Why the hell are people blaming Dravid ?

Cricketics

vvvs, i perfectly agree Dravid'd Running between the wickets sucked balls today, he was out of place with these young turks around him, but there was a point in the match Both when Gambhir and Dravid, Raina and Dravid wee at the crease, where we looked fairly comfortable in the chase, he held up one end similar to what Malik did earlier in his innings, but unfortunately was run out by Bhajji. O come on man, the running sucked, but his innings would have been more fruitful had he got support from the other lower middle order batsmen.
No Raina and Gambhir played absolute blinders. Still that help was not enough for him. How much help he needs? He batted for 38 overs made a paltry 74 runs. Far too many dot balls. There are days when couple of key players would fail. You have to step up and make it count. Not just play "barely adequate" and leave the rest to others. Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina, Rohit they can play in both modes. That is why we won lot of matches. Even one one-dimensional player can completely affect our gameplan. That is exactly what has been happening.
Dravid played well to an extent but he needed to step on the gas and was unable to do so. That said the Indian tail is useless at both bowling and batting. Leak runs when they bowl and unable to buy a run when they bat. Cant remember the last time the bowlers set up a ODI win.
Only time when they set up win is when India makes 350 plus runs and they contain them to 320 runs.
No Raina and Gambhir played absolute blinders. Still that help was not enough for him. How much help he needs? He batted for 38 overs made a paltry 74 runs. Far too many dot balls. There are days when couple of key players would fail. You have to step up and make it count. Not just play "barely adequate" and leave the rest to others. Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina, Rohit they can play in both modes. That is why we won lot of matches. Even one one-dimensional player can completely affect our gameplan. That is exactly what has been happening.
Dravid chasing and India winning: http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64884.html http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/226359.html http://www.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/239915.html
Tendulkar, Sehwag, Gambhir, Dhoni, Yuvraj, Raina, Rohit they can play in both modes.
Sehwag cant play both modes, Dhoni has lost his big hitting mode and now is the expert accumulator, Rohit dosent seem to play any mode these days, not in ODIs anyway. Raina and Yuvraj are stroke playing middle over batsmen and not so much nudgers and pushers into gaps which is what Dravid is meant to be
Dravid played well to an extent but he needed to step on the gas and was unable to do so.
He was stepping it up by the end, dots were becoming a rarity and he started eyeing for the boundaries. At this time, India still needed 80 runs to win of 90 balls, Bhajji on the crease, vs Pakistan in a Champs Trophy and the only veteran Bat remaining - You really can't get under more pressure than this. Maybe the pressure led to that run out but Bhajji shouldn't have stopped when Dravid was taking the run, he should have sacrifised himself. Rudra still could have done something in Bhajji's place.
vvvs, i perfectly agree Dravid'd Running between the wickets sucked balls today, he was out of place with these young turks around him, but there was a point in the match Both when Gambhir and Dravid, Raina and Dravid wee at the crease, where we looked fairly comfortable in the chase, he held up one end similar to what Malik did earlier in his innings, but unfortunately was run out by Bhajji. O come on man, the running sucked, but his innings would have been more fruitful had he got support from the other lower middle order batsmen.
it actually goes down to the fact that Dravid performed a lot lesser than what was expected of him as one of the senior most players in the team.. just to give you an example, even you also know that if Sachin would have stayed instead of Dravid for all this time then India would have won this match for sure.. Sachin knows to keep up with the RR, running between the wickets and guiding youngsters .. if Dravid plays like Kohli then what is the benefit of 15 years of experience
it actually goes down to the fact that Dravid performed a lot lesser than what was expected of him as one of the senior most players in the team.. just to give you an example' date=' even you also know that if Sachin would have stayed instead of Dravid for all this time then India would have won this match for sure.. Sachin knows to keep up with the RR, running between the wickets and guiding youngsters .. if Dravid plays like Kohli then what is the benefit of 15 years of experience[/quote'] Abey Viru, dont compare Sachin and Dravid yaar, we all know what SRT can do when he stays in for 50 overs, i agree to your point about Dravid's innings being scratchy, but what i can't take is, he being solely blamed for this loss, that wouldnt come unless of course there is a certain bais against him, which a few here have, but the fact was inspite of him being scratchy, he hung out there, we were well placed needing 98 off 90, it was a run a ball, but we lost two wickets, then when we needed 64 off 48 he was run out by Bhaj. Not a Classy Innings by RD, but i wouldnt take this as the reason for the loss and certainly can't take it him being typecaseted as a One Dimensional Batsmen.
Abey Viru, dont compare Sachin and Dravid yaar, we all know what SRT can do when he stays in for 50 overs, i agree to your point about Dravid's innings being scratchy, but what i can't take is, he being solely blamed for this loss, that wouldnt come unless of course there is a certain bais against him, which a few here have, but the fact was inspite of him being scratchy, he hung out there, we were well placed needing 98 off 90, it was a run a ball, but we lost two wickets, then when we needed 64 off 48 he was run out by Bhaj. Not a Classy Innings by RD, but i wouldnt take this as the reason for the loss and certainly can't take it him being typecaseted as a One Dimensional Batsmen.
I am not blaming him solely but if I have to take all the reasons then he is surely one of them.. I believe that the basis of this loss is actually our bowling rather than batting .. it was a great effort to give a tough fight chasing 300+ under lights against a decent opposition bowling ... the match was lost to some extent when we gave away the 300+ runs ... it was a spinners paradise and Bhajji and co. should have capitalized on it.. instead all the bowlers except RP leaked our runs and make it work.. on the other hand Paki spinners went at only 3 RPO and that changed the whole equation .. there are also others like Yusuf, Kohli etc. who are to be blamed but Dravid is also one of the reasons for today's loss though not the only one

Rahul played a good knock,only thing is he should have stayed on till the end n not thrown away his wicket.as Shane said,his running was poor. also i felt,he shouldnt havebeen at 3.we needed some one who could use the powerplays.RD couldnt do that n as a result GG had to do all the scoring

No he didnt, Gambhir didnt make an effort even Id like to see Dravids SR when batting with GG and Raina in partnership- im sure it will be good, better than his innings overall SR. because those partnerships were ticking along nicely- thats what Dravid is there for, , to allow other batters to play their strokes

When Drav had Gambhir and Raina batting with him it was looking good, and that is exactly how he is supposed to play anchor and let other play their shots. Had GG and Raina stayed for about 20 balls more each, well who knows... He wasnt resp for GGs run out, GG didnt even make a proper effort to get back in- although overall there were too many mix ups with his batting partner I agree. The other thing of course is that he HAD to put a bigger price on his own wicket and take less risks as wkts fell at the other end because the likes of YKP and even Bhajj can score a brisk 30, but no one after Raina could HANG in there
see dravid innings is a failure cuz , he batted has no3 and he batted right thru the innings but never was able to change his tempo of innings,unlike malik or yusuf who changed their tempo in later stages of innings and ended up with strike rate of nearly 100 . where as dravid's innings never took off, as premier batsman who is batting a no3 batting , he should have top gear in his arsnal otherwise chasing 300 plus when he is in one end will be always a uphill task becuase he just cant rotate strike nor find boundaries. As someone else pointed he took 103 balls for his 76 which means it put so much pressure on other batsman to go for the leather , chances of them getting out increases. Instead of dravid who was the main batsman who stayed at the crease today if it was gambhir, sachin, raina stayed as long he stayed india would have won.