Delhi Gangrape | Four accused sentenced to death

Tiger80

they should just stone that defense lawyer.... shameless aahole..
Yea' date=' we can also burn down the courts while we are at it. Everything can be decided on twitter and sentencing carried out by the mob.[/quote'] ok i stand corrected. your response seems appropriate

Meanwhile, in Chandigarh India

akshayKGT: @Harry_Sadana @fakingnews bhai ladko ko patane ke liye shorts pahnti h etc. WESTERN dresses isse ladke attract ho jate h aur... akshayKGT: @ashutosh_jain @Ace_Of_Pace yaar I also thinking about it akash but ab toh kuch nhi ho sakta par aap chahe toh mera MURDER Kar sakte h akshayKGT: @KrackyJacky bro woh toh hmari govt ki galti h agar hmare desh mein paid sex allow hota toh itne rape nhi hote akshayKGT: @H_two_flO @fakingnews sale bhadwe woh apne bf ke sath bethkar bus mein enjoy kar rhi thi toh agar unke sath bhi kar leti toh sirf rape hota

That lawyer doing all sorts of theatrics protesting against the verdict. Don't be surprised if he finds himself at the Big Boss house.
Even by the 'exalted' standards , both in terms of morality (read lack of) and acumen (again, lack of), that public prosecutors set for the rest of us, this guy is an 'exceptional' stand out.

>>>>Let's see if they can stop rapes in Delhi with this verdict.Why don't people first control their daughters?,”says Defence lawyer AP Singh. I'd burn my daughter alive if she was having pre-marital sex,roaming around with her boyfriend at night, Def lawyer AP Singh #JusticeForJyoti One can only imagine how women are treated in this bastard's house.

I think I read somewhere that the Judge said that he handed down the death penalty to ‘send a message to the Indian society that violence against women is unacceptable..’ (or something along those lines). I am not sure I fully agree with that. The verdict should be based purely on the individual merits/demerits of the case. Judicial verdicts are not meant to act as warning shots to the society. If I committed a crime, I should be judged purely of existing law and previous precedent. Having said, today’s verdict is without a doubt an extremely poignant moment for all of those who are concerned with the state of women in India. To even imagine what the girl went thru in that harrowing hour when she was brutally raped, tortured and left to die and the subsequent ordeals of her family is mind-numbing. I am sure every civilized citizen of the world is feeling a little better today, knowing that justice has been served.

I think I read somewhere that the Judge said that he handed down the death penalty to ‘send a message to the Indian society that violence against women is unacceptable..’ (or something along those lines). I am not sure I fully agree with that. The verdict should be based purely on the individual merits/demerits of the case. Judicial verdicts are not meant to act as warning shots to the society. If I committed a crime, I should be judged purely of existing law and previous precedent. Having said, today’s verdict is without a doubt an extremely poignant moment for all of those who are concerned with the state of women in India. To even imagine what the girl went thru in that harrowing hour when she was brutally raped, tortured and left to die and the subsequent ordeals of her family is mind-numbing. I am sure every civilized citizen of the world is feeling a little better today, knowing that justice has been served.
agree with that, the bus driver should not have been given a death sentence if he did not touch her. judge was a damn fool.

I think I read somewhere that the Judge said that he handed down the death penalty to ‘send a message to the Indian society that violence against women is unacceptable..’ (or something along those lines). I am not sure I fully agree with that. The verdict should be based purely on the individual merits/demerits of the case. Judicial verdicts are not meant to act as warning shots to the society. If I committed a crime, I should be judged purely of existing law and previous precedent.
There are many previous precedents, where a rape + murder (even if not premeditated) has warranted a death sentence. I can recall a recent sentencing to death of a call centre driver and his accomplice who raped and murdered an employee and dumped her body in the outskirts of Pune city. So the judge was definitely acting within the set precedents. The thing is that case has been an eye opener to the average person on the street. The brazenness and brutality, have resulted in this getting a lot of (necessary) coverage. Hence, this judgement can further be used as a precedent. In the sense, a precedent that is well known to every one simply due to the coverage that the case has managed to garner.

funny comment from times of india

Dont get too happy. They've filed appeal in High Court. If High court doesn't commute it - it will go to supreme court. If that doesn't commute it - it goes to our president - if He/She isn't a crackpot like Pratibha Patil at the time and doesn't commute it to life - THEN these scum hang!! By that time - you'll probably have died by old age!! "Jai Ho"?

