To save India.. we need a strong opposition otherwise BJP will destroy the country

straighttalk

1 hour ago, Insidious said:

Issue is not ED and CBI initiating proceedings against politician of opposition parties. Issue is dropping of charges against the same politician when he/she joins the ruling party.

The ruling party has made a mockery of institution like ED/CBI.

Charges are NOT dropped against anyone. Note 95% cases of ED are against these non political people. ED is prioritising suspects who are High on NSA radar (Hawala, drug mafia terrorist funding  political bigwigs or sympathiser of terrorist or suspected links). . Then comes opposition with suspected pro china stand.  Everyone else are low priority.

You dont see people from BJD under lens. They govern huge state. Supremos of SP is not under lens. Now if tomorrow, Stalin is found involved in busted DMK drug trafficing ring, ED will make a case somewhere , where they can prosecute. For now, seems like Stalin was unaware of DMK drug trafficking ring

Even for AAP, Bhagwant Mann is biggest leader and has a circle. But question is not if Kejri or others are corrupt, Question is why is ED after Kejri and his inner circle?

Answer: Magsasay Award, UN, US, Germanys reactions

Mr Soren! Why  him. Answer: Naxal Belt ie Chinas field.

Edited by mishra

1 hour ago, Insidious said:

Issue is not ED and CBI initiating proceedings against politician of opposition parties. Issue is dropping of charges against the same politician when he/she joins the ruling party.

The ruling party has made a mockery of institution like ED/CBI.

This is opposition's propaganda. Please read this. Most of the cases closed/charges dropped or bails etc have happened long before joining bjp. 

On 4/4/2024 at 9:19 PM, straighttalk said:

Absolutely . And that's why modi keeps getting elected.. and in the long run that's bad for India.. modi without doubt is a better leader and administrator for India but he bring in authoritarianism along with a legacy of religious bloodshed... Allowing bjp to be the one party ruler of India is akin to moving under ccp

lol the priority of Indians at this point should be to select someone who can run this country.

Our per capita income is at sub saharan levels, we are one of the most fcked up poor country who should worry about a lot of things other than fighting imaginary battles of saving free speech and democracy.

Edited by Number

32 minutes ago, Number said:

lol the priority of Indians at this point should be to select someone who can run this country.

Our per capita income is at sub saharan levels, we are one of the most fcked up poor country who should worry about a lot of things other than fighting imaginary battles of saving free speech and democracy.

Have you been to the sub Saharan Africa to compare?

9 hours ago, randomGuy said:

Have you been to the sub Saharan Africa to compare?

No. Just making a point that being one of the most poor countries in the world, we should look for better administrators and leaders rather than taking them for granted and fighting daemons of dictatorship when none exist. 

Look at this gem of ultra pro max democratic congress government. Kept losing out on investments like these.

https://www.forbes.com/2007/09/06/intel-india-china-markets-equity-cx_rd_0906markets1.html?sh=187bc1114bf9

42 minutes ago, Number said:

No. Just making a point that being one of the most poor countries in the world, we should look for better administrators and leaders rather than taking them for granted and fighting daemons of dictatorship when none exist. 

Look at this gem of ultra pro max democratic congress government. Kept losing out on investments like these.

https://www.forbes.com/2007/09/06/intel-india-china-markets-equity-cx_rd_0906markets1.html?sh=187bc1114bf9

I know I am going tangential to your main point but I won't refer to India as one of the poorest, more so because govt is aiming to make it a developed country in 23 years. Probably a middle income country atm.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:18 PM, cowboysfan said:

Congress is the only reason for the rise of a party like BJP which smartly has shown the appeasement politics of Congress.majority of the hindi heartbelt see Gandhis and Congress as Anti-hindu now.imo its all down to pappu,he has scored own goals after own goals since 2014 and is doing it almost everyday in the election year.There is no hope for Congress as long as Rahul is directing them to disaster.I still dont understand why they didnt attend the Ram Mandir opening,they would have lost zero Muslim vote but still declined the invitation.

I suspect Pappu is actually an agent of the BJP! He is probably scoring self goals as part of a deal to keep himself and his family out of prison. 

10 hours ago, nevada said:

I suspect Pappu is actually an agent of the BJP! He is probably scoring self goals as part of a deal to keep himself and his family out of prison. 

haven't thought about that scenario. could be true who knows :laugh:

On 4/3/2024 at 7:33 AM, mishra said:

We are better off without Such kind of third grade opposition thinking

I agree when corruption is on the forefront . You dont have a defense but to call others third grade

On 4/4/2024 at 9:32 AM, coffee_rules said:

Read about how communal riots have decreased enormously after 2014! 

Agreed.. just like there are no communal riots in Pakistan Saudi Arabia etc . Same goes for BJP ruled India.. 

