Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

no, he needs to bowl 6-7 overs in MO. use pandu/thakur at the death. thakur may seem unreliable, but he has actually done well there.

How many games Thakur has closed with his bowling.

Even if hes defending 20,I'll back the batting team.

Bumrah getting back is positive. Will need some more overs to get back to his old rhythm. Still around 5k down from his usual unless we are lowering the standards.
But good if he gets it back gradually without too much stress. I’m sure he’d be there.

Definitely not sold out on Prasidh. Way too up and down in pace and rhythm. I don’t trust him against a good opposition especially at the death. 

Lacking an express bowler. They should have at least tried out Harshit Krishna than someone like Avesh. Tyagi and Umran should show some desperation and get their act together. The spot is theirs if they show some brains. Looks like the entire team wants them out or to not develop. Should take that as a challenge.
Bumrah and Siraj are certainties. Shami should be got rid of after his world cup ticket. 

Just now, Lord said:

How many games Thakur has closed with his bowling.

Even if hes defending 20,I'll back the batting team.

he'll close more games than prasidh. besides, like I wrote in the death bowling thread, we should distribute last 10 overs among 4 bowlers.

11 hours ago, singhvivek141 said:

Anyway I recall only 2 injuries..one before the SA tour in 2014..and one after 2015 ODI WC when he underwent surgery. Don't recall anything post that.

Which is why I mentioned the 2014 to 2016 period.

At that time people wanted to wrap him in cotton wool. But Shami started playing more and more and that helped him stay fit in the last 7 years. 

Making his steps smaller helped but he trained a lot in terms of actual bowling and that helped too.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I want Prasidh in the squad and use him on surfaces which are not too slow. 

6. Hardik 

7. Jadeja 

8. Shardul / Axar

9. Bumrah

10. Kuldeep / Prasidh

11. Siraj / Prasidh 

based on the pitch. 

Umran was needed in WC in India,more matches under able guidance in build up to the wc would have helped him,he could have used reverse in India

ICC pitches will be different not drastically though but still different

Prasidh in contention is anyway brilliant but sometimes out of the box thinking also brings pleasant surprises

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

Umran was needed in WC in India,more matches under able guidance in build up to the wc would have helped him,he could have used reverse in India

ICC pitches will be different not drastically though but still different

Prasidh in contention is anyway brilliant but sometimes out of the box thinking also brings pleasant surprises

They are not developing Umran. Just gave him 6 overs in the WI. It is quite clear that they don't want him. 

Now wait and watch Siraj getting benched for Shami in the WC.

3 hours ago, MK55 said:

Also Bumrah is incredibly smart. And has got the right attitude. He is 100 percent captain material. 

I dunno..... in the test he captained against England, he and Shami basically hogged the ball. Siraj got his spell in over 23( just  1 over before that) and Thakur in .... over 37.  Yes 37.

Comparing to another pace quartet .....Maybe Bumrah and Shami are far superior to Roberts and Holding and Siraj and Thakur nowhere near Croft and Garner.... but still over 23 and 37?  How would Croft and Garner feel and bowl? 

BTW we lost that test.

If Bumrah had captained Gabba and done this same thing there, we would not have won that test.

Edited by AKane
2 hours ago, AKane said:

I dunno..... in the test he captained against England, he and Shami basically hogged the ball. Siraj got his spell in over 23( just  1 over before that) and Thakur in .... over 37.  Yes 37.

Comparing to another pace quartet .....Maybe Bumrah and Shami are far superior to Roberts and Holding and Siraj and Thakur nowhere near Croft and Garner.... but still over 23 and 37?  How would Croft and Garner feel and bowl? 

BTW we lost that test.

If Bumrah had captained Gabba and done this same thing there, we would not have won that test.

Hmm interesting. Worth trying him out again once he settles in. Might have learnt from that experience.

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

but he trained a lot in termed of actual bowling and that helped too.

Man i remember Jeff Thomson talking about this - he said something to the effect paraphrased..... Training and exercising is okay but how about just bowling? Thats what we did to improve fitness - just bowl.

8 hours ago, AKane said:

As far as I remember, that happened because Bumrah and Shami bowled 6 over opening spells and then Siraj 1 over and then rain came down or it was the end of the day.

On the next day / in the next session after a long time, as Bumrah and Shami bowled really well last session and there was a long gap, they started bowling again and finished their 5 over spells. And then Siraj was introduced along with a spinner. 

We actually dismissed England for 280 odd after scoring 400+ in the first innings.

We lost the test because in the 2nd innings there was no swing available and we lacked any tall, hit the deck bounce bowler to use bounce as a weapon. ( Bumrah can use bounce too but he was probably having minor back issues already and did not use bounce )

Edited by express bowling
On 8/20/2023 at 4:35 PM, express bowling said:

They are not developing Umran. Just gave him 6 overs in the WI. It is quite clear that they don't want him. 

Now wait and watch Siraj getting benched for Shami in the WC.

Imo after BD tour Ind team management almost made up their minds that they are not going to take Umran, Sen and Pant.

Rt. now Siraj is Ind's top white ball bowler needs to play in 11, else Ind will struggle in last overs. In last few months Siraj has increased his speeds/bowling more balls in 140+ range and his death bowling has improved as well.

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

What wrong did Sen do ?

He played just 1 match and did reasonably well. 

Harsha was saying that the TM is impressed with him. 

Sen was injured. He was declared fit some days back.

He may not play even in Bachi Babu tournament