Why don't Indian youngsters and other players not have as much respect for Kohli as they do for Sachin, dhoni etc?

2 hours ago, Adamant said:

Also to those who worship him please start reading more about him. 

Tendulkar is a womaniser who slept with multiple women post marriage. 

The guy is anything but a saint, he has hugely benefitted from PR and media (and bcci) who always tried to make his image clean for Indian cricket. 

Just check his attendance in Rajya Sabha and you would know how he makes a fool out of Indians

This is something :laugh: The only reason why Tendulkar had a lady is because his wife proposed to him. There are other ways to bag him. You need to follow what velu and I do

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

So much this. Him taking official team picture with Anushka is another use of privilege wrongly or is it wrogn-ly.  Anushka also admonished some car driver and took picture of him throwing trash. If he acts like this, how can he be respected as a great among fans. No wonder youngsters are aware of getting too close with him.

Both him and Anushka are hypocrites, like almost all celebs. They give lectures about environment, crackers etc. but use crackers for their own celebrations, take private plane for travel. I read a report of how private jets emit more CO2 emissions in an hour than an average person in a developed country emits in 3 months. Now think of an average Indian, and how many trips Kohli and his wife make in private planes, the number of hours. They probably cause more emissions than 10 middle class Indian families per year (and 100 times if you consider our poor), just with this travel. Now how many SUVs do they own? Kohli was even washing his car with drinking water in Delhi, and we know how water stressed all our metros are, the declining water table etc. And for drinking he imports some brand of spring water from Europe, I remember seeing those pics, it comes in cartons of 20+ plastic bottles, imagine the plastic pollution per year. 

Celebs can do whatever they wish, fine. But stop acting like saints and talking down to the common man. Very common in film industries, among cricketers Kohli is a repeat offender. He even made a video to explain to Indians how to celebrate Diwali, after public backlash he deleted that video. 

Edited by Gollum

The guy is anything but a saint, he has hugely benefitted from PR and media (and bcci) who always tried to make his image clean for Indian cricket. 

Just check his attendance in Rajya Sabha and you would know how he makes a fool out of Indians

Attendance in Rajya Sabha is a legit issue, he deserves criticism.

But what you wrote in bold is slander. Very slippery slope this, that too just to win an internet argument. 

Well we can't rule out famous celebs having extra marital affairs/one night stands, but how are you so sure about Tendulkar? I am genuinely curious.

The only other place I ever heard about this was that extremely bitchy and unreliable Bollywood Blinds subreddit. 

Also how are you so sure that King Kohli doesn't bang some of his RCB fangirls outside of poor Anushka's knowledge?

2 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Both him and Anushka are hypocrites, like almost all celebs. They give lectures about environment, crackers etc. but use crackers for their own celebrations, take private plane for travel. I read a report of how private jets emit more CO2 emissions in an hour than an average person in a developed country emits in 3 months. Now think of an average Indian, and how many trips Kohli and his wife make in private planes, the number of hours. They probably cause more emissions than 10 middle class Indian families per year (and 100 times if you consider our poor), just with this travel. Now how many SUVs do they own? Kohli was even washing his car with drinking water in Delhi when there was a water crisis over there. And for drinking he imports some brand of spring water from Europe, I remember seeing those pics, it comes in cartons of 20+ plastic bottles, imagine the plastic pollution per year. 

Celebs can do whatever they wish, fine. But stop acting like saints and talking down to the common man. Very common in film industries, among cricketers Kohli is a repeat offender. He even made a video to explain to Indians how to celebrate Diwali, after public backlash he deleted that video. 

Yup. They know the environment bullshit is fake yet they promote it. Celebs take after the politicians and celbs in the west like Gore and Greta who use private planes yet shame others with "how dare you". That plastic bottle thing is :facepalm: Even china won't take plastic bottles anymore. I wonder where our plastic goes to. He missed the peta and the vegan bandwagon. he would be voted 10 for the ultimate douchebag if he did.

1 minute ago, AuxiliA said:

Well we can't rule out famous celebs having extra marital affairs/one night stands, but how are you so sure about Tendulkar? I am genuinely curious.

The only other place I ever heard about this was that extremely bitchy and unreliable Bollywood Blinds subreddit. 

Also how are you so sure that King Kohli doesn't bang some of his RCB fangirls outside of poor Anushka's knowledge?

I'm pretty sure I've heard the same exact words you typed somewhere else. Or is it deja vu? :stoned:

17 minutes ago, Gollum said:

But what you wrote in bold is slander. Very slippery slope this, that too just to win an internet argument. 

Actually he is praising him that he is smooth with the ladies which is far from reality. Midget got lucky

13 hours ago, Adamant said:

Sachin is actually a very business minded cheap guy with zero empathy and no personality. 

People like him are hardly noticed outside of their work. 

For example you must have heard about Sachin using Warnes idea for that legends league and marking it as his own. 

A very despicable guy in real life who masks his villainous character by pretending to be a saint. 

