THE WTF news of the day thread

Gambit

http://news.yahoo.com/kenyan-lawyer-offers-livestock-wed-obamas-daughter-report-150054452.html 7e7d3b157cb7a6bd1b346c3c39b6d2b8b646f8f5.jpg
Nairobi (AFP) - A Kenyan lawyer has offered US president Barack Obama 50 cows and other assorted livestock in exchange for his 16-year old daughter Malia's hand in marriage, a report said Tuesday. Felix Kiprono said he was willing to pay 50 cows, 70 sheep and 30 goats in order to fulfil his dream of marrying the first daughter. "I got interested in her in 2008," Kiprono said, in an interview with The Nairobian newspaper. At that time President Obama was running for office for the first time and Malia was a 10-year-old. "As a matter of fact, I haven't dated anyone since and promise to be faithful to her. I have shared this with my family and they are willing to help me raise the bride price," he said. Kiprono said he intended to put his offer of marriage to Obama and hopes the president will bring his daughter with him when he makes his first presidential visit to Kenya, the country where his father was born, in July. Obama's Kenyan grandmother, who is in her early 90s, still lives in Kogelo, in western Kenya, home to a number of the president's relatives. "I am currently drafting a letter to Obama asking him to please have Malia accompany him for this trip. I hope the embassy will pass the letter to him," he said. Kiprono dismissed the notion he might be a gold-digger. "People might say I am after the family's money, which is not the case. My love is real," he insisted. The young lawyer, whose age was not revealed, said he had already planned his proposal, which would be made on a hill near his rural village, and the wedding at which champagne would be shunned in favour of a traditional sour milk called "mursik". Kiprono said that as a couple he and the young Obama would lead "a simple life". "I will teach Malia how to milk a cow, cook ugali (maize porridge) and prepare mursik like any other Kalenjin woman," he said.

Kenyan lawyer offers flock of cows to wed Obama's daughter...

A Kenyan lawyer has offered Barack Obama a flock of livestock in return for his eldest daughter's hand in marriage. Felix Kiprono revealed to The Nairobian newspaper his plans to put the proposal to Mr Obama in person during the US President's visit to Kenya, which is due to take place in July. He is offering 50 cows, 70 sheep and 30 goats in exchange for Malia&'s hand in marriage. He said: "I am currently drafting a letter to Obama to please have Malia accompany him for this trip," according to Sky News. Mr Kiprono went on to outline the matrimonial bliss he is offering the 16 year old: "I will teach Malia how to milk, cook ugali (porridge) and prepare mursik (traditional sour milk) like any other Kalenjin woman." He explains that his love for Malia began during her father's presidential campaign in 2008 and he has been saving himself for her ever since. He explained to the newspaper: "I got interested in her in 2008. As a matter of fact, I haven't dated anyone since and promise to be faithful to her." Mr Kiprono has dismissed any suggestion that his love interest might be financially motivated, "People might say I am after the family's money, which is not the case." Mr Obama is due to visit Kenya- the country of his father’s birth- in July to attend a global entrepreneurship summit. It will be his fourth visit to the country and his first trip to Kenya since his election as President. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kenyan-lawyer-offers-flock-of-cows-to-wed-obamas-daughter-10280442.html
:hysterical:

