Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

14 minutes ago, Khota said:

Weakest link today is Ashwin. 

Harbhajan should have been selected.

If not Harbhajan there are three other spinners in India better than Ashwin.

I think we have learnt our lesson that containing spinners who are economical but do not take wickets, never win you  matches. Look at top spinners of any country and all of them are wicket takers and match winners, not those who just look to bowl economical, defensively.  

26 minutes ago, Khota said:

I would have gone with Kuldeep Yadav or maybe Krunal Pandya as a left field pick. I'm sorry but Harbhajan is even a worse option than Ashwin and no point in adding to Dad's Army.

13 minutes ago, Ultimate_Game said:

He would've been perfect. In such a short tourney like CT, he would've confounded his opponents before they had the chance to figure him out. A genuine wicket taking option in the middle overs.

We missed a chance by not picking him ....

53 minutes ago, Khota said:

Ashwin did nothing wrong......he bowled well

tried a few things, all gr8 bowler try new thing in warmup games......he has bowling after some time so it takes time but he bowled well 

On 27/05/2017 at 2:51 PM, Rightarmfast said:

So was this the match pakistanis keep talking about when Steve Waugh said he faced the fastest from Wasim Akram, that he had faced against any fast bowler? Well, here is the video from Pakistan vs Aus in Aus, 95. You decide for yourself if Wasim is bowling in 150's or 140'ish...

The year was 94 and the series was played in Pakistan . 

How desperate are you lol ?? The 2Ws were faster but more inportantly miles better than any fast bowler produced by India ever.

8 hours ago, the don said:

The year was 94 and the series was played in Pakistan . 

How desperate are you lol ?? The 2Ws were faster but more inportantly miles better than any fast bowler produced by India ever.

So, it was 94? That makes it even more interesting :) So Wasim Akram lost 15-20 k's in a matter of 12 months? lolz! Just found something interesting though, his bowling in 94 series. Go ahead and check how fast he is bowling. Looks to be me to be trundling in 130's though :)

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

So, it was 94? That makes it even more interesting :) So Wasim Akram lost 15-20 k's in a matter of 12 months? lolz! Just found something interesting though, his bowling in 94 series. Go ahead and check how fast he is bowling. Looks to be me to be trundling in 130's though :)

Who said he lost pace in a 12 month period ?? You dont even know the match or the particular spell steve waugh talks about lol and you are trying to fight a case against the opinion of an ATG ?? Plenty of youtube videos out there of wasim and waqar bowling fast . Watch and learn.

Akram was the fastest bowler of the 92 world cup along with donald and almost every top batter that faced them in the 90s admits that the two Ws were the fastest  pairing in the world at the time with waqar being the fastest gun of the 90s . This isnt just the opinion of a random geek but of world class batsmen who faced them . Unlike kapil dev , mohanty , kuruvilla , srinath men like imran , wasim and waqar are rated by the world and thats for a reason ..

Btw it wasnt just steve waugh who said it . Shane warne also reckons that it was the fastest  spell and Akram had this ability to go express when he wanted to . 

But i am sure the two of them were lying and dont know what they are talking about , right ??

Edited by the don

Sreesanth was a good bowler no doubt. His best quality was his seam position. But around this forum have tendency to hype up those who are not around. If we all remember Sreesanth was poor so he got dropped. IT was not like he did not get chances regularly. Dhoni did not like him and he was his own biggest enemy but he did let himself down numerous times also

I personally was most impressed by yadav yesterday. He was really showing variety and showing good control with reverse swing. Looked very fit also vs. Shami who looked little under done in his second spell. 

While I would love a Bhuvi-shami-Yadav-bumrah attack that may not be possible and we may have to pick up one of Yadav or Shami based on fitness. Still a good problem to have

20 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

I personally was most impressed by yadav yesterday. He was really showing variety and showing good control with reverse swing. Looked very fit also vs. Shami who looked little under done in his second spell. 

While I would love a Bhuvi-shami-Yadav-bumrah attack that may not be possible and we may have to pick up one of Yadav or Shami based on fitness. Still a good problem to have

did Bhuvi bowl well. seemed like one top oder wicket when he was stepping out to hit him and then two tail endears.

13 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

I am tempted to rest hardik and ashwin.

Play all 4 pacers umesh shammi bumrah bhuvi.

If i decide to Drop bhuvi ..i feel as if I am biased against bhuvi and am taking wrong decision as he has improved.

Umesh and bumrah looked unplayable yesterday...they looked as if bowling at 145k consistently and fastish Yorkers n bouncers..they were toying with batsman.

If these 4 are selected along with jaddu..pak cannot score 150 runs.

If hardik is selected as 5th bowler some batsman may get stuck and pak may score 190 runs.

India will win either way.

If all 4 are selected and all 4 are as accurate as yesterday...pak will really do well to score 160 runs.

I had declared Australia will win tournament but if kohli picks all 4 pacers and our batsman support them ..who knows India wins.

All 4 are looking terrific but hardik as a pacer is not in rhythm.

Ash should be benched for the entire tournament.