Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

On 23/03/2018 at 1:38 AM, CoverDrive said:

He has always been pacy but sturggles for control. Wonder why Shapoor is not playing. AFG is overdependent on spin now

Tbh Shapoor hasn't done much of late to warrant selection. He's slower than Dawlat and sprays it around a lot more. I hope he gets his stuff right because he's probably the third-best seamer in Afghanistan and they need another quality seamer in their XI. The best is Hamid Hassan but he's been injured for such a long time now.

On 3/17/2018 at 9:03 PM, vishalvirsingh said:

Khaleel is a better bet than Saini as he is left arm and even faster.

I see Khaleel as a Rare Talent some thing Like BUMRAH..avesh khan is also talented but he is right arm and Saini could be ahead of avesh in the queue but we need a left arm quick more.

khaleel is ahead of kejroliya and unadkat.

we already have umesh,bumrah ,bhuvi and ishant and lets assume Shammi is not selected, still i dont see any of the above 4 getting dropped as umesh is also coming back to full form ..we need a left arm pacer now.

As on today khaleel could be better than aniket,kejroilya,unadkat and probably the best left arm pacer available in india , we should urgently get him into selection even ahead of Saini as now even shammi seems to be back in the reckoning ( bcci has given grade b contract)..this clearly indicates that there is no place for any more right arm pacers at least in the test team...

ishant,umesh,bumrah,bhuvi,shammi...except umesh all 4 did well in africa in tests and umesh is now bowling well so it seems saini wont be picked ahead of them, i still feel we need a left arm quick and some one who can be directly played in the 11 for tests..for that u need a Solid bet like bumrah was,every one knew he is going to be a hit in tests too as he was a world beater in odi's...khaleel bowls from 135 to 148K which gives us a hope that he can become indian mitchell starc. 

i think he is the one who is the rockstar now among international pacers...will shardul and Siraj not proving to be too good , i think khaleel can get his stocks ahead of these two and i don't want to consider unadkat at all , though he is a clever bowler.

On 3/18/2018 at 6:43 PM, ShebbySB said:

I don't think Umesh has lost pace.He bowls well within himself nowadays.In crunch games he'll bowl as fast

as any Indian fast bowlers.Right now Bumrah is the fastest of our intl. bowlers.

noticing the fitness that umesh has i will beg to differ, i think umesh has the capability to bowl faster than Bumrah...i believe he is a bit scared of the criticism he gets when his control gets lost and he ends up bowling on the leg side...i think the criticism has got into his head and he has started to become watchful.

thats not BAD...super fast on leg stump is of no Use , better to be 5k less but with better line and length.

but i hope he continues to remain Fast.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

noticing the fitness that umesh has i will beg to differ, i think umesh has the capability to bowl faster than Bumrah...i believe he is a bit scared of the criticism he gets when his control gets lost and he ends up bowling on the leg side...i think the criticism has got into his head and he has started to become watchful.

thats not BAD...super fast on leg stump is of no Use , better to be 5k less but with better line and length.

He needs to use a well directed fast one hit 150 and such have it as a variation. The thing about Aaron and umesh is they can hit 150 Ishant can when in rhythm that's it for India. Until hopefully nagar and mavi reach senior team. 

On 3/25/2018 at 1:34 AM, vishalvirsingh said:

Umesh can be as fast as anyone in India.Current speed gun readings clearly showed Bumrah is the fastest

even in tests in SA which Umesh didn't play.If both bowls in full throttle then Umesh will be 2-3 kph faster

than Bumrah. Umesh can touch 150 kph when he's in rhythm where Bumrah's fastest in 148 kph till now.

Aaron is set to play in county for Leicestershire.It'll be great if he manages to sort out his game there. I'd

love him back in the squad in near future.

Have we undermined Kapil Dev as a bowler on ICF? I have seen many a yorkers by Kapil and they have been deadly. As deadly as Wasim's or Waqar's. He doesnt look too slow either. Looks to be a min of 125-128 to 130'ish in this video. But what bowling. I feel he was a master, if he had proper support with him, he could have overtaken Imran as a bowler.

1 hour ago, Suhaan said:

There are few videos of Anand Joseph the rising star from Kerela....shows him bowling good yorkers and good lines..the hype around him suggests he's fast..frankyl hype around Kerela pacers regarding their pace have been found true..I would like to have your opinion friends,@expressbowling,@mosher,@rightarmfast,@rkt.india

https://youtu.be/OcB9UKKWE3E

I think he can bowl sharp. Needs coaching is what I would say. Surely looks a prospect!

Shivam looked wayward twice in an over as he drifted onto the leg stump line. The lack of control over line was evident. There is a big scope of improvement in basics. International batters will exploit this weakness if not addressed. 

Performance wise there are no complains though. 14 runs in 2 overs with a wicket of Gauti is good show imo.

Edited by Straight Drive
23 hours ago, Suhaan said:

There are few videos of Anand Joseph the rising star from Kerela....shows him bowling good yorkers and good lines..the hype around him suggests he's fast..frankyl hype around Kerela pacers regarding their pace have been found true..I would like to have your opinion friends,@expressbowling,@mosher,@rightarmfast,@rkt.india

https://youtu.be/OcB9UKKWE3E

Looks quick and getting some huge inswing. Moves the ball other way too. Good find.

23 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Shivam looked wayward twice in an over as he drifted onto the leg stump line. The lack of control over line was evident. There is a big scope of improvement in basics. International batters will exploit this weakness if not addressed. 

Performance wise there are no complains though. 14 runs in 2 overs with a wicket of Gauti is good show imo.

All bowlers get drifted towards leg side every now and then. It is not any particular weakness especially when bowling to left and right combination of batsmen.  His basics are very strong from run up to bowling action. only thing he can do is control his head movement when jumping.