Gay man forced to have sex with his MOTHER A gay man was forced to have sex with his mother while lesbians are being raped by their cousins to 'cure' their homosexuality, according to a gay rights groups in India. 'Corrective rapes' are said to be carried out by the victim's own family members in a desperate bid for 'straight' children. The parents will arrange the rape and handpick a relative - usually a cousin - to carry out the heinous act, claim the crisis intervention team of LGBT Collective in Telangana, southern India. Rape is a major issue in India with attacks resulting in a number of street protests with many calling for more protection But in one shocking case, there were reports of family members in Bangalore forcing a gay boy to have sex with his mother to 'cure' him. In another, a young lesbian was raped by her cousin, while there are further reports that sometimes victims' own brothers are used to carry out the 'corrective rape.' The horrific crimes are so traumatising for their victims, they often go unreported, a spokesman for the LGBT Collective told Times of India. The group say they have had at least 15 'corrective rapes' reported to them in the last five years. 'We are sure there are many more cases, but they go unreported, says Vyjayanti Mogli, a member of crisis intervention. 'We came across such cases not because they reported the rape, but because they sought help to flee their homes.' 'It's usually a cousin who's roped in for this 'project'. Mr Mogli added that in many cases in southern India, a girl may have been promised to one of her cousins at birth so it is her betrothed that is brought in to carry out the 'corrective rape.' 'If it is found out that she is in a relationship with another girl, elders in the family believe having sex with the 'would-be', even if it's forcibly, will cure her,' he told Times of India. Anti-rape protests take place as official statistics say about 25,000 rapes are committed every year in India, a nation of 1.2 billion people India's Supreme Court reimposed a ban on gay sex in late 2013, ruling that responsibility for changing the 1861 law rested with lawmakers and not judges. Gay sex had been effectively legalised in 2009 when the Delhi High Court ruled that banning 'carnal intercourse against the order of nature' was a violation of fundamental rights. Anyone found breaking the laws can face up to ten years in jail. Members of the gay community have filed petitions to the top court since the 2013 ruling asking for a review on criminalising gay sex. Campaigners say the law is rarely used to prosecute homosexual acts, but add that police do use it to harass and blackmail members of their already marginalised community. In January this year, Indian state minister Ramesh Tawadkar sparked fury when he announced plans to open treatment centres for the LGBT community to 'make them normal', comparing homosexuals to alcoholics. Surveys show broad disapproval of homosexuality in India, forcing many gay men and women to live double lives. Hindu hardliners have often called same-sex relationships a disease and a Western cultural import. Hyderabadi filmmaker Deepthi Tadanki's upcoming film, Satyavati, is one of the first to tackle the use of 'corrective rape' to 'cure' homosexuality. The film is based on real-life stories including the case of the young gay man being forced to have sex with his mother. The victim refused to talk about the experience. He said: 'Many rapes go unreported in India, and it will take years before something like corrective rape even gets talked about. That's why I wanted to tell this story.' Rape remains a major issue in India with a number of high-profile cases sparking international calls for more action. Official statistics say about 25,000 rapes are committed every year in India, a nation of 1.2 billion people Public protests after the fatal gang rape of a woman on a Delhi bus in December 2012 jolted many in the world's second most populous country out of apathy and forced the government to enact stiffer penalties on gender crimes. Since then, voracious reporting by the media, campaigns by the government and programmes by civil society groups have brought greater public awareness of women's rights and emboldened more victims to come forward and register abuses. In 2013 Indian authorities received 309,546 reports of crimes against women, a 26.7 per cent jump from 2012, according to the National Crime Records Bureau. But in many small towns and villages, most cases still go unreported due to the shame and stigma attached to rape in these conservative societies, where the victim is often blamed. In some villages, local councils act as de facto courts, often ordering rape to punish women. In January 2014, a 20-year-old woman in West Bengal state was gang-raped by 13 men on the orders of a village court as punishment for having a relationship with a man from a different community. While in March this year, a 74-year-old nun was gang raped by six men at the Convent of Jesus and Mary School in West Bengal state's Nadia district. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3105502/Gay-man-forced-sex-MOTHER-lesbians-raped-brothers-cure-homosexual-shocking-trend-Indian-families-desperate-straight-children.html

I dont know if this is the right thread to post this but this is a truly :WTF: news for me :rofl:TV actor robbed by Nigerian lottery scheme I mean , How the hell can people fall prey to Nigerian lottery scam in 2015? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The LOL-worthy part is right in the article .
The actor did not get suspicious even when he was asked to pay more than Rs 4 lakh to get an ‘anti-terrorism certificate by the United Nations’, declaring that the money will not be used for terrorism activates.
:laugh: