Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, urbestfriend said:

Nattu, should he been given a chance to play test cricket, had there no quarantine? Definitely Not. There may be few bowlers who are better than him. 

But he has done decently, and bowled well within his limits...Used short ball rarely to get wickets. He may not play another test for India, but give credit where it is due.

Being a left armer, he has some advantages against right hand batsmen.

29 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

you don't get that early in their careers, bowlers tend to follow the plans made by TM instead of doing their own thing. They bowl what they are instructed to especially overseas. You have to follow the plan curbing your mindset. Same Saini had a famous tattoo on his boot while bowling fast. Suddenly not following the same. What's the difference?

I am not talking about just this test match.

Even in the IPL, Saini bowled quite timidly.

Everyone has to bowl a good line and length ...  that is something basic.

But, in this test match, did the management tell him and the other bowlers to not hit the deck hard  ??  Did the management tell him not to bowl the odd surprise bouncer even  ??

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Yes that was a genuine edge but saying he was beating batsmen is exaggerated.

How is it a exaggeration? First couple of overs he was regularly beating Labs by hitting his pad. Then he was beating his outside edge many time. Way more than any other bowler on display today

Who said people here are experts ,we appreciate anyone hurling ball at over 130ks with good amount of bounce and seam movement,its quite natural people get excited at the sight of a 145+ pacer,what is wrong in that?

You want there should be no dedicated thread on fast bowlers?or you don't want us to discuss?

Natrajan bowled well but there are his limitations,sooner or later it will be evident,but he should be praised for what he has done with every opportunity coming his way

39 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

Nattu, should he been given a chance to play test cricket, had there no quarantine? Definitely Not. There may be few bowlers who are better than him. 

But he has done decently, and bowled well within his limits...Used short ball rarely to get wickets. He may not play another test for India, but give credit where it is due.

Exactly,has bowled better than Thakur

I don't give a f about speedgun like some experts here. Test match is mostly about line and length , maintaining pressure. Based on Watching the whole match and not just the scorecard , my order today for effectiveness

Natarajan

Siraj

Saini

Thakur :facepalm:

Thakur has no control at all. I expected him to be a bhuvi but he is turning out to be a Umesh. Siraj is consistent as usual. Nattu has superb control and consistently troubled the batsmen.

None of them are going to England Bumrah, Shami, Umesh, Bhuvi, Ishant are our preferred 5. But if I have to take the 6th seamer, it would be Nattu for left arm variety