Are there any foods you hated that you now like? And vice versa?

Brainfade

For those calling Sitaphal as custard apple. Interesting to hear that. In north India, Sitaphal is basically referred as pumpkin. I guess in south or gujarat region they call it Custard apple. We always referred Pumpkin as sitaphal. It's only popular during Navratras when it's made during when people are fasting.
But Pumpkins are these, how can sitaphals be called pumpkins? pumpkins2.jpg

Hmm ok.. Used to hate a lot of stuff like Snale, Mashroom, Dried fish, Frog, Seaweed, Squid, Clams, Oysters, Mussels, Crab, Ham, Sausage, Pumpkin, Corn, Cofee etc etc. Got no problem with any now. Now I normally dont prefer (not hate them) any lentils, bean, ghee, potato, tomato, celery, Ricotta cheese, chic peas, chiken, duck, spinach, cabbage, capsicum, malai, gherkin, green mango, pani puri, olive, methi, instant noodles, egg.

I hate Mangoes now. Used to crave for them when I was a kid. @King_Khan Where did you have snales?
Few places actually, I can recall Singapore, Agartala, Darwin, Rangamati. Its quite delicious. Just have to keep keen concern if they cleaned it properly or not. If its dirty you will feel it on first bite.

Few places actually' date=' I can recall Singapore, Agartala, Darwin, Rangamati. Its quite delicious. Just have to keep keen concern if they cleaned it properly or not. If its dirty you will feel it on first bite.[/quote'] Sound gross :--D but I would love to try it.

For those calling Sitaphal as custard apple. Interesting to hear that. In north India, Sitaphal is basically referred as pumpkin. I guess in south or gujarat region they call it Custard apple. We always referred Pumpkin as sitaphal. It's only popular during Navratras when it's made during when people are fasting.
Yeah, all call sitaphal kaddu here but actually Sitaphal is Shareefa (sugar apple) and it has nothing to do with Sita. It is derived from Sanskrit. Shitah-phal means cold+fruit.

You call Sitaphal as pumpkin, pumpkin as sitaphal. According to you, are pumkin and sitaphal one ans the same thing???? :blink:

You call Sitaphal as pumpkin' date=' pumpkin as sitaphal. According to you, are pumkin and sitaphal one ans the same thing???? :blink:[/quote'] @mytwocents and other bhai logo. I didn't come up with it. I am just letting you know what vast amount of people in India refer to it as. You google search it and you will come to know how many think pumpkin is sitaphal.

@mytwocents and other bhai logo. I didn't come up with it. I am just letting you know what vast amount of people in India refer to it as. You google search it and you will come to know how many think pumpkin is sitaphal.
Alright, so Northies call pumpkin as Sitaphal/kaddu (depending on where they are from)? In Hyderabad, we call Custard apples (apparently they are sugar apples, custard apples is a broader term) as Sitaphal. There is even a place called as Sitaphalmandi here which roughly translates to Market place for Custard Apples. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitaphalmandi

Yeah' date=' all call sitaphal kaddu here but actually Sitaphal is Shareefa (sugar apple) and [b']it has nothing to do with Sita. It is derived from Sanskrit. Shitah-phal means cold+fruit.
Thats because in South, there is also a Ram phal.. much more grainy than the sitaphal