Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Arjun seems very eager to bowl quickly. 

He is very likely to add pace as a result of this positive attitude. 

Whats your thoughts on Arjun?

Lets be honest, this is India, so he will play for India at some stage whether he is good enough or not. I dont mind this too much, if its meaningless insignificant bilateral series. I know its nepotism, but also its a good story about the son whose father brought more joy than any other cricketer to Indians.

If he didnt have the surname, would you or others have noticed him?

10 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I have said our spinners will/should out perform any of our trundlers and will be the deciding factor for us in this WC.

Here is the last 6 T20Is in Australia and you will notice our spinners have done very well when you consider how ordinary they are and have been.

What surprised me is how well they performed too.

yes i shared Eco of all our bowlers in Aus and in top 10 - 5 were spinners 

2 hours ago, SRT100 said:

6'3" tall

Sharp

Runs in aggressively with intent

Well developed stock ball

Bowls regular outswing for LHB 

Good enough control

Good hostile bouncer

Really good yorker

Lets be honest, this is India, so he will play for India at some stage whether he is good enough or not. I dont mind this too much, if its meaningless insignificant bilateral series. I know its nepotism, but also its a good story about the son whose father brought more joy than any other cricketer to Indians.

I think he is getting less opportunities than he deserves because people are afraid of the charge that they are unduly favouring Sachin's son. 

I really want a few 6'2" + pacers who can bowl quickly.

Arjun qualifies on both counts.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

6'3" tall

Sharp

Runs in aggressively with intent

Well developed stock ball

Bowls regular outswing for LHB 

Good enough control

Good hostile bouncer

Really good yorker

I think he is getting less opportunities than he deserves because people are afraid of the charge that they are unduly favouring Sachin's son. 

I really want a few 6'2" + pacers who can bowl quickly.

Arjun qualifies on both counts.

What speed do you think he is reaching currently?  135+

Arjun as a cricketer is ironically so far different as a cricketer than Sachin it isnt funny. Height, a left arm bowler too. Presumably got this from his mother's side. lol.

1 hour ago, MultiB48 said:

Here he seems to be dragging his back foot and not lifting it,but front knee is collapsing and he cant quite drive through his hips and becomes more of an arm bowler and cant get the whiplash going.

I think he is more comfortable lifting his back leg early and has gone back to it this season.He will need to run in quickly with such an action.

Marco with him?

Need all of you to guess what speeds he might be bowling?

Edited by Suhaan
9 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Unlike politics or movie industry, nepotism is extremely difficult to get away with in sports, especially at higher levels. 

21 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Ravichandran Ashwin is greatly passionate about fast bowling as well as spin bowling. Understands bowling too and is intelligent. 

Never held any position of power and we never benefitted from this passion. 

Hope he takes up coaching when he hangs his boots. 

Very very intelligent well spoken man, hopefully coaching or as a commentator.

9 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Man every time these commentator are on air they keep repeating pace is no good blah blah blah as if conditions have no impact ,fecking shut up .No wonder ind struggle for pacers .

That first ball Yorker to Tilak looked quick. Those last two attempted Yorkers, low fulltosses also looked quick, didn't give batsmen much time to hit them. More like ball hit the bat.