Is Ashwin the genuine all rounder we are looking for?

There is no doubt of Ashwin's talent with the ball and bat, he needs to improve his fitness and figure out what will work in conditions, primarily an off spinner has to flight the ball and bowl 2 or 1 stump outside off, rather then starting on the middle stump this way the finger flick and the ocassional short delivery can be covered more also he will be more economical and get more wickets.

Then he would be greatest bowler of India.
Yes, I believe he does have the ability. But yeah still long way to go for him. For me Kumble would still be the greatest for 600+ wickets... Avg. is not a true indicator here as its not easy for wrist spinners to have good control so they go for more runs.
Yes, I believe he does have the ability. But yeah still long way to go for him. For me Kumble would still be the greatest for 600+ wickets... Avg. is not a true indicator here as its not easy for wrist spinners to have good control so they go for more runs.
Although it's difficult for leggies to control run-flow, but they get more wickets also and that too in any condition. Only offie who has been able to perform everywhere in the world is Murali. So avg isn't bad indicator for them while comparing with other spinners. I doubt that Ashwin has ability to perform outside sub-continent to have an avg of 26. Kumble and Kapil will remain greatest bowlers of India.