Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 minute ago, Suhaan said:

Plz dont name frauds like Sakariya,Nagazwalla(i know some people were hyping the former here,but he was found to be one of the mediocrest bowler to play for India)

I was really excited when our Desi Starc burst onto the scene,but weirdly developed love for knuckle balls and slower ones and destroyed his potential

who?

Just now, MultiB48 said:

Khaleel biggest issue is he falls away in his action ,same as Akash and the left armers small margin of error for rh kills them.

I haven't read too much into Akash's action,but the little sample i saw him is he bowls a shortish length,maybe that was one instance all that i saw

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

2nd Test 2nd innings vs England

Fastest balls that I saw from the Indian quicks

Bumrah.    149 kph

Siraj.          144 kph

Shami.       141 kph

Ishant.      

some bouncers by boom n siraj hit english batsman. even one ishant bouncer hit the helmet of one of the english batsman. boom was superb in 2nd innings as a dangerous bowler and pegged back their batting. i expect english batsman to be a bit scared now of indian pacers...

32 minutes ago, Lord said:

they weren't showing speeds consistently.So annoying

am i being partial to say that probably Bumrah bowled faster than MARK WOOD on Average Pace and also probably the fastest ball as well..in this test.

needless to say that Boom was always very threatening where as wood was better in india' second innings but still was reckless and not so accurate.

54 minutes ago, express bowling said:

If we are looking at pacers who are ready for Test cricket then Prasidh and Avesh are the two.  Kuldeep Sen of MP is another interesting prospect. He is tall, sharp and gets outswing. Shivam Mavi is an interesting prospect if fit.

Among non-ready pacers, Kartik Tyagi is interesting me the most. But he has to play the full Ranji season this time.

I really want Prasidh to join Bumrah and Siraj in our test team now. And Tyagi when he is ready.

Antoine else other than Prasidh and Avesh? 

Is our pace bowling bench strength good enough for test cricket? 

In LOIs, it seems poor. As @speedheat said, it sucks to see us pick Sakariya while the Poyz have Muhammad Wasim Jr. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Ye there is absolutely no way booms bowled 135 ish in australia. They purposely showed slower speeds to deflate our bowlers. Dint work anyway. 

Correct speeds are not being shown in England either. Bumrah looked very very quick yesterday. Yes he clocked good speeds upto 149 kph but I am sure there were more 145 k+ balls. 

And Siraj looked quick too. He was consistently hurrying batsmen on a slow pitch. 

I am very happy to see Bumrah bowling flat out fast in the 2nd innings. This is what is needed if the ball is not moving prodigiously. 

He was hitting the splice of the bat again and was the enforcer pacer again. Prised out wickets on a slow and flat pitch. Seeing this for the first time after the Australian tour 2020-21.

This is the bowling style which has made Bumrah a top bowler in the world and I hope he sticks to it from now on.

Edited by express bowling

One interesting change that the Indian pace attack made was that they were bowling a higher percentage of channel balls instead of attacking leg and middle. There were so many dismissal caught at slip or by Pant.

This is the right thing to do in tests outside Asia. 

And this is why England fell for 120.  We should remember this.

Edited by express bowling
3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

One interesting change that the Indian pace attack made was that they were bowling a higher percentage of channel balls instead of attacking leg and middle. There were so many dismissal caught at slip or by Pant.

This is the right thing to do in tests outside Asia. 

And this is why England fell for 120.  We should remember this.

agree.. we were bowling too straight like in India and most dismissals are still lbw/bowled/caught by keeper..  we should bowl straight only if it is really flat and keep fielders accordingly.

2 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

agree.. we were bowling too straight like in India and most dismissals are still lbw/bowled/caught by keeper..  we should bowl straight only if it is really flat and keep fielders accordingly.

But that was same for england bowlers though, first match it was all caught keeper. It was the nature and bounce of wicket

Our pack of 4 fast bowlers were relentless and scary yesterday. They just kept coming at the batsmen with intensity, energy and pace. 

There were hardly any loose balls and the pressure was never released.  You could feel that they just want to blow away England.

And 4 good fast bowlers ensure that this happens as no one is over-bowled and they are all fresh to go flat out.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Plus bowling at the middle stump helps primarily when the ball is reversing and the pitch has low bounce. 

Shami always looks as quick as Bumrah because of how skiddy he is, it seemed that way yday too. 

Btw i still felt many times our lines were a little straighter than needed but that could be because like in the start of the innings controlling the one that comes in was difficult but getting lbw's in this game wasn't that easy. Siraj trapped root quite a few times in the 1st innings. That mode of dismissal works well in india though it could have something to do with the slope at Lords too, not sure. We need a strategy for when we aren't able to pick wickets that easily else i feel in searching for it we leak runs.