Kohli on the other hand is a big personality who hardly pretends and is an open book, people like him might gain haters because of this but those who actually really know both of them will have more respect for Kohli. 

Thr noughties was an era of pretension for India, Amitabh Bacchan who did c grade sex movies and had affairs outside of marriage started developing his godly image, so did tendulkar. 

Srk is also someone who didn't board this train and will never be as respected as Amitabh who is a ten times worse human being. 

Its all about deluding the Indian janta, which was very easy to do in the noughties with limited internet connectivity and reliance on newspaper. 

Lol at "Kohli hardly pretends". He has a strong PR because of connections of his Bollywood wife but he is as cheap as they come. Search the arrogant show off bazi in net that they did when a person littered on the road . That was not because of some noble intentions 

Sachin is many thing but he is miles away from being a villain. He is actually a saint when compared to Kohli. Yes he could have taken the match fixers in the team by their horn , instead preferred his peers like Ganguly do the dirty job but that does not make him villain rather a soft person off field who does not want to deal with trouble.

3 hours ago, RajBan said:

Lol at "Kohli hardly pretends". He has a strong PR because of connections of his Bollywood wife but he is as cheap as they come. Search the arrogant show off bazi in net that they did when a person littered on the road . That was not because of some noble intentions 

Sachin is many thing but he is miles away from being a villain. He is actually a saint when compared to Kohli. Yes he could have taken the match fixers in the team by their horn , instead preferred his peers like Ganguly do the dirty job but that does not make him villain rather a soft person off field who does not want to deal with trouble.

Have you seen Rohit’s PR it’s huge most protected guy in Indian cricket history 

20 hours ago, New guy said:

You can see youngsters when they talk about dhoni how much respect they have. Even when he was still playing. Similar things was there for Sachin.

Kohli is a huge brand like them. Commentators praise him a lot and hype him. But I don't see the same respect and statements coming from other players and youngsters. Max I see is from some RCB players who are seniors like faf or Maxwell. But other youngsters in the same team and other team players pretend he doesn't even exist when he is supposed to be one of India all time greats in all formata. 

What is different here?

I have a theory but will wait for others replies first. 

Kohli is revered by fans of Pakistan, current cricketers and ex-cricketers of Pakistan alike. I also see huge admiration by Australian cricketers.  Dhoni has better man management skills and limited ability. Kohli by admission of dhoni and lot of cricketers has tremendous talent and once in generational player which is why he comes with lot of ego and arrogance. Compare this to dhoni who appears humble and has a rags to riches narrative, ofcourse winning 2011 worldcup and 2007 t20 helped dhonis image.

Ex chief selector MSK prasad dissected personalities of kohli and dhoni, dhoni was always approachable post game and has an easy to access approach where as Kohli is aloof and more self absorbed which is where an youngster may feel out of reach. 

14 hours ago, Gollum said:

There was me-too moment by a small time actress in Telugu film industry 6 years ago. She revealed in social media, Sachin allegedly slept with a leading Telugu heroine at that time.

3 hours ago, RajBan said:

I am watching cricket since 1996 as 10 year old kid . Sachin lacked an intimidating persona while kohli exudes presence and confidence( albeit bordering on arrogance) 

Search the arrogant show off bazi in net that they did when a person littered on the road . That was not because of some noble intentions 

Felt very odd when I watched this video, over the top/non sensical stuff from kohli

19 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

Kohli has that arrogant bully streak in him which no amount of PR can shake off. Such kind of people are especially disliked by their colleagues and juniors. 

To offset this Kohli needed to win some big trophies as captain to gain respect. But he hasn't, not even in the IPL. 

Similar to Sachin, did he not create some iconic memories like the famous t20 worldcup 2022 against pak, 2016 t20 virtual quarter final against Aus ? 

16 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

Because he is scammer and jealous. Who would forget how he treated any youngster (Batsmen) when he was captain - Pant was almost depressed and it took Kohli taking parental leave for him to blossom. 

unsubstantiated. did he not select both pant and hardik in 2019 World Cup? Pant until 2021 Gabba test did not do anything substantial. Nonetheless, Kohli is more of bowlers captain rather than batters captain.

16 hours ago, New guy said:

Exactly, this was my point. We live in different times now. There were multiple reasons for the superstar cult status which previous stars got. We were a poor country without much self respect. We barely achieved anything in any field, most people were struggling. So people looked for whatever joy they got from different places. Nationalism was huge like it's worth poor countries, anyone doing any good was worshipped. It was also the start of big money coming into cricket and ads etc for cricket stars being new, Sachin benefited a lot from this. 

Dhoni came at the perfect time when such things were leaking, t20 cricket, huge money and the stat of the PR. But he also won world cups and achieved huge things for the country

But both of their support was organic. Sachin particularly was never spared any criticism by anyone, commentators, fans, media. His praise was seldom manufactured. Dhoni's era is where we moved into players having way more power, even capable of getting commentators and selectors sacked. Players become untouchable. However dhoni also had cultivated super star status before he got the power and had genuine emotional connection with audience.

