DDCA - An inspiration to other state boards ?

DDCA in early 00's was always known for the corruption and power hungry politics. I think it does even continue in the bureaucrats which are ruling the state cricket association. 

But one think which we can't ignore is how DDCA is encouraging the fast bowlers.

Right from Ishant Sharma to Navdeep Saini to the current trio of Rana, Mayank & Himanshu. Plus they also have Simarjeet Singh who himself is a quick bowler.

Other state teams, who despite having quality fast bowlers at their backyard. Are always conservative and and borderline "coward" in promoting the quicks. I don't want to point out the names but I think other state associations too should take a look at DDCA and learn a thing or two. 

Great topic bro !

I had been meaning to write about the same after the IPL. 

Mayank

Harshit

Himanshu

Ishant

Saini

Simarjeet

Suyal 

Sangwan

Khejroliya 

The DDCA have given chances to atleast 9 quick pacers in the last few years 

It is clear that they want pacers who are tall, hit the deck and quick. Basically international type pacers. And they support their quicks. 

Really like their attitude regarding this aspect. 

They should become a benchmark for other state boards regarding fast bowling.

Well done DDCA.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Great topic bro !

I had been meaning to write about the same after the IPL. 

Mayank

Harshit

Himanshu

Ishant

Saini

Simarjeet

Suyal 

Sangwan

Khejroliya 

The DDCA have given chances to atleast 9 quick pacers in the last few years 

It is clear that they want pacers who are tall, hit the deck and quick. Basically international type pacers. And they support their quicks. 

Really like their attitude regarding this aspect. 

They should become a benchmark for other state boards regarding fast bowling.

Well done DDCA.

Even the cricketers who has come from Delhi Cricket favours pace bowling.

GG has good understanding of fast bowling, Kohli too for quite a long time used fast bowling for his success in Tests. Nehra is another one who likes to talk about fast bowlers (though it remains to be seen if he give them chances). Sehwag too at times praises fast bowlers as spinners for him is just too easy to handle.

Ganguly is another one who has good understanding of pace bowling. But somehow he isnt that that vocal which he is supposed to be. He played a good role in backing Shami but these days he is quite silent on Akashdeep's exclusion and infact more interested in pushing Mukesh Kumar.

4 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Even the cricketers who has come from Delhi Cricket favours pace bowling.

GG has good understanding of fast bowling, Kohli too for quite a long time used fast bowling for his success in Tests. Nehra is another one who likes to talk about fast bowlers (though it remains to be seen if he give them chances). Sehwag too at times praises fast bowlers as spinners for him is just too easy to handle.

Ganguly is another one who has good understanding of pace bowling. But somehow he isnt that that vocal which he is supposed to be. He played a good role in backing Shami but these days he is quite silent on Akashdeep's exclusion and infact more interested in pushing Mukesh Kumar.

that's why those TN-types should be kept as far from influence as possible.

22 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

DDCA in early 00's was always known for the corruption and power hungry politics. I think it does even continue in the bureaucrats which are ruling the state cricket association. 

But one think which we can't ignore is how DDCA is encouraging the fast bowlers.

Right from Ishant Sharma to Navdeep Saini to the current trio of Rana, Mayank & Himanshu. Plus they also have Simarjeet Singh who himself is a quick bowler.

Other state teams, who despite having quality fast bowlers at their backyard. Are always conservative and and borderline "coward" in promoting the quicks. I don't want to point out the names but I think other state associations too should take a look at DDCA and learn a thing or two. 

See the Rajat Sharma podcast with ANI where he specifically mentions this. He says there was corruption & rent seeking for everything from selections to catering contracts which he had to clean up when Jaitley asked him to take up the job. It became a model board only after that. One wonders what is going on in other boards around the country tbh. It's possible they are reaping the rewards of clean administration now. 

https://youtu.be/GNPQYcgmS_c?si=Vo5RoUqUSx2lkpo9

From 2:24:00 onwards. 

23 hours ago, Vijy said:

Dk - indian bowler bowls over 145 plus. Medium pacer

Nortje and his white gods do it - he is a wow. Express.

All of them in TN have same mentality. Lol they love medium swingers. 

40 minutes ago, Kron said:

Dk - indian bowler bowls over 145 plus. Medium pacer

Nortje and his white gods do it - he is a wow. Express.

All of them in TN have same mentality. Lol they love medium swingers. 

only if they are india. they are slavish toward gora express pacers.

7 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

If DDCA sorts out the corruption...  No reason why they won't win Ranji Trophy with relative ease. 

BCCI needs to host Ranji KO's in India's premier venues with better pitches. 

Talent less sides like Bambi and Vidarbha dominating Ranji Trophy is a disgrace. 

Bambis at least in domestic have the clutch gene. Very tough to put away in knockouts, khadoos mentality.

On 4/3/2024 at 6:19 PM, Vijy said:

There ard 2 types of players from TN

Bharati Arun and Woorkeri Raman who love Indian quicks and support them. 

Dinesh Karthick type who calls an Indian bowling 135 to 145 as a 135 k pacer and a foreigner bowling 135 to 145 as a 145 k pacer.  

8 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

If DDCA sorts out the corruption...  No reason why they won't win Ranji Trophy with relative ease. 

Talent less sides like Bambi and Vidarbha dominating Ranji Trophy is a disgrace. 

Corruption is way too big in DDCA.

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Bambis at least in domestic have the clutch gene. Very tough to put away in knockouts, khadoos mentality.

Final was a extremely low quality affair...  

Musheer looked utterly clueless in U19 WC KO's as soon as he encountered genuine pace of SA and Aus. 

Here he scored easy runs Against Vidarbha.  Less said about Thakur's assault the better. 

But this is the story of Ranji Trophy.  Perhaps one of the most lowest quality domestic tourney along with Poyzz very own QeA trophy. 

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Dinesh Karthick type who calls an Indian bowling 135 to 145 as a 135 k pacer and a foreigner bowling 135 to 145 as a 145 k pacer.  

I should have been more clear in saying that I was referring to people who were raised in TN, like the notorious DK. Arun, if I recall correctly, was from Andhra.

I know Raman is also pro-pace, but to me, he is an exception than the norm. Most of them love their trundlers and have massive gora fetish (DK, LSK, etc are examples)

23 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Blasphemy

16 hours ago, express bowling said:

Don't forget TA Sekhar, no less than Bharat Arun. 

22 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Final was a extremely low quality affair...  

Musheer looked utterly clueless in U19 WC KO's as soon as he encountered genuine pace of SA and Aus. 

Here he scored easy runs Against Vidarbha.  Less said about Thakur's assault the better. 

But this is the story of Ranji Trophy.  Perhaps one of the most lowest quality domestic tourney along with Poyzz very own QeA trophy. 

If you go ask any test playing country's circket fan they will say the same thing and bemoan the quality of their domestic cricket competition. Talent which comes from first class cricket doesn't come ready to take on the rigours of international cricket from the first ball, it has to be honed and nurtured over a period of time.