On 4/4/2024 at 2:40 PM, mishra said:

^ Because BJP has delivered what.they promised. Also BJP has no alternative for now.  Congress rule was a rule of non delivery.

only one thing left. We want all corrupts to be pushed into prison. 

Exactly how is Congress rule a rule of non delivery

1. Who built the first nuke

2. Who liberated Bangladesh

3. Who established iits and a culture of science and education

4. Who built isro

5. Who liberated the economy

6. Was Indias growth bad until 2014.. of course there were bad periods during global recession.

Was Congress poor in many respects? Yes. So is modi and BJP. Question is who rules by dividing society and people . By murdering people in terms of religion. Modi might be a good administrator but India would be better off with a strong opposition who is competent and secular too. I don't care about bjp or Congress .. I would rather have a strong democratic country where pet oligarchs not rule roost 

On 4/3/2024 at 5:37 AM, randomGuy said:

Question to OP, Did Maratha/Sikh empires need Mughals? Not saying all opposition are showing such traits but some part of opposition is showing such traits.

I don't understand the reference... Having a strong opposition doesn't mean having a opposition that is Muslim or evil . It means having a good leader irrespective of religion who is competent honest and does not indulge in bloodshed in the name of religion

18 minutes ago, straighttalk said:

Agreed.. just like there are no communal riots in Pakistan Saudi Arabia etc . Same goes for BJP ruled India.. 

What a stupid logic! 

Do you realize how much things were bad in a state like UP before Yogi took over? Even MPs and MLAs were being gunned down by AK-47s in broad daylight, forget about the common citizen. People back then were even afraid to go out in dark in many places. 

Today even UP has far less political violence than places like West Bengal, Punjab and Kerala which are ruled by leftist/Non-BJP parties. 

19 minutes ago, straighttalk said:

4. Who built isro

6. Was Indias growth bad until 2014.. of course there were bad periods during global recession.

Was Congress poor in many respects? Yes. So is modi and BJP. Question is who rules by dividing society and people . By murdering people in terms of religion. Modi might be a good administrator but India would be better off with a strong opposition who is competent and secular too. I don't care about bjp or Congress .. I would rather have a strong democratic country where pet oligarchs not rule roost 

Congress rule is a rule of non delivery beause congress had nearly 50 years of almost uninterrupted rule and still managed to be an absolute total fail at the economy. And even when someone had the basic economic knowledge to do the right thing, like MMS, he was retarded enough to overly focus on a high skill service sector like IT and not manufacturing, knowing fully well that IT or service industry CANNOT be the ticket to affluence for a nation of 1 billion (at the time) as it cannot create anywhere as many well paying jobs as manufacturing can. 

How bad congress rule was, is shown in a simple statistic - Modi period has seen more water connections, electricity connections and roads build (in kms) than the entire congress period prior, which has been nearly five times longer. 

This is just demonstrating one section of total fail of congress - economy and infrastrcture. 
If i were to go into details of how congress is the SOLE reason for pakistan's continued existence, for pakistan having the ability to cause kashmir pandit exodus, total failure during 1965 war with China (which is on congress, aka nehru himself) and numerous foreign policy and geopolitical blunders, then i will have to write a 3000 word essay on the topic. 

We dont want a secular competitor. Because we cannot have secularism with religions who's official and fundamental policy is total supremacy at any cost - islam and christianity. If this was fellow dharmic of any other blend of non abrahamic religions in the country, i'd agree for a strong secular opposition, but in our climate, with a strong hindu party, the meaning of a secular party will be a pro-muslim & pro-christian party. Which is a mantle already assumed by congress and AAP is making it clear they also want to be part of that mantle, along with DMK & Trinamool. 

Ergo, we are not going to allow the anti-hindu forces to coalesce into any manner of strength. 

24 minutes ago, straighttalk said:

I don't understand the reference... Having a strong opposition doesn't mean having a opposition that is Muslim or evil . It means having a good leader irrespective of religion who is competent honest and does not indulge in bloodshed in the name of religion

Strong opposition doesnt necessarily mean pro-muslim in theory, but in realpolitk terms and in reality, it does. BJP has cornered the market at being the hindu party. There are only two conceivable parties that can challenge BJP in that, in my lifetime and that is Shiv Sena & BJD. Well, SS took a humongous step back in its hinduvta credentials over the last 5 years- it may even have damaged it irreparably. BJD is too much of a regional orya party but they will have to go far past the patnaik family power structure to become the national hindu party and not just be orya hindu party. 

Since BJP has cornered the hindu vote market ( and is going to corner it even more, as BJP hasnt reached its zenith of gaining hindu votes), the easist path to being the opposition is obviously trying to corner the anti-hindu vote market. Which lies with the muslims, commies & christian vote market. And as long as you are stronger in your vote base than bjp is in its ( as in higher % of muslims + christians voting anti-bjp than hindus voting bjp), you will always remain as the most credible opposition party in India and if you get  a bit lucky with hindu complacency ( as hindus tend to vote a lot less with hinduvta ideals than actual good governance, economy & security ideals) , you may win a term or two as well. 

