4. Pant

5. Dube

6. Ashutosh Sharma / Shashank Singh

7. Nitish Reddy

8. H Pandya

9. Kuldeep Yadav

10. Bumrah

11. Mayank Yadav / Mohsin

Batting firepower all the way to 8. Abhishek, Dube and Ashutosh/Shashank would be the power hitters. Ideally I didn't want Pandu, but couldn't think of a better seam bowling AR option. On spin friendly conditions, Pandu could make way for Axar.

Bowling wise: 7 options: Abhishek, Dube, Pandya and Reddy can together complete 8 overs. Ashutosh/Shashank also appear to be ARs but never seen them bowl. 

No egggsperienced sheeeeet anchor roles!!!

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

Pandu at 8? No thanks

Can't think of an alternative for seam bowler/batsman. Venkatesh has not lived up and Shardul is equally bad. If spin friendly conditions, then Axar would replace Pandu

9 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

1. Abhishek

2. Jaiswal

3. Samson

4. SKY

5. Dube

6. Rinku

7. Tewatia

8. Harshit

9. Kuldeep

10. Bumrah

11. Mayank

Captain Bumrah or SKY

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Highly unlikely to happen but how about fielding this XI in the World T20

1. Jaiswal

2. Abhishek Sharma

3. SKY

4. Pant

5. Dube

7. Nitish Reddy

8. H Pandya

9. Kuldeep Yadav

10. Bumrah

Batting firepower all the way to 8. Abhishek, Dube and Ashutosh/Shashank would be the power hitters. Ideally I didn't want Pandu, but couldn't think of a better seam bowling AR option. On spin friendly conditions, Pandu could make way for Axar.

Bowling wise: 7 options: Abhishek, Dube, Pandya and Reddy can together complete 8 overs. Ashutosh/Shashank also appear to be ARs but never seen them bowl. 

Both are easily better team than what we gonna field in this world Cup. 

16 minutes ago, Texan said:

Can't think of an alternative for seam bowler/batsman. Venkatesh has not lived up and Shardul is equally bad. If spin friendly conditions, then Axar would replace Pandu

Harshit, Mohsin have done decently. At no. 8 you don't need much batting ability.

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Highly unlikely to happen but how about fielding this XI in the World T20

1. Jaiswal

2. Abhishek Sharma

3. SKY

4. Pant

5. Dube

7. Nitish Reddy

8. H Pandya

9. Kuldeep Yadav

10. Bumrah

I feel this team is lite on spin attack. Kuldeep and Abhishek being the main duo Jaiswal may have to bowl his leg break more often than not. How about replacing Ashutosh with Rinku? Both are pinch hitters but with Rinku you've a part time off break option. So both Jaiswal and Rinku could share the role of third spinner if need be.

As for pace is concerned, I agree there ain't much option there for the third pacer without compromising on the depth of the batting line up. You've got Nitish and Dube as 4th pacers if someone has a bad day.

I like your team better except that I'd prefer Rinku in place of Ashutosh as much as I'd love to see him in the 11.

4 minutes ago, Lord said:

Harshit, Mohsin have done decently. At no. 8 you don't need much batting ability.

Haven't seen Mohsin or Harshit bat. The idea with batting down to 8 is to keep hitting even if team loses 3-4 wickets early. Often teams without deep batting slow down in such situations when they feel batting doesn't have enough depth. 

1 minute ago, JaFanatic said:

I feel this team is lite on spin attack. Kuldeep and Abhishek being the main duo Jaiswal may have to bowl his leg break more often than not. How about replacing Ashutosh with Rinku? Both are pinch hitters but with Rinku you've a part time off break option. So both Jaiswal and Rinku could share the role of third spinner if need be.

As for pace is concerned, I agree there ain't much option there for the third pacer without compromising on the depth of the batting line up. You've got Nitish and Dube as 4th pacers if someone has a bad day.

I like your team better except that I'd prefer Rinku in place of Ashutosh as much as I'd love to see him in the 11.

I like Rinku too, but he hasn't hit much form recently and I have not seen him bowl.

In spin friendly conditions, Axar would replace Pandu.

On 4/28/2024 at 10:21 PM, singhvivek141 said:

1. Abhishek

2. Jaiswal

3. Samson

4. SKY

5. Dube

6. Rinku

7. Tewatia

8. Harshit

9. Kuldeep

10. Bumrah

11. Mayank

Captain Bumrah or SKY

At 7 need someone who bowls regularly. #7 is our biggest sore spot. No real option. Someone who can hit the ball and bowl decent overs of spin or pace whatever needed.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

At 7 need someone who bowls regularly. #7 is our biggest sore spot. No real option. Someone who can hit the ball and bowl decent overs of spin or pace whatever needed.

What do you think of Nitish ?...he seems to me as a bowler with good basics unlike V Iyer or Vijay Shankar.

Can he be improved bowling wise to become a reliable 5th bowler ?

Nishant Sindhu is very raw, but he is an ideal no 7 though. Skilled in both facets of game.

Edited by singhvivek141

2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

What do you think of Nitish ?...he seems to me as a bowler with good basics unlike V Iyer or Vijay Shankar.

Can he be improved bowling wise to become a reliable 5th bowler ?

Nishant Sindhu is very raw, but he is an ideal no 7 though. Skilled in both facets of game.

he is better for longer formats, i.e., 50 overs and especially tests. does not have power game to play in MO in T20s