Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

19 hours ago, Stan AF said:

2K kids should take a look at this. ODI Cricket with red balls. Look at the amount of late swing into the batsman's pads. I remember Tendulkar hitting a 80 odd in this game. The 4th and 5th deliveries were clearly out. This standard of ODI bowling that the batsmen have to face is just not there anymore these days.

Those days the bowlers could also work on the ball and get it to reverse in the death overs. The 2 new balls rule completely killed it and has made the game even more loaded in favour of batsman. 

Powerful bowling performance from Peter Siddle in 2010. The commentary is gold with the likes of Bill Lawry, Ian Chappel, Tony Greig, Tubby Taylor, Warne with the only drawback being the sour puss Mark Nicholas. Listen at 2:01 Tubbs going batshit insane with jubilation :lol:.

The thing I've always admired with Aussie bowlers is even leaving out their all time greats (Mcgrath/Warne/Lillee/Cummins/Gillespie) they've always managed to produce a 2nd attack(if I can even use that term) bowlers to be world class and get the job done. I'm talking about the likes of Lee/Johnson/Hazlewood/Pattinson/Siddle/Hilfenhaus etc etc.

3 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Mark Wood bowled 94.5 mph yesterday means 151+ ,bowled quite quick

i expect him and anderson to run through west indies today. mark woods bowled fast and quick though he was a bit short.

kemar rooch was too slow.

holder was very accurate and got good bounce bcos of his height and thats why he got his wickets.

gabriel was a bit shorter than full else he would have got more wickets.

alzary joseph was always short or too full..he could have got  stokes of a 89 mph bouncer but that catch was dropped by roach. Kemar is not worth playing for WI now, he looks slower than bhuvi...

This was the series if you wanted to see the pace of Glenn Mcgrath. I watched it live. I was still about 17-18 then. I never saw Mcgrath bowling quicker than what he did in this series. At that point, I thought he would be bowling at 145-148 throughout, and Gillespie about 145-153ish. 

Gillespie, what a great bowler he was! 

3 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

This was the series if you wanted to see the pace of Glenn Mcgrath. I watched it live. I was still about 17-18 then. I never saw Mcgrath bowling quicker than what he did in this series. At that point, I thought he would be bowling at 145-148 throughout, and Gillespie about 145-153ish. 

Gillespie, what a great bowler he was! 

McGrath was clocked early 140s in 99 WC and 2003 WC.