Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Ranji commentators tearing Umran apart.

Criticizing him nonstop whole day even when he is not bowling.

They would probably have banned him from playing any form of cricket if they had the power. The hatred in their voices is amazing to hear  !

This is just a young kid playing his 7th FC match. Let him learn his craft by playing more and more matches you jealous morons !!

they are hypocrites. same balls that umran bowls, but at 120 kph by trundlers will get praised

20 minutes ago, Vijy said:

they are hypocrites. same balls that umran bowls, but at 120 kph by trundlers will get praised

Something is not right. Message is being trickled down from the upper management. I just don't understand why management would think that fans like trundlers but then I realised based on some talks I have had with my uncles and some casuals from India. The love for genuine trundlers is actually pervasive amongst our Indian casuals. Many rave about how trundlers can swing the ball. 

People who rave about trundlers have no real knowledge of sports and sports psychology. They are the stereotypical couchpotatoes. Majority of the past players have been the same. 

But the current situation regarding trundlers is just quota'ism. The moment they start pushing raw talent and raw pace, they wont be able to push their agenda of taking bribes and pushing mediocre players. 

So, the best option is to pull down talented players so that their path of earning money is never questioned. 

Napunshak commentators saale…

I dont want to use such language but frustration wants me to wish that for their pathetic comments/thought process..they are fukd by gals with strapon..

I hope someone records their comments and do some cheer faad in Social Media showing how much stupid and pathetic they are..

With these people in important posts..it will ruin the comfidence of young players..

their Ranji champion Saurashtra..for whom they are going ga ga..can be easily taken apart for 115k bowling..line and length wont matter in Bazball world..batsmen will hit reverse sweeps on these fake pacers..

Edited by Need4Speed
8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umran bowling 144 k to 149 k in his 9th over.

Ashok Malhotra talking about Umran needing to reduce his speeds in some overs ( probably means most of the time ) so that he can bowl 20 overs a day.   :facepalm:

This is the first thing that comes to their minds.

As long as Umran can be around people like Bumrah, Siraj and Shami (and Zaheer Khan) then he'll learn and become top-class in no time. He has a great action, he's stopped charging in like Usain Bolt which was never sustainable for rhythm and is well on his path to be an international regular in 2-3 years. 

2 hours ago, speedracer said:

Something is not right. Message is being trickled down from the upper management. I just don't understand why management would think that fans like trundlers but then I realised based on some talks I have had with my uncles and some casuals from India. The love for genuine trundlers is actually pervasive amongst our Indian casuals. Many rave about how trundlers can swing the ball. 

Indian casual fans are infatuated with swing.  What they don't realize is swing is not even effective on most occasions in modern day cricket since very rarely such conditions are available. Seam movement, raw pace, bounce, yorkers and pace variations (only if you have decent pace to begin with) are more reliable. 

Edited by Pollack
9 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umran bowled a jaffa that seamed away with bounce at 144 k.

Batsman misses it.  

Ashok Malhotra says something to the effect that this happens often but unless a wicket falls, it does not mean much. Why is he so negative when it comes to quick bowlers !

WTF is wrong with this guy. Don’t know what to call it. Dumbness?! Inferiority Complex?! Whatever it is he deserves to be knocked out lol

Imagine the situation of any young raw pace bowler in the country...  Guys like Malhotra are everywhere.  They will promote trundlers after seeing some swing & discard a young genuine pacer into oblivion every day. 

Even when u talk with casual fans Boobie has most fan following thanks to his mythical swing & they want Chahar to carry the baton after him. 

People were over the moon after Unadkat got selected too. 

Umran Mohsin Tyagi Kuldeep Sen are rare exceptions that are trying to defy the rotten system.  Leeches are waiting to pounce on them after a single failure. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Imagine the situation of any young raw pace bowler in the country...  Guys like Malhotra are everywhere.  They will promote trundlers after seeing some swing & discard a young genuine pacer into oblivion every day. 

Even when u talk with casual fans Boobie has most fan following thanks to his mythical swing & they want Chahar to carry the baton after him. 

People were over the moon after Unadkat got selected too. 

Umran Mohsin Tyagi Kuldeep Sen are rare exceptions that are trying to defy the rotten system.  Leeches are waiting to pounce on them after a single failure. 

Recently,  SM is full of people who are questioning leaving out genuine quicks too. People strongly want Umran and Mohsin and there is some support for Sen. Lots of people are missing Bumrah. 

