Are you still looking forward to the T20 WC after the team announcement ?

23 hours ago, Gollum said:

In 2021 Indian cricket was basically saved by the BGT, once in a lifetime series that was....both SCG stonewall and Gabba fortress breach happened in 2021. Otherwise media spotlight would have been on our Olympians, the likes of Neeraj Chopra, Sindhu and our hockey team. Even 2021 IPL sucked balls, UAE WC was humiliation, we abandoned the 5th test in Eng for IPL......the emergence of youngsters in Aus made cricket memorable that year.

This year Gukesh has already achieved something remarkable at the age of 17, his world title match against a Chinese in November will get crazy hype and both Modi and Xi Jinping will get involved (like Kissinger and Brezhnev in 1972 match). If we do well in Olympics (imagine Chopra with another gold and hockey medal) and flop in the cricket WC, people are going to ask why we suck in this minor sport played in 4 countries. 

and then we will see a move toward other more genuine and widespread sports.

all the kohli & sachin fetishists on ICF can, in the meantime, keep slobbering over their heroes.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

It took Messi his last World Cup to win his first worldcup. I think, with no pitch doctoring( which is why we lost against AUS in 2023) in West Indies possible, with day games ( no due/no variation in conditions), I am expecting ind vs aus final and India winning this time. 

Keeping fingers crossed.

Though I do believe that in Indian Cricket transition doesn't happen automatically..rather it's forced upon.

Seniors never understand the point of retiring on high and instead will keep on dragging their career in chasing meaningless records and in turn will create a roadblocks for some talented youngster.

Kapil should have retired post 1992 WC, he dragged himself till 1994.

2011 WC was the right time for Tendulkar to retire..he kept on playing till 2013.

2017 CT was the right time for MS to retire, he hung on to it till 2020. 

DK should have retired post 2019 WC.

2023 ODI WC was right time for Rohit to retire from ODI's. He has still not done.

Both Rohit & Kohli should have called off T20 cricket post 2022 T20 WC as well ..but here Rohit is dreaming of captaincy while Kohli is complaining about how his name is being used to promote the cricket.

Srinath, Gambhir were perhaps the only ones who retired at the right time. Kumble, Dravid were wise to keep themselves away from multi formats to prolong their career.

Edited by singhvivek141
2 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Keeping fingers crossed.

Though I do believe that in Indian Cricket transition doesn't happen automatically..rather it's forced upon.

Seniors never understand the point of retiring on high and instead will keep on dragging their career in chasing meaningless records and in turn will create a roadblocks for some talented youngster.

Kapil should have retired post 1992 WC, he dragged himself till 1994.

2011 WC was the right time for Tendulkar to retire..he kept on playing till 2013.

2017 CT was the right time for MS to retire, he hung on to it till 2020. 

DK should have retired post 2019 WC.

2023 ODI WC was right time for Rohit to retire from ODI's. He has still not done.

Both Rohit & Kohli should have called off T20 cricket post 2022 T20 WC as well ..but here Rohit is dreaming of captaincy while Kohli is complaining about how his name is being used to promote the cricket.

Srinath, Gambhir were perhaps the only ones who retired at the right time. Kumble, Dravid were wise to keep themselves away from multi formats to prolong their career.

While I understand in India seniors play too long but you cannot blame players for wanting to play.  Selectors are the ones who have to be blamed.

Gambhir other than his purple patch for three or 4 years was never that good .. He did make come back with weird  stance in 2016 only to flop.

Dravid was an excess in Odis way back in 2004 but he still played in 2009 CT.

Srinath and Gavaskar to me were the only guys who walked away while being good.

Interest is all but gone with deserving players like Rinku and Abhishek not being picked, and seeing the likes of Chahal and Jadeja haunt us again. I knew it was too much expecting likes of  Parag to be picked but I really thought Abhishek and Rinku would make it. Now we neither have batting nor bowling to challenge any decent team. We suck at every aspect - top order batting, lower order batting/hitting, bowling, fielding etc. There's really nothing to look forward to and if we make it to semis, it would be a miracle. I expect this over the hill "experienced" team filled with TTFs to be kicked to the curb in the super 8 stage.

2 hours ago, putrevus said:

While I understand in India seniors play too long but you cannot blame players for wanting to play.  Selectors are the ones who have to be blamed.

Gambhir other than his purple patch for three or 4 years was never that good .. He did make come back with weird  stance in 2016 only to flop.

Dravid was an excess in Odis way back in 2004 but he still played in 2009 CT.

Srinath and Gavaskar to me were the only guys who walked away while being good.

selectors wings were curtailed by N Srinivasan.

When Mohinder Amarnath pushed the agenda to remove Thala after the 0-8 drubbing...Srini vetoed and threw Mohinder out.

Post that selectors are mere puppets and slaves of the captain. They don't have any credibility left.

8 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

selectors wings were curtailed by N Srinivasan.

When Mohinder Amarnath pushed the agenda to remove Thala after the 0-8 drubbing...Srini vetoed and threw Mohinder out.

Post that selectors are mere puppets and slaves of the captain. They don't have any credibility left.

Dhoni still somehow gets this treatment of being a winner. This bozo costed India multiple titles in all formats.

Dhoni set test team at least two decades back with his lack of guts and his cluelessness.

How many t20 World Cups has he lost, but some morons just don’t realize it .

Captain should have say in the team selection but selectors cannot be puppets.

