India tour of New Zealand 2014

fineleg

India tour of New Zealand 2014  

1. 1.

• Yes. Dhoni had enough to him. Time to DUMP now.
    • No Way.

This torture will end when BCCI starts looking inwards instead of bullying every Tom, Dick, and Harry. There hasn't been an iota of concern from BCCI on India's dismal overseas performance. This will turn into a 4th consecutive disastrous tour unless couple of players suddenly turn into supermen. Cricket is India is no longer an obsession. It's treated as a form of entertainment. It competes with Saash-Bahu serials, Comedy Nights with Over-rated comedians, and assembly line of crap movies from Khans. The only thing that matters to lot of stakeholders in Indian cricket is money. Everything will be forgotten when IPL starts. Can anyone guarantee England will not whitewash India again if things continue to stay the way they are?

What we know: Dhoni WILL NOT WANT TO PLAY 4 PACERS. We at ICF can do nothing about this. BUT... Binny coming in might be the best we have right now. Binny comes in for ashwin. Hope he has some decent pace but ive seen him at 120-130, might pick a wicket or two we'll have to see. The guy can hit some boundaries and clear the fence. Not a big six hitter but a hitter nonetheless. Hopefully smacks around some NZ bowlers, i'd play him at 7, jadeja at 8 then 3 pacers. Rayudu HAS TO COME IN though. Need the top 5-6 to be proper batsmen who can all score. Dhawan, Rahane, Kohli, Rayudu, Dhoni, Raina, Binny, Jadeja, Kumar, Aaron, Shami If rohit has to stay, then raina goes. If raina stays, him and Jadeja offer spin 3 pacers w binny's medium pace, take some mid order wickets after pacers have weakened nz lineup hopefully. Then you have 6 batsmen too w binny and jadeja offering something. I reckon jadeja will improve quickly with batting. Also: I would consider bringing mishra in for jadeja or binny if needed. Hope we win the series!

This torture will end when BCCI starts looking inwards instead of bullying every Tom, Dick, and Harry. There hasn't been an iota of concern from BCCI on India's dismal overseas performance. This will turn into a 4th consecutive disastrous tour unless couple of players suddenly turn into supermen. Cricket is India is no longer an obsession. It's treated as a form of entertainment. It competes with Saash-Bahu serials, Comedy Nights with Over-rated comedians, and assembly line of crap movies from Khans. The only thing that matters to lot of stakeholders in Indian cricket is money. Everything will be forgotten when IPL starts. Can anyone guarantee England will not whitewash India again if things continue to stay the way they are?
Er thats how every sport should be treated.Sports are for entertainment just like cinema

Happy to play Binny for the remaining ODIs ahead of Ashwin. From his IPL finishing role for the Royal's he didn't look like a slogger at all. He was playing good clean shots over cover and down the ground. Where has the slogger tag come from? Bowling wise okay he is not going to threaten much but 5/6 economical overs would help the team greatly.

