Are you still looking forward to the T20 WC after the team announcement ?

Posted (edited)

For me, the squad announcement has kind of sucked the charm out of T20 world cup. Same old TTFs have been pushed in and with these we are only going to play the same old timid brand of cricket which is incapable of winning anything.

Thankfully we have Euro cup starting around same time then Olympics. :p:  Will follow Aussie tour and some test cricket before it.

Will still watch Ind games if I get time and support these buggers but the passion and excitement is not going to be anywhere near the ODI world cup where I was following every game of every team or Ind-Eng test series.

Just wanted to know from people here, are you still looking forward to the T20 WC ? 

Edited by Number

I know we wont win. I dont even see us making it to semis this time BUT doesnt mean i wont watch it or stop hoping against hope that we do win it.

At the end of the day everyone on this forum who is so so critical about team, selection, hardik and other individuals etc etc come 9th June all of it will be thrown out the window and absolutely intolerable and obnoxious (to the world) Indian fan will be out 100% behind his team. 

11 hours ago, Bigg Brother said:

Staying up late to watch two oldies tuk-tuking and ruining India's chances for 100th time? No thanks, please. I would better watch young squad taking on Zimbawe rather than these bunch of losers.

I am willing to bet you will stay up late, watch every ball, cheer every hit from both tuk-tuk batsman, cheer every wicket chahal takes and then abuse a few pakistanis 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

To make matters doubly worse

Even Random things look like bringing bad omen with same squad everytime

Bot /pr army everytime tries to diver the attention by bringing these things

Edited by Suhaan
Posted (edited)

In 2021 Indian cricket was basically saved by the BGT, once in a lifetime series that was....both SCG stonewall and Gabba fortress breach happened in 2021. Otherwise media spotlight would have been on our Olympians, the likes of Neeraj Chopra, Sindhu and our hockey team. Even 2021 IPL sucked balls, UAE WC was humiliation, we abandoned the 5th test in Eng for IPL......the emergence of youngsters in Aus made cricket memorable that year.

This year Gukesh has already achieved something remarkable at the age of 17, his world title match against a Chinese in November will get crazy hype and both Modi and Xi Jinping will get involved (like Kissinger and Brezhnev in 1972 match). If we do well in Olympics (imagine Chopra with another gold and hockey medal) and flop in the cricket WC, people are going to ask why we suck in this minor sport played in 4 countries. 

Edited by Gollum
On 5/3/2024 at 5:34 PM, Number said:

Just wanted to know from people here, are you still looking forward to the T20 WC ? 

Nopes,

The squad announcement has really dented my hopes. But I know that I can't resist myself in watching the games.

Thankfully, I will be on vacation just after the Ireland match. Hence would be busy exploring sites rather than watching these washed up losers looking at the camera and making weird faces so that their PR agencies could capture them up and shove it on our SM handles when we are out of the world cup.

6 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Nopes,

The squad announcement has really dented my hopes. But I know that I can't resist myself in watching the games.

Thankfully, I will be on vacation just after the Ireland match. Hence would be busy exploring sites rather than watching these washed up losers looking at the camera and making weird faces so that their PR agencies could capture them up and shove it on our SM handles when we are out of the world cup.

It took Messi his last World Cup to win his first worldcup. I think, with no pitch doctoring( which is why we lost against AUS in 2023) in West Indies possible, with day games ( no due/no variation in conditions), I am expecting ind vs aus final and India winning this time. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

It took Messi his last World Cup to win his first worldcup. I think, with no pitch doctoring( which is why we lost against AUS in 2023) in West Indies possible, with day games ( no due/no variation in conditions), I am expecting ind vs aus final and India winning this time. 

Messi's presence helped the team play better in all aspects and encouraged them. His passes helped others score goals, he didn't hog the ball himself.

Comparing our selfish stat padders who block our youngsters, and play 70 to 80 balls out of 120 together leaving only 40 for rest,  with Messi, is a sin.

Edited by New guy