India tour of New Zealand 2014

fineleg

India tour of New Zealand 2014  

1. 1.

• Yes. Dhoni had enough to him. Time to DUMP now.
    • No Way.

Aftermathsof 0-2 loss in saf and being 0-2 behind in NZ Only following players remain certain to be picked for next ODI series which we will be playing. Kohli Dhoni Jadeja Bhuneshwar Shami Ashwin I don't see any other player who is confirmed that he will be playing. This goes on to show that there will be lot of slots open from game 4th to the next series. All Dhawan, Rohit, Rahane, Raina, Aaron will have to prove in next couple of games if they can handle the pressure. Our batting order, especially the top and middle order can look totally different in next series if these guys continue to fail.

Why Aaron is getting judged after one match?
I am not judging, I am just saying he isn't sure shot for next series. I will give him a run if I am the captain or selector, but if he fails in next 2, he can be easily dropped by the selectors. I am not sharing my view point on who should be picked or not, I am just stating some facts that these guys have been the only players who have some credible stats to be picked or not dropped for the next series. Jadeja/Ashwin might not have been great like others in bowling, but their batting will easilly give them another series.

Be patient. We are in the middle of a transition. We are slowly identifying who is hack who is the real deal. CT was good and all. But we cannot extrapolate those results in future and expect the same outcome everywhere. Whatever that happened in India shoudl be taken with a pinch of salt. It didn't exactly help us to start a tour straightaway without even practice match. Some guys are dead slow in adapting to the conditions. By the time they do series would be over.

It's not Kannada , its temil...:giggle: Velu is die hard CSK fan , he was beaten in Chinnaswamy stadium because he is loudly shouting against RCB players during a match, so a old lady irritated by loud noise and beer smell slapped him using a old umbrella...he even put the photo in Facebook last year :haha:

No...this is what you call the result of sleeping with dogs... 1.NZC joins hands with BCCI 2.Hapless indian players find it difficult to win a match on their own. 3.BCCI flexes its muscles. 4.In the mid way of the series decider NZ players suddenly start dropping easy catches,missing regulation stumpings,run outs. 5.India "miraculously" saves the match and keep the series alive.. Feel bad for for the common NZ cricket fan.They'd be thinking they just saw a great cricket match...Hopefully they'll understand the reality after a few more of these "miracles",just the way us SL fans did when SL "lost" the WC to IND...
still cant forget guptil's catch of ashwin....one of the most memorable of series....if it was fixed he too could have given 6er to fatwin like bhuvi gave to southee
Ashwin at 6 will put a lot of pressure on him. Let him come at 7 and try to better his bowling.
Ashwin at 7 makes sense.
Issue with him at 7 is that it means we are employing two spinners and 3 pacers if jadeja plays. That limits the option of using a seam all rounder. Jadeja is a better bowler on current form and played an equally awesome knock to save the match and took wickets. If Ashwin is to stay in the team, it should be as a batsman or out because we should try out other spinners. Its his batting that has saved him.

We need a seamer all rounder(4th seamer) and need to attack more with seamers in these conditions. The spinners could bowl well on a few occasions but they will generally struggle to pick wickets and stop runs. I don't mind having Ashwin and Jadeja in the lineup as they are both good lower order hitters. If Raina can be replaced with Binny or Rishi Dhawan who are also capable of slogging 30 runs off 25 balls in death and bowl seam up, we will have much better bowling options in Aus/NZ.