Happy to play Binny for the remaining ODIs ahead of Ashwin. From his IPL finishing role for the Royal's he didn't look like a slogger at all. He was playing good clean shots over cover and down the ground. Where has the slogger tag come from? Bowling wise okay he is not going to threaten much but 5/6 economical overs would help the team greatly.
:((
Sir ka apmaan :omg:
Sir Ravindra Jadeja threatens to give up knighthood after cricket fan nets Rs 52 Lakhs for one catch! Please note this is a humour article — work of pure fiction By Abhijit Banare If the heartburn over the consecutive losses against New Zealand was not enough, Ishant Sharma has further added salt to the wounds of a few Indian players. Ishant who is very ‘philanthropic’ in donating runs when bowling, saw Corey Anderson clobber him for a six which a cricket fan [Jatinder Singh] among the spectators caught and made himself richer by Rs 52 lakhs. This act of generosity has not just angered the fans but the Grade B players under the contract of BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India). Players under this contract receive 50 lakhs after slogging it out for an entire year. Cheteshwar Pujara, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay are some of the players in Grade B contract. “We have been roaming around the world an entire year and then have to deal with Ishant in the team. Things get worse sometimes when even Ashoke Dinda and Ashish Nehra are part of the team. Despite all hurdles we play with a focused mind and just get 50 lakhs, and this chap getting 52 for virtually nothing. This is unfair,” said a player who obviously did not want to be identified. However, Suresh Raina defended Jatinder securing a bounty for the catch. “I have taken just two catches in this series and get one crore for doing nothing, so there’s no harm if someone gets 52 lakhs for a catch. It almost the same,” said Raina who is under Grade A contract of the BCCI. “Bloody hell, I sometimes stand at cover and extra-cover and attempt to catch those bullets hit by batsmen and dive around plucking catches from nowhere and I don’t get anything. Instead, I get abused by fans,” grumbled Rohit who rued missing out on earning a few installments during the Indian Premier League for Karbon Kamaal catches. Some of the players even came up with the idea of wearing the orange shirt and stepping out on field and take one hand catches as well. Tui Beer has welcomed this move as a free branding exercise and ridiculed the Indian brands for shelling out crores on these players. After witnessing all these drama, the BCCI accepted the demand saying, “India is soon going to be a super powerhouse to rule the entire cricket world and we can’t afford to spoil things. We’ll pay additional fees to these players during IPL auctions. However, sources within the team say that the board would not have relented if a certain player named Sir Ravindra Jadeja had not threatened to give up his knighthood and go on a dharna in support of the disgruntled lot. ‘Sir’, as he is referred by N Srinivasan, is also part of the Grade B contract. Sir threatened to cut down the salaries of the board members and warned he won’t even play the IPL. For once, Srinivasan got scared of someone and ordered the treasurer to release more funds for these unhappy players. (Abhijit Banare is a reporter at CricketCountry. He is an avid quizzer and loves to analyse and dig out interesting facts which allows him to learn something new every day. Apart from cricket he also likes to keep a sharp eye on Indian politics, and can be followed on Twitter and blog) http://www.cricketcountry.com/articles/sir-ravindra-jadeja-threatens-to-give-up-knighthood-after-cricket-fan-nets-rs-52-lakhs-for-one-catch-88637