Kohli came afterwards in an era where cricket was business and way more commercialized in every aspects. So he still had fame and power but not as much as the other two. 

And the future generations will never see this. Everything is manufactured, youngsters come to us as brand and PR, there is very less chance to emotionally connect. Someone like pant winning series in Australia would be worshipped even 10-20 years ago. But with IPL etc there are so many young players doing so many things, it's difficult for us to focus on one. Too much cricket, too much fake PR, too much exposure of players before they even do something, too much completion for fame. There is no real emotional connect.

And we live in an era where most people have self respect and are doing better than 90s and 2000s. Over patriotism or reliance on cricket is not needed. There are millions things to entertain us. People don't cry and laught with cricket as much. 

Fame, hype, all can be manufactured but emotional connect cannot be. And too much exposure and fakeness and hype kills emotional connection. We will never see a no name youngster suddenly surprise us and win our heart for ever. What we will see is ready made brands coming in and being hyped. 

Kohli came afterwards in an era where cricket was business and way more commercialized in every aspects.

So he still had fame and power but not as much as the other two. 

He kicked out  Anil kumble and got his preferred coach Ravi Shastri. Similar to corporate parental leave/personal leave, took leave on critical series like AUS and/or recent ENG series. Despite not winning a trophy, endured a disastrous 3 year lull period from 2019-2022(out of form) . Despite not playing t20 for 2 years, forces his way into 2024 t20 World Cup. Openly argues/criticizes with ex-players like Sunil gavaskar/manrekar/gambhir etc symbolizing care-a-damn attitude. 

Ramachandra Guha, rebounded cricket expert, who worked as BCCI administrator (post Srinivasan was ousted from BCCI)   once wrote an article on aura and power of kohli. Sharing some excerpts from the same.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ramachandra-guha-virat-kohli-s-arrogance-helps-his-game-but-not-the-team-1133386

I have met Kohli only once, and am unlikely to ever meet him again. But from our single conversation, and from what I have seen of him otherwise, I would say that of all of India's great sportsmen past and present, he is the most charismatic. He is a man of a manifest intelligence (not merely cricketing) and of absolute self-assurance. Gavaskar and Dravid were as articulate as Kohli in speech, but without his charisma. Kapil and Dhoni had equally strong personalities but lacked Kohli's command of words.

I was witness to the reach and range of Kohli's dominating self in my four months in the BCCI's Committee of Administrators. The board's officials worshipped him even more than the Indian cabinet worships Narendra Modi. They deferred to him absolutely, even in matters like the Future Tours Programme or the management of the National Cricket Academy, which were not within the Indian captain's ken.

In any field in India - whether it be politics or business or academia or sport - when strength of character is combined with solidity of achievement, it leads to an individual's dominance over the institution. And the fact is that, on and off the field, Kohli is truly impressive. No one in the entire history of the game in our country has quite had his combination of cricketing greatness, personal charisma, and this extraordinary drive and ambition to win for himself and his team.

But why was he replaced by someone so strikingly inferior, in character and cricketing achievement, to the team's captain? A person with no coaching experience besides? Only because, like the BCCI, the chairman of the Supreme Court-appointed Committee of Administrators surrendered his liberties and his independence when confronted by the force of Kohli's personality. As did the so-called Cricket Selection Committee. Ravi Shastri was chosen over Tom Moody (and other contenders) because Vinod Rai, Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly and VVS Laxman were intimidated by the Indian captain into subordinating the institution to the individual. The unwisdom of that decision was masked when India played at home, against weak opposition, but it can no longer be concealed.

In Indian cricket today, the selectors, coaching staff and administrators are all pygmies before Kohli. That must change. 

6 minutes ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

Similar to Sachin, did he not create some iconic memories like the famous t20 worldcup 2022 against pak, 2016 t20 virtual quarter final against Aus

Did we win those trophies?

In Sachin's prime (1994-2003) India wasn't a cricket superpower (both in money & talent pool) that it is now. Expectations weren't nearly as high back then as they are now. 

We had our greatest run in the WC'23, but all that is forgotten now due to the loss in final. On the contrary fans still foundly remember our WC 2003 run. 

Also Tendulkar was more attacking(for his era) batter than Kohli and was a decent bowler too. Had more talent than Kohli.

29 minutes ago, mikeypbadana86 said:

There was me-too moment by a small time actress in Telugu film industry 6 years ago. She revealed in social media, Sachin allegedly slept with a leading Telugu heroine at that time.

Many frivolous charges are thrown by small time celebs for publicity. 

Trust me, Sachin is big fish. Had he done 0.1% of what some of these gossip sites blabber about, we wouldn't hear the end of it. 

Tomorrow you and I can claim we saw Kohli molesting a toddler in 2015. Anybody can say anything.