Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

Rajiv

16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

I tried that once with vikram vedha recently n it ruined the whole experience for me. After that i decided never ever will i watch a hindi dubbed version again as its awfull. 

I just watched it yesterday, awful. Everything loses, no connection to emotion, same dubbing voices delivering flat lines and hurried dialogues to match timing of the scene, mood, acting etc. Ugh!

Plenty of time to watch those long movies postponed for years, if you're the type who needs to finish a film in one sitting. Some titles that one can revisit:

Lawrence of Arabia 

Lord of the rings series

Godfather series

Gone with the wind

Das Boot directors cut

Judgement at Nuremberg

Goodfellas/Irishman 

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

Plenty of time to watch those long movies postponed for years, if you're the type who needs to finish a film in one sitting. Some titles that one can revisit:

Lawrence of Arabia 

Lord of the rings series

Godfather series

Gone with the wind

Das Boot directors cut

Judgement at Nuremberg

Goodfellas/Irishman 

This is a wonderful movie on the Judges' Trial. That was just one of the sixteen trials at Nuremberg.

For anyone interested in Law: its application and morality as a subject (or a hobby); this movie and the book Justice at Nuremberg are a must.

From your list, the only other ones that I've seen are

Godfather: very boring  and cliche ridden. Phillum ma kai pan chale che. Why did that lawyer guy have the horse's head cut off. :confused: 

Gone with the wind: very very very very boring. Did I miss out on a very?

Edited by Mariyam

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Godfather: very boring  and cliche ridden. Phillum ma kai pan chale che. Why did that lawyer guy have the horse's head cut off. :confused: 

Yam is a successful corporate attorney, one of the name partners of a famous law firm in South Mumbai

Gollum is a dreaded don affiliated to Shiv Sena, someone the police fears, someone before whom politicians bend

Gollum has soft corner for vella Velu, who doesn't know anything about law but wants to work in Yam's law firm and take corner office

Gollum sends men to Yam's mansion to recommend Velu's name, Yam looks at his CV, starts laughing and dismisses the intruders

Gollum sends his trusted aide, again same result, Yam disrespects Gollum's power and influence

Aide notices she has the original signed poster of DDLJ in her office and clearly something she adores, nay literally worships

Next day when Yam wakes up she finds torn bits of that DDLJ poster by her side and a note saying 'screw Bollywood, screw SRK'

The point is made :evil:

Gone with the wind: very very very very boring. Did I miss out on a very.

Loved it, epic, Vivien Leigh was one of my earliest crushes. 

Edited by Gollum

28 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Yam is a successful corporate attorney, one of the name partners of a famous law firm in South Mumbai

Gollum is a dreaded don affiliated to Shiv Sena, someone the police fears, someone before whom politicians bend

Gollum has affection for @velu, who doesn't know anything about law but wants to work in Yam's law firm and take corner office

Gollum sends men to Yam's mansion to recommend Velu's name, Yam looks at his CV, starts laughing and dismisses the intruders

Gollum sends his trusted aide, again same result, Yam disrespects Gollum's power and influence

Aide notices she has the original signed poster of DDLJ in her office and clearly something she adores, nay literally worships

Next day when Yam wakes up she finds torn bits of that DDLJ poster by her side and a note saying 'screw Bollywood, screw SRK'

The point is made :evil:

Loved it, epic, Vivien Leigh was one of my earliest crushes. 

I think you are going to regret saying the part in bold. ICF simply won't let you be from now on! 

Yeh comment tumhe jeene nahi dega Gollum, aur ICF tumhe marne nahi dega

I actually have some memorabilia from DDLJ, including a  poster signed by almost the entire crew. That was a good guess. 

And damn I'm so predictable. :(( 

I also have the movie on Blue ray along with the directors cut and the making scenes. Have yet to see all of that.

Call me crazy, but Godfather was just the pioneer of the genre. First movers advantage is all it had. Aside of the novelty of being the first gangster movie and some very over the top acting it doesn't have much going for it. I haven't read the book, but from what I gather, the movie doesn't do justice to the book.

Even that old Don guy (Brando) whose performance everyone goes gaga over, I find very average.

Infact I'd say it was *his* worst performance. I've seen Last Tango in Paris and A Street Car Named Desire. And boy can he act/emote.

Satya is a better and subtler gangster movie.

Edited by Mariyam

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I think you are going to regret saying the part in bold. ICF simply won't let you be from now on! 

Yeh comment tumhe jeene nahi dega Gollum, aur ICF tumhe marne nahi dega

Thanks for the heads-up, edited, hope for normalcy :fear1: 

I actually have some memorabilia from DDLJ, including a  poster signed by almost the entire crew.

I also have the movie on Blue ray along with the directors cut and the making scenes. Have yet to see all of that.

Now I know what to do in case we ever become enemies :yess:

Call me crazy, but Godfather was just the pioneer of the genre. First movers advantage is all it had. Aside of the novelty of being the first gangster movie and some very over the top acting it doesn't have much going for it. I haven't read the book, but from what I gather, the movie doesn't do justice to the book.

Even that old Don guy (Brando) whose performance everyone goes gaga over, I find very average.

Infact I'd say it was *his* worst performance. I've seen Last Tango in Paris and A Street Car Named Desire. And boy can he act/emote.

Satya is a better and subtler gangster movie.

Disagree with you, sure I enjoyed Satya but Godfather I and II were outstanding when talking about that genre.