We are confident of winning: Bhuvneshwar Kumar http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/india-in-new-zealand-2014/top-stories/We-are-confident-of-winning-Bhuvneshwar-Kumar/articleshow/29290608.cms India medium pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar on Friday said that his team was completely focussed ahead of its do-or-die match against New Zealand and confident of reversing the 0-2 deficit in the five-ODI series. "There is no extra-ordinary pressure on us. We are confident of doing well. To win this match, we just need to be focussed on the game. We are not overconfident about winning, just confident enough," he said. "If we can win tomorrow, it will lift us enough to even win three matches in a row and win the series," he added. The visitors lost the first two ODIs -- at Napier by 24 runs and at Hamilton by 15 runs (D/L method) -- to go down 0-2 in a five-match series. New Zealand have batted well in this series so far, with their in-form line-up not giving away many wickets in the middle overs. It has allowed their lower-order batsmen, particularly Corey Anderson, to make a late surge in the death overs. "The middle overs are not a weakness. New Zealand have just played better cricket than us. We have just been focussing on keeping the run-rate down and we haven't been able to get wickets. We need to keep working on that," said Bhuvneshwar. Asked to pick their opposition's most dangerous batsman, he replied, "There is no one name that we are concentrating on. Their whole batting line-up is in form at the moment. Jesse Ryder, Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor...they are all in good touch. The aim is to get them all out, and not just focus on one player. "Obviously we do need to get Anderson early. He has given them good scores in the last two matches, so we need to get him out cheaply to keep the scoring down," he added. It has been a whirlwind first year in international cricket for Bhuvneshwar, with varied experiences at home and then on overseas tours, especially in England, South Africa and New Zealand. The medium-pacer acknowledged his learning experience. "As a fast bowler, it is a good experience for me because the ball does a bit here. There is not much swing, but quite a bit of bounce. All of this helps me. Also, I expected the conditions to be more windy. Since the conditions are suitable for bowlers, I keep it simple or try to. There is no point making things complicated," he said. Asked which area of his bowling he has worked hard on, Bhuvneshwar said, "I have tried to improve on my death bowling. Before the Australia series in India, we had a two-month break and I focussed on that aspect. I have tried to bowl yorkers in the end overs. If you bowl well early in the innings, it is also important to finish well."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournament/india-in-new-zealand-2014/top-stories/We-are-confident-of-winning-Bhuvneshwar-Kumar/articleshow/29290608.cms India medium pacer Bhuvneshwar Kumar on Friday said that his team was completely focussed ahead of its do-or-die match against New Zealand and confident of reversing the 0-2 deficit in the five-ODI series. "There is no extra-ordinary pressure on us. We are confident of doing well. To win this match, we just need to be focussed on the game. We are not overconfident about winning, just confident enough," he said. "If we can win tomorrow, it will lift us enough to even win three matches in a row and win the series," he added. The visitors lost the first two ODIs -- at Napier by 24 runs and at Hamilton by 15 runs (D/L method) -- to go down 0-2 in a five-match series. New Zealand have batted well in this series so far, with their in-form line-up not giving away many wickets in the middle overs. It has allowed their lower-order batsmen, particularly Corey Anderson, to make a late surge in the death overs. "The middle overs are not a weakness. New Zealand have just played better cricket than us. We have just been focussing on keeping the run-rate down and we haven't been able to get wickets. We need to keep working on that," said Bhuvneshwar. Asked to pick their opposition's most dangerous batsman, he replied, "There is no one name that we are concentrating on. Their whole batting line-up is in form at the moment. Jesse Ryder, Martin Guptill, Kane Williamson, Ross Taylor...they are all in good touch. The aim is to get them all out, and not just focus on one player. "Obviously we do need to get Anderson early. He has given them good scores in the last two matches, so we need to get him out cheaply to keep the scoring down," he added. It has been a whirlwind first year in international cricket for Bhuvneshwar, with varied experiences at home and then on overseas tours, especially in England, South Africa and New Zealand. The medium-pacer acknowledged his learning experience. "As a fast bowler, it is a good experience for me because the ball does a bit here. There is not much swing, but quite a bit of bounce. All of this helps me. Also, I expected the conditions to be more windy. Since the conditions are suitable for bowlers, I keep it simple or try to. There is no point making things complicated," he said. Asked which area of his bowling he has worked hard on, Bhuvneshwar said, "I have tried to improve on my death bowling. Before the Australia series in India, we had a two-month break and I focussed on that aspect. I have tried to bowl yorkers in the end overs. If you bowl well early in the innings, it is also important to finish well."
Bhuvneshwar is himself admitting that they are trying to contain batsmen. They are not trying to pick wickets. Why doesn't Dhoni understand that if they don't try to pick wickets, then batsmen will blast them in last 15-20 overs. Because of this Ultra-defensive strategy of Dhoni, we are chasing 300 every single match. In last 2 matches, Bhuvneshwar really bowled well in death overs. This is what Guys like Ishant and Ashwin need to understand. Despite being miles better than Ishant and Ashwin, these youngsters are still trying to improve every aspect of their bowling. While both Ishant and Ashwin are taking their playing spot for granted. After performing so badly, they still have guts to say that their is nothing wrong with bowling. Blah blah blah....
Bhuvneshwar is himself admitting that they are trying to contain batsmen. They are not trying to pick wickets. Why doesn't Dhoni understand that if they don't try to pick wickets' date=' then batsmen will blast them in last 15-20 overs. Because of this Ultra-defensive strategy of Dhoni, we are chasing 300 every single match.[/color'] In last 2 matches, Bhuvneshwar really bowled well in death overs. This is what Guys like Ishant and Ashwin need to understand. Despite being miles better than Ishant and Ashwin, these youngsters are still trying to improve every aspect of their bowling. While both Ishant and Ashwin are taking their playing spot for granted. After performing so badly, they still have guts to say that their is nothing wrong with bowling. Blah blah blah....
He said not going for runs at end He did not say he is focusing on containing batsmen at start