7 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Looking at the schedule INdia has every chance to fluke into semi final. India just has to have 2 good games

Hats off to you for expecting the usual chokers in Kohli, Rohit, Jadeja, Siraj etc. to win 2 knockouts back-to-back when they've yet to make a difference in even one for more than a decade :hatsoff:

I expect India to bow out at Super 8 stage, where India will replicate RBC's performances in IPL :phehe:

Just now, Ultimate_Game said:

Hats off to you for expecting the usual chokers in Kohli, Rohit, Jadeja, Siraj etc. to win 2 knockouts back-to-back when they've yet to make a difference in even one for more than a decade :hatsoff:

I expect India to bow out at Super 8 stage, where India will replicate RBC's performances in IPL :phehe:

I purely  say this based on how some other teams in world cricket suck just as badly as us lol It wiill be a contest between who sucks less.

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

I purely  say this based on how some other teams in world cricket suck just as badly as us lol It wiill be a contest between who sucks less.

You're under-estimating how much we suck. Our top3 are one of the worst in world cricket in T20s. Rohit can't last a couple of overs, and Kohli the consolidator is only good for a total of 160. It's all on Jaiswal to get us quick starts. And down the order we've Jadeja and the 4 bowlers who can't hold the bat. And we'll come against beast hitters from Aus (Head, Warner, Marsh ), Eng (Buttler, Bairstow, Salt/Hales etc.), SA (DeKock, Markaram, Klassen), NZ (Rachin, Finn Allen, Conway), and WI (the whole lineup is a beast).

The only way we somehow sneak past them is if we get a spin-friendly pitch. If it's a flattish pitch or pace-friendly surface, we may as well pack up and come home.

1 hour ago, Ultimate_Game said:

You're under-estimating how much we suck. Our top3 are one of the worst in world cricket in T20s. Rohit can't last a couple of overs, and Kohli the consolidator is only good for a total of 160. It's all on Jaiswal to get us quick starts. And down the order we've Jadeja and the 4 bowlers who can't hold the bat. And we'll come against beast hitters from Aus (Head, Warner, Marsh ), Eng (Buttler, Bairstow, Salt/Hales etc.), SA (DeKock, Markaram, Klassen), NZ (Rachin, Finn Allen, Conway), and WI (the whole lineup is a beast).

The only way we somehow sneak past them is if we get a spin-friendly pitch. If it's a flattish pitch or pace-friendly surface, we may as well pack up and come home.

BCCI will find some way to get us to SFs (e.g., "arrangements" with WICB), and then the IPL sooperstahs will find a way to get us knocked out

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

BCCI will find some way to get us to SFs (e.g., "arrangements" with WICB), and then the IPL sooperstahs will find a way to get us knocked out

Doesn't work that way. Everyone hates BCCI and Indian cricket with a passion. That's why you see almost all line decisions go against us in 50-50 situations. People may not say it openly but they love to see BCCI and India fail - the reason why India hasn't won anything for more than a decade. If they really wanted, a couple of 50-50 decisions such as in WC 2019 semi or WC 2023 final would've gone in our favor.

It's a myth BCCI and Indian cricket rules world cricket. They don't as BCCI only cares about dollars, and others are happy relegating India to another loss every time they get a chance.

20 hours ago, Ultimate_Game said:

Doesn't work that way. Everyone hates BCCI and Indian cricket with a passion. That's why you see almost all line decisions go against us in 50-50 situations. People may not say it openly but they love to see BCCI and India fail - the reason why India hasn't won anything for more than a decade. If they really wanted, a couple of 50-50 decisions such as in WC 2019 semi or WC 2023 final would've gone in our favor.

It's a myth BCCI and Indian cricket rules world cricket. They don't as BCCI only cares about dollars, and others are happy relegating India to another loss every time they get a chance.

never said BCCI can get us titles - we don't have that kind of clout (yet). but they did do some influencing in bracketing (e.g., ind vs pak), pitches at home (technically, ODI WC pitches should be done by ICC), and so on

I never cared for this circus tournament anyways because of the sheer regularity of it. There were two WT20s in 2009 and 2010. I didn't give a single fukk when we bowed out of them in an embarassing manner not even winning a single super-8 game..

I was mildly interested during the 2016 WT20 because of those memorable wins against Australia and Bangladesh but then that interest went away due to two more consecutive tournaments in 2021 and 2022. 

I will only watch it if we make the semifinals. Not gonna invest too much of time in the earlier games.

1 hour ago, Norman said:

I never cared for this circus tournament anyways because of the sheer regularity of it. There were two WT20s in 2009 and 2010. I didn't give a single fukk when we bowed out of them in an embarassing manner not even winning a single super-8 game..

I was mildly interested during the 2016 WT20 because of those memorable wins against Australia and Bangladesh but then that interest went away due to two more consecutive tournaments in 2021 and 2022. 

I will only watch it if we make the semifinals. Not gonna invest too much of time in the earlier games.

I think the rational decision would be to keep organizing 

1. WC ODI

2. WTC

3. T20 WC

In every four years. Scrap the Champions Trophy as it doesn't serve any purpose

For ex

2023 WC ODI

2024 T20 WC

2025 WTC

2026...break year

2027 onwards cycle repeats.

That will give us some time to come out of losses...and also victories would mean something.

ODI Cricket WC means something as it's held every 4 years...unlike T20 WC which is shoved to us every 2 years.

11 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

I think the rational decision would be to keep organizing 

1. WC ODI

2. WTC

3. T20 WC

In every four years. Scrap the Champions Trophy as it doesn't serve any purpose

For ex

2023 WC ODI

2024 T20 WC

2025 WTC

2026...break year

2027 onwards cycle repeats.

That will give us some time to come out of losses...and also victories would mean something.

ODI Cricket WC means something as it's held every 4 years...unlike T20 WC which is shoved to us every 2 years.

Or you can have the tournaments listed every 3 years.