Our pathetic slow-medium bowling in the World Cup and Asia Cup 22,  seems to have awakened the casual fan to the needs of pace.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Mukesh Kumar looked very innocuous when the ball stopped swinging in the Irani Cup. 

The problem with forming impressions from these clips is that they just pick the great deliveries and have to leave out most of the other balls.

20 hours ago, express bowling said:

Malhotra is the guy in charge of selecting the selectors.  And we all know how he has fared on that front.

My fear is that these kinds of regressive minded people are in big posts now. They will bring down Indian cricket.

The Kohli-Shastri-Arun years were an aberration culture wise. This is the norm where a conservative pusillanimity is treated as a virtue. You see it in the commies we produce like Bhogle too.

20 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

You should have seen the way this Ashok Malhotra was talking about Chirag jani and Prerak mankad. He was talking that since these players play on Rajkot highways they learn how to be pin point accurate which help them cause discomfort to batters with their pin point accuracy.
Jani was bowling 120-125, Prerak 115-120 and he was like, gati hi sabkuch nahi hai...they have the variations and they don't allow an inch of freedom to the batters, always teasing them around edges.

Even James Anderson won't get this much praise from English commentators.

Problem is most of your journeyman domestic bowlers and veterans all belong to this category or gradually tilt that way over a period of time where they default to 'line length bowling' and swing at 125-130 kph to survive because of the contagion. You rarely find good 135+ bowlers who won't get fast tracked or cast aside. Vinay Kumar, A Dinda, Sandeep Sharma, Unadkut, Nagwaswalla type bowlers are the ones you find in all the teams.

Edited by rollingstoned
35 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Problem is most of your journeyman domestic bowlers and veterans all belong to this category or gradually tilt that way over a period of time where they default to 'line length bowling' and swing at 125-130 kph to survive because of the contagion. You rarely find good 135+ bowlers who won't get fast tracked or cast aside. Vinay Kumar, A Dinda, Sandeep Sharma, Unadkut, Nagwaswalla type bowlers are the ones you find in all the teams.

What I don't understand is, if our ex-cricketers like accurate medium pacers, why don't they prefer tall and accurate pacers who get steep bounce ?

Why have Pankaj Singh, Ankit Rajpoot and Ishwar Pandey been ignored while Bhuvi Kumar and Praveen Kumar have come through  ?   Mukesh Kumar is being preferred over the tall Porel.  Why ?

P.S -- I am not advocating the selection of Porel etc. but just pointing out the preference for short, floaty medium pacers over tall, bouncy ones. The tall pacer we are preferring now, Arshdeep, is a floaty pacer. 

Edited by express bowling
52 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What I don't understand is, if our ex-cricketers like accurate medium pacers, why don't they prefer tall and accurate pacers who get steep bounce ?

Why have Pankaj Singh, Ankit Rajpoot and Ishwar Pandey been ignored while Bhuvi Kumar and Praveen Kumar have come through  ?   Mukesh Kumar is being preferred over the tall Porel.  Why ?

P.S -- I am not advocating the selection of Porel etc. but just pointing out the preference for short, floaty medium pacers over tall, bouncy ones. The tall pacer we are preferring now, Arshdeep, is a floaty pacer. 

Indian cricketers lack sense and common knowledge, they were Mediocre all throughout and most were a laughing stock to international cricket bar a few, guys like malhotra would never have faced anyone above 130kph in domestic cricket, how do you expect such individuals to have a liking to pace bowling, they have played the game at a very low level and don't quite understand the dynamics of the game, it's only this generation which does when it comes to pace bowling, guys like ishant, Umesh, shami once retired must get into coaching and hold up positions for years even pushing anyone the oldies out completely, Indian cricket currently is a lottery, just like Bollywood the oldies still have great control, guys like vvs even without any coaching qualifications will sit his ass down, do a few throw downs, give a "follow the process, blah blah blah, stick to basics' rubbish and mint crores, until kicked out and made to work hard for such posts, Indian cricket will remain like this, with the all resources available we should be winning every world cup, test championship etc but not even close. 

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Arshdeep is good but his action seems off. Biomechanically doesn't look correct. Front foot is landing awkwardly. His release doesn't look right either. He isn't utilising his back muscles to generate more force. I think he is capable of bowling much faster. 

29 minutes ago, speedracer said:

Arshdeep is good but his action seems off. Biomechanically doesn't look correct. Front foot is landing awkwardly. His release doesn't look right either. He isn't utilising his back muscles to generate more force. I think he is capable of bowling much faster. 

He is lacking hip shoulder separation.