Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pant was asked by Michael vaughan in the interview "How do we take 20 wickets in Australia"

pant replies "You have to be quick. 130k is easy to play. You have to be above 140k"

Our Rahul Dravid and co were grooming Unadkat, Mukesh. Now even Siraj is down on pace. One guy who bowled faster got dropped after one match

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/australians-apply-rule-140-to-perfection-1129920

Aus always prefer 140+ kmph bowlers speed with accuracy can get you wkts at any surface, that has been their mantra.

Edited by tapandrun
4 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

This conservative think tank has taken us backward in fast bowling department instead of forward.

Not just bowling but. fitness, fielding too.

The problem here is they have resource and personal to do it but they are not utilizing it.

Induct all 4/5 (Umran, Sen, Yadav, Rana etc) and get them some game and see if they are cut-out for it or not, Ind can build same bench strength but are not.

1 minute ago, tapandrun said:

The problem here is they have resource and personal to do it but they are not utilizing it.

Induct all 4/5 (Umran, Sen, Yadav, Rana etc) and get them some game and see if they are cut-out for it or not, Ind can build same bench strength but are not.

Rahul Dravid is statpadding his coaching record. He wants more W/L ratio so is afraid of taking risks. Despite Indian fast bowling has outbowled every team last 5 or 6 years he still goes after black soil crap slow pitch that too for a world cup final. That is another way of discouraging fast bowling.

4 hours ago, tapandrun said:

Can these guys get temporary PR in other countries. Or can we release them from Indian duties? Let them go play In t20 leagues around the world or play fot another country. India has joke selectors. I don't want our young talents to rot on bench while these pathetic selectors play power politics and make decisions to appease their masters who offer them bribes. It's a disgraceful. A treason. 

8 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pant was asked by Michael vaughan in the interview "How do we take 20 wickets in Australia"

pant replies "You have to be quick. 130k is easy to play. You have to be above 140k"

Our Rahul Dravid and co were grooming Unadkat, Mukesh. Now even Siraj is down on pace. One guy who bowled faster got dropped after one match

This is generally very true,but offcourse with shrewd planning and execution the 20/21 tour after Bumrah we weren't left with any 140+ bowler(barring Saini,who did well but played too little)

All we had Shardul,Natrajan,Siraj(who wasn't breathing fire with pace then too)and let me tell you they weren't too slow either,they were mostly at 132+-135+

It was a combined effort with spinners too upping the ante making job easy for pacers

Shastri and Bharat Arun deserve the credit for their planning and ethics

It was actually all things that we planned fell in place,

On 3/15/2024 at 2:48 PM, vvvslaxman said:

time to bring in rishi dhawan, and ask dhawal kulkarni to come out of retirement.

Fast bowlers that i will keep my eyes Open in this IPL

1. tushar...140k- 145k india a team- if he is playing in first 11 for CSK, he has to be a special bowler. he has always beaten shardul as a better bowler in Mumbai team.
  2. mayank yadav- someof my friends call him as fast as umraan and i have heard he has control on line n lenght too.
  3. yash thakur- he is getting wickets and bowls 135 to 144k ..seems a special bowler.
  4. vijay kumar vyashak- he is a trundler with good swing and kind of a variations bowler. i am not too fond of him but i will keep a watch on him 
  5. akash deep- he proved his skills in the test match....
  6. harshit rana- can bowl 140 to 145k....is he replacement of hardik?
  7. khaleel ahmed- is he india's best left arm pace bowler?
  8. mohsin khan-he is super talented but is he FIT?
  9. rajyawardhan - looks like bumrah....is he superfast and super talented?
  10. karthik tyagi....151k..probably as fast as umraan khan...should he be fast tracked to play for INDIA
  11. kuldeep sen..injury issues have hurt him..he is good ,no doubt but is he fit n strong?
  12. umraan Malik- his line n length ..he is fast , every one knows but has he improved on his line n length?

24 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Fast bowlers that i will keep my eyes Open in this IPL

1. tushar...140k- 145k india a team- if he is playing in first 11 for CSK, he has to be a special bowler. he has always beaten shardul as a better bowler in Mumbai team.
  2. mayank yadav- someof my friends call him as fast as umraan and i have heard he has control on line n lenght too.
  3. yash thakur- he is getting wickets and bowls 135 to 144k ..seems a special bowler.
  4. vijay kumar vyashak- he is a trundler with good swing and kind of a variations bowler. i am not too fond of him but i will keep a watch on him 
  5. akash deep- he proved his skills in the test match....
  6. harshit rana- can bowl 140 to 145k....is he replacement of hardik?
  7. khaleel ahmed- is he india's best left arm pace bowler?
  8. mohsin khan-he is super talented but is he FIT?
  9. rajyawardhan - looks like bumrah....is he superfast and super talented?
  10. karthik tyagi....151k..probably as fast as umraan khan...should he be fast tracked to play for INDIA
  11. kuldeep sen..injury issues have hurt him..he is good ,no doubt but is he fit n strong?
  12. umraan Malik- his line n length ..he is fast , every one knows but has he improved on his line n length?

Mayank Yadav clocked an entire over in SMAT at 150k with highest at 154.

Harshit Rana is around 140-148, I think he clocked 149k highest.

Khaleel, I don't rate him. Can bowl 130-140 but don't seem like hardworking.

Mohsin in SMAT had fitness issues, first 2 overs around 140, last 2 at 130. Looks overweight.

Rajvardhan, not very fast 135-143 due to his poor runup. But is strong lad.

Tyagi too clocked 154 in SMAT.

Umran heard has cut his pace down to maintain accuracy, need to see the reality under speedometer.

I would see Yudhvir as well, tall strong lad. Bowls 136-144. He is something which we all expected Avesh to be when he debut.

20 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Mohsin in SMAT had fitness issues, first 2 overs around 140, last 2 at 130. Looks overweight.

Umran heard has cut his pace down to maintain accuracy, need to see the reality under speedometer.

I would see Yudhvir as well, tall strong lad. Bowls 136-144. He is something which we all expected Avesh to be when he debut.

Rana, Rajvardhan and Yudhvir can bat too, may not be proper batters but few hits here and there are good enough in White-ball- good for #8/9/10

Sakib (KKR) - They were hyping him in their Practice match, has hyper-extension- need to bring more energy into run-up for sustained pace.

If Umran has cut down his pace then their is no USP there are other short skiddy bowlers in 140-145 range. 

29 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

May be one day agarkar and JAY SHah will invite me( Vishal vir singh) to take over the Chief Selector position from him.

I will definitely consider you , rkt, express to join my team of selectors. i will need 4 selectors, and I will be the chairman.

i PLAN to give it in writing that after 12 months of me being appointed as CHIEF SELECTOR OR One of the members of the selection committee, INDIA will start winning all SENA tours or ALL away tours ( not just be no 1 in tests and ODI and T20 but also win away series)

if my/my team's selections do not produce results, i will resign and so will my team.

hope @rkt.india @express bowling@singhvivek141 you agree.

29 minutes ago, singhvivek141 said:

Hey I saw this video of a 44 year old Thommo bowling to a 45 year old Gavaskar in baseball jerseys.

Not bad the pace from Thommo..... I mean in all fairness these guys are now out of shape as well.

Even their U19 pacers looked more impressive than Indian and Pakistani counterparts.. 

Lot more grass in Sylhet on show today. 

Looks like BD has finally changed his mindset. 

India must hire Allan Donald post WT20 as bowling coach...  He has completely changed BD mindset. 

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

Even their U19 pacers looked more impressive than Indian and Pakistani counterparts.. 

Lot more grass in Sylhet on show today. 

Looks like BD has finally changed his mindset. 

India must hire Allan Donald post WT20 as bowling coach...  He has completely changed BD mindset. 

I was saying this all time long,but some putre were saying what has Donald done watching BD in recent WC 23

I was talking about things in the longer run, results are slowly are there to be seen exactly what I meant

Donald has succeeded in developing a pace bowling culture there,lots of youngsters taking up pace bowling there

3 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I was saying this all time long,but some putre were saying what has Donald done watching BD in recent WC 23

I was talking about things in the longer run, results are slowly are there to be seen exactly what I meant

Donald has succeeded in developing a pace bowling culture there,lots of youngsters taking up pace bowling there

Yes Nahid Rana looks like a exciting prospect...  Good height...  Just hits the deck hard at pace. 

First Time heard and seen this guy. 

Their coach was hyping his pace Pre match...  Stark contrast to Darpok Dravid. 

53 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

New Bangla speedster in Town...  Nahid Rana on debut @express bowling @Mosher @Suhaan @rkt.india

Ye Kya ho raha hai

https://youtu.be/P0ZT1uw_CEA?si=66P4zgd7kqeVB9mg

There is an old saying " you reap what you sow".

Our cricketing fraternity is obsessed with those 130kph malnourished good for trundlers, hence we get them in abundance. 

Pitch is quite pathetic slow for Nhid Ranas pace,coming slow to the batsmen which is why going @ 7+ rpo

Needs to pitch it full in short bursts to take out slow nature

Edited by Suhaan