There are many previous precedents' date=' where a rape + murder (even if not premeditated) has warranted a death sentence. I can recall a recent sentencing to death of a call centre driver and his accomplice who raped and murdered an employee and dumped her body in the outskirts of Pune city. So the judge was definitely acting within the set precedents. The thing is that case has been an eye opener to the average person on the street. The brazenness and brutality, have resulted in this getting a lot of (necessary) coverage. Hence, this judgement can further be used as a precedent. In the sense, a precedent that is well known to every one simply due to the coverage that the case has managed to garner.[/quote'] +1

>>>>Let's see if they can stop rapes in Delhi with this verdict.Why don't people first control their daughters?,”says Defence lawyer AP Singh. I'd burn my daughter alive if she was having pre-marital sex,roaming around with her boyfriend at night, Def lawyer AP Singh #JusticeForJyoti One can only imagine how women are treated in this bastard's house.
Shouldnt he be arrested for saying something as ridiculous as that

There are many previous precedents' date=' where a rape + murder (even if not premeditated) has warranted a death sentence. I can recall a recent sentencing to death of a call centre driver and his accomplice who raped and murdered an employee and dumped her body in the outskirts of Pune city. So the judge was definitely acting within the set precedents. The thing is that case has been an eye opener to the average person on the street. The brazenness and brutality, have resulted in this getting a lot of (necessary) coverage. Hence, this judgement can further be used as a precedent. In the sense, a precedent that is well known to every one simply due to the coverage that the case has managed to garner.[/quote'] I perfectly understand what you are saying, but I think the question on every person who even remotely cares for civil liberties is this – Did the judge hand the verdicts purely on the basis of the prosecution and evidence (or) did he succumb to the overwhelming public pressure to hand down the death penalty? Surely, the worldwide attention and palpable anger within the Indian society would have weighed heavily on his mind.

Shouldnt he be arrested for saying something as ridiculous as that
Isn't he thinking like the rapists? If i remember right, a couple of the rapists wanted to punish the two for roaming around late at night. This was there in quite a few articles. I wonder if he actually thinks like that or is he trying to appeal to some part of population which he believes will be sympathetic to his way of reasoning. If he is trying to appeal to the regressive parts of Indian society, then he is plain incompetent for this case is too brutal and far too much in the public eye for any such appeals to work. It will backfire and end up looking like he is as bad as the rapists.

The juvenile one is the most heinous and sadistic out of all these guys and he got away scot free....3 yrs in a juvenile home...what a joke...someone should hack into the system and release his name and pic so people can shove things up his *****hole and pull his guts out. Also read somewhere....mother of one of the accused begged for a second chance...2nd chance? Are feckin kidding me? This is no petty larceny ...what is up with these mothers defending these bastards? The photo journalist rape case had a similar scenario. Mother protecting one of the rapists knowing fully well what he has done.

Following news is relevant regarding effects of this case on underreporting and on bad police behavior -

The number of reported cases which stands at 1,121, till August 31 this year, is more than double than last year's figure of 468 in the same period. As per data of National Crime Record Bureau (NCRB), in 2011, the numbers of registered rape cases were 572, while 507 rape cases were reported in 2010. The figure stood at 469 in 2009. In 2008, the figure was 466, while in 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001 the figures were 598, 623, 658, 551, 490, 403 and 381 respectively.
http://m.indianexpress.com/news/delhi-records-1121-rape-cases-in-8-months-highest-in-13-yrs/1167829/