This is the clear cut plan of the opposition, which is why you see highly anti-hindu statements/actions from Congress, Trinamool,DMK, AAP, CPM etc. They arent stupid either - if we can figure out what is the easiest path to being the second largest party in India, so can they. 

Which is also why we are not going to let go of the chokehold we have over the opposition anytime soon either, beause their existence, by definition will be to screw the majority to empower the minority - which has another name : Elitist subjugation of the majority. In this case, the elitists wont be foreign invaders, they will be those who hold foreign origin religions and ideologies. 

25 minutes ago, straighttalk said:

4. Who built isro

I fully agree on having a strong opposition. But that opposition also has to be democratic and not ruled by a few dynastic families. Even the grand old party like Congress has been fully hijacked by a single family.

Congress ruled for more than 55 years, should have done a hell lot more. Until 1990, after being ruled by a single family for 40 years, we were bankrupt and far behind even Pakistan on all indicators! 43 years lost.

Take a look at the constituencies of Amethi and Rae Bareli which voted for the Gandhi family members since independence. They are underdeveloped even by UP standards. On the contrary see how much Varanasi has improved under Modi in just 10 years.

20 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

I fully agree on having a strong opposition. But that opposition also has to be democratic and not ruled by a few dynastic families. Even the grand old party like Congress has been fully hijacked by a single family.

Congress ruled for more than 55 years, should have done a hell lot more. Until 1990, after being ruled by a single family for 40 years, we were bankrupt and far behind even Pakistan on all indicators! 43 years lost.

Take a look at the constituencies of Amethi and Rae Bareli which voted for the Gandhi family members since independence. They are underdeveloped even by UP standards. On the contrary see how much Varanasi has improved under Modi in just 10 years.

Its simplistic and intuitive to say that india needs strong opposition, but its actually wrong. Last thing india needs is a strong opposition, because as i have explained above and as can be empricially confirmed with election manifestos, statements and actions of the opposition parties currently, opposition parties can only be opposition if they are staunchly anti hindu, as bjp has cornered the hindu votes and will continue its march to gain even more hindu votes. 

But BJP needs to be kept honest. Therefore, what india needs, is another hindu party, who ideally would become a needed coalition member for bjp or at least big enough to be the party you need to change constitution (for the bjp). This is the scenario where bjp will be forced to look behind its back for another hindu party breathing down its neck and will gain power at every bjp mis-step or half-action. 

43 minutes ago, Muloghonto said:

Its simplistic and intuitive to say that india needs strong opposition, but its actually wrong. Last thing india needs is a strong opposition, because as i have explained above and as can be empricially confirmed with election manifestos, statements and actions of the opposition parties currently, opposition parties can only be opposition if they are staunchly anti hindu, as bjp has cornered the hindu votes and will continue its march to gain even more hindu votes. 

But BJP needs to be kept honest. Therefore, what india needs, is another hindu party, who ideally would become a needed coalition member for bjp or at least big enough to be the party you need to change constitution (for the bjp). This is the scenario where bjp will be forced to look behind its back for another hindu party breathing down its neck and will gain power at every bjp mis-step or half-action. 

Agree in principal and this has always been my thought process.   

But for this to happen - the H vote bank has to be  consolidated a lot more than what it is now - otherwise the votes will be spilt between a far right H party and

right of center ( BJP) Hindu party and the secular cabal will win all the swing seats.

BJP got just 37 % of the voteshare in 2019 despite a thumping seat victory in Lok Sabha 2019 - it shows the H votebank is not consolidated and BJP won because of astute planning.

Step 1 : Consolidate H vote - this has been the biggest challenge for BJP since its inception. Even the Ram Mandir issue has not succeeding in doing this adequately.

We have Hindus to blame almost entirely for allowing secular fraud appeasement parties to thrive ( both at center and at state level )

A large part of the H votebank are SC/ST/OBC who will only vote for BJP if they are given freebies, reservation and govt jobs.

BJP has been trying really hard to pull them into the BJP fold decisively.

Step 2: Institute another H party that is far right H.  I would love it if at some point Yogi Adityanath splits and forms his own political party - believe you me - lots of voters from UP, Gujarat, MH, Karnataka - much prefer his style than right of center. This will ensure the fake single minority appeasement votebank politics in India becomes history.

4 hours ago, Muloghonto said:

Strong opposition is flawed concept in Indian journey. Labor vs Conservative, Democrat vs Republican. India is still finding its feet and trying to get rid of Family Rule. Every where it ois being ruled by a family. BJP is only party which is fighting this mentality. Only when it has completely won against Family rule, Only then we can see shoots of principal based politics in India. Till then a idea of India Against Corruption (IAC) will turn into tools of Family based Party or convert into pricipal less Kejriwal party.