Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

24 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Prasidh, Siraj and Bumrah. All three of them can be consistent wicket taking threat. No easy bowler batsmen can target without risking their wicket.. Add Axar and Sundar and suddenly India have an attack that is varied enough to succeed in all conditions.

No 6th bowler nonsense and the safety of imaginary cushion needed.

12 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And groom Avesh, Kartik and Umran as backups alongside these three. Then there is Khaleel, Yash Dayal, Mavi as well.

I have always thought that India's biggest impediment to becoming a cricket superpower is the steady stream of shorter medium pacers who keep coming in.

Bumrah

Prasidh

Siraj 

Shami

Tyagi

Umran

Saini

Avesh

With proper fast bowlers like these, how do the trundlers keep coming in !!

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I agree.

I have always thought that Pant has got good finishing skills.

And removing Rahul OR Pant from the middle order is not a good idea.

Get in a new dashing opener like Shaw or Kishan.

Shaw's only purpose to arrive on planet Earth is to go berserk while opening,he won't be consistent

I remember Sehwag derailing a raging Gul on a crunchest of matches SF in 2011,Shaw has that aura

He can instill fear in bowlers,key is patience not for Shaw but for TM to let prosper such boys

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Look at the control a relatively high release bowler like Prasidh brings to the table. Enough with short bowlers no matter how good they are. We can only afford 1 of those. Rest have to have a decent release height .

I think we have to look at the end results too.

Ishant has a very high release point but does not get steep bounce.

We need to pick pacers who get steep bounce. 

Just now, express bowling said:

I think we have to look at the end results too.

Ishant has a very high release point but does not get steep bounce.

We need to pick pacers who get steep bounce. 

Actually that's wrong. Ishant gets more bounce from a length than any of our other bowlers.  There was a stat about this. I'll try and post it if I find it. 

4 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Lately I am reading they provide batting cushion to the team.

That's an issue.  Picking trundlers for their moderate batting ability.

But someone like Bhuvi, who averages 35 + with the ball in ODIs, and has just one 50+ score with the bat while striking at 74,  has been able to play 120 odd ODIs. 

We played a pace attack of Bumrah, Bhuvi and Hardik in ODIs for multiple years ... which means just 1 low average proper pacer in Bumrah.

This is very disappointing. 

4 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Actually that's wrong. Ishant gets more bounce from a length than any of our other bowlers.  There was a stat about this. I'll try and post it if I find it. 

Ishant obviously gets more bounce than our other shortish pacers.

But he gets less bounce than is expected for a 6'5" pacer. 

Batsmen get into trouble when there is more bounce than is expected for that release point.   (  Bumrah and Shami have this quality ).

Prasidh gets both absolute bounce as well as deceptively more bounce.

Prasidh  

4 wickets for just 12 runs from just 9 overs

This is why some of us advocate playing newer bowlers against weaker teams. The confidence they may get from these performances can launch their careers and they may do well against bigger teams too, provided they have the potential to start with.

Hoping for the best !

Just now, express bowling said:

Prasidh  

This is why some of us advocate playing newer bowlers against weaker teams. The confidence they may get from these performances can launch their careers and they may do well against bigger teams too, provided they have the potential to start with.

Hoping for the best !

Your call on getting Prasidh in during the SA tests was spot on. I realize that in hindsight. Man has got mean bounce.

15 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Prasidh  

Hoping for the best !

Needs to play Tests v SL too. 

1 hour ago, Forward Defence said:

Your call on getting Prasidh in during the SA tests was spot on. I realize that in hindsight. Man has got mean bounce.

Dude we have been talking about him for a year now. Infact 2. India have a useless management that only cares about money. Not merit. So no point in talking about these future stars until they eventually have the cojones to play them. They want to build stars via ipl first. So that's why I am hoping our future stars do well In ipl and ranji. Otherwise no selection most likely. Got to have a brand value.