes in our cities :((

- Following footstpes of Dubai, Abu Dhabi is now pouring crazy money in tourism, there are so many attractions that you can easily spend 3 days dedicatedly here in a UAE trip, the seaworld at Yas Island is out of the world experience.  

Edited by Number

Vietnam over 2 weeks in October 2023 - Ho Chi Minh City, Mui Ne, Da Lat, Da Nang, Hai Van Pass, Hue, Hanoi, Sapa.

Highly recommended Vietnam. Probably the most under rated county in all of South East Asia

Currently travelling around New Zealand South Island - Queenstown, Fox Glacier, Franz Josef Glacier, Milford Sound, Bluff (South most point of the South Island), Oamaru, Mount Cook National Park

Hire a car and explore the South Island on your own terms!

Edited by EnterTheVoid

3 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Vietnam over 2 weeks in October 2023 - Ho Chi Minh City, Mui Ne, Da Lat, Da Nang, Hai Van Pass, Hue, Hanoi, Sapa.

Highly recommended Vietnam. Probably the most under rated county in all of South East Asia

Currently travelling around New Zealand South Island - Queenstown, Fox Glacier, Franz Josef Glacier, Milford Sound, Bluff (South most point of the South Island), Oamaru, Mount Cook National Park

You've missed out on Hoi An and Phu Quoc.

IMO, the two best places that the country has to offer.

6 hours ago, Mariyam said:

You've missed out on Hoi An and Phu Quoc.

IMO, the two best places that the country has to offer.

Ah yup, Hoi An. The night lanterns. Got a lantern from there as a souvenir. And some posters.

Haven't been to Phu Quoc.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

10 hours ago, Mariyam said:

I am going to Portugal in May with my mom and my daughter. A girls trip.

Lisbon, Peniche, Nazare, Coimbra, Porto and Algrave.

If we can jugaad for the tickets, will also attend a Taylor Swift concert while in Lisbon.

Nazare - only heard about the 80+ feet waves and as a surfing destination. 

2 hours ago, diga said:

Nazare - only heard about the 80+ feet waves and as a surfing destination. 

There are two routes to go from Lisbon to Porto.

One is inland, which is faster and has fewer places of interest.

The other is coastal which is scenic and hence slower.

Idea is to drive both ways once on each route.Hence Nazare.

On 3/31/2024 at 4:04 PM, EnterTheVoid said:

I will be going in June 2024.

Ho chi Minh, Hue, DaNang & Hoi An are in itinerary. North Vietnam wanted to cover specially Halong Bay cruise but leaves will be a problem.

Wanted to go Dalat as well, but couldn't find flights on skyscanner. Plus road travel will be tough due to small kids.

I did a road trip to Kerala from Hyderabad via Bangalore in Dec 2023.

Stayed at Munnar 2 days, Thekkadi 1 day, Varkala 2 days & Alleppy 2 days.

Munnar was amazing as anything. Beautiful weather and crowd, my resort was at the top so no proper cellphone network. Had visited Tea plantation, Ervikulam National Park & Chocolate Factory.

Thekkady we reached on the day of Sabarimala travel. Hence full traffic everywhere, did Elephant ride there.

Thekkady to Varkala ride was excellent, roads are a problem though as Kerala don't have 4 lane highways. Visited the Varkala cliffs and enjoyed drinks at the Darjeeling house. Though weather was unbearably hot even in December. Another thing to note that in Varkala most restaurants still don't have many good managers, thus food service is very slow and problematic at the restaurants. Have to chase them everytime.

Alleppey we stayed at resort only, one day stayed at Boat house. Tbh, found it a little overrated, overpriced and boring. But except that resort had every possible facility we can look for.

Road from Hyderabad to Bengaluru & Bengaluru till Dindigul via Kanyakumari Expressway was excellent. Road from Dindigul to Munnar via Bodi was steep incline with many hairpin turns. Driving manual car on those roads was a challenge, won't recommend for the new drivers. Otherwise road is scenic and there are spots where you can take some stunning shots if you're interested in photography. 

Lastly, Beware of the Kerala State Bus Drivers, they are as erratic as ever and it's not safe to do a competition with them.

18 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I will be going in June 2024.

Ho chi Minh, Hue, DaNang & Hoi An are in itinerary. North Vietnam wanted to cover specially Halong Bay cruise but leaves will be a problem.

Wanted to go Dalat as well, but couldn't find flights on skyscanner. Plus road travel will be tough due to small kids.

Ha Long Bay can be done as a day trip from Hanoi.

Ha Long Bay can go one of both ways - Either, you will be amazed by the limestone cliffs rising out of the water. Or left underwhelmed, if you go by carefully curated pictures seen on social media.

I recommend you do a day trip to Ninh Binh/Tam Coc instead.

There isn't much to see/do in Dalat apart from some waterfalls. Dalat is slightly cooler in weather, that's why the French built their resorts there.

Ho Chi Minh - Cu Chi Tunnels + Mekong Delta cruise + Pham Ngu Lao

Hue - The abandoned waterpark

Da Nang - Hai Van Pass to Hue + marble mountains (underground caves) + day trip to Hoi An

Hoi An - See the lanterns at night.

On 3/31/2024 at 11:34 AM, EnterTheVoid said:

Is 2 weeks enough for Vietnam or 3 weeks with Cambodia works?