Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

22 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Bumrah's unique follow through. He's still a young guy with a bright future so I hope he doesn't try to bowl too phassst. Bowling too phasst can lead to a couple of injuries :p: 

JRIl7bz.jpg

He needs to work on it.  See the difference between him and Magarkoti and Mavi who both are so much refined bio-mechanically.  his bowing hand should be coming around his left leg like these two.  Imagine how quicker Bumrah could bowl if he rectifies his mechanics a bit.  He is clocking 145-148 now. He is a naturally genuine pacer and could easily be hitting 150 plus like Akhtar and Lee with a little bit of refinement. Hope, it happens naturally.

actionUntitled.png

Edited by rkt.india
He needs to work on it.  See the difference between him and Magarkoti and Mavi who both are so much refined bio-mechanically.  his bowing hand should be coming around his left leg like these two.  Imagine how quicker Bumrah could bowl if he rectifies his mechanics a bit.  He is clocking 145-148 now. He is a naturally genuine pacer and could easily be hitting 150 plus like Akhtar and Lee with a little bit of refinement. Hope, it happens naturally.
actionUntitled.png.d4326336a3214babc4b2078dd1d40647.png
Beg ur Pardon, but Bumrah might hit his own ba..lls, dear me.

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

Something to distract us after this loss

Fastest balls by Indians in this test series vs SA till 2nd test

http://www.bcci.tv/south-africa-v-india-2018/stats/fastest-ball

Fastest Balls Delivered
Pos Player Speed (kmh)
1 Jasprit Bumrah 148.01
2 Jasprit Bumrah 147.01
3 Jasprit Bumrah 146.28
4 Jasprit Bumrah 146.18
5 Jasprit Bumrah 146.16
6 Jasprit Bumrah 146.11
7 Jasprit Bumrah 146.04
8 Jasprit Bumrah 145.88
9 Jasprit Bumrah 145.74
10 Jasprit Bumrah 145.66
11 Jasprit Bumrah 145.57
12 Jasprit Bumrah 144.80
13 Jasprit Bumrah 144.57
14 Jasprit Bumrah 144.51
15 Jasprit Bumrah 144.49
16 Jasprit Bumrah 144.36
17 Mohammed Shami 144.33
18 Jasprit Bumrah 144.31
19 Mohammed Shami 144.13
20 Jasprit Bumrah 144.05
21 Jasprit Bumrah 144.03
22 Jasprit Bumrah 143.99
23 Jasprit Bumrah 143.95
24 Jasprit Bumrah 143.92
25 Mohammed Shami 143.89
26 Jasprit Bumrah 143.88
27 Jasprit Bumrah 143.88
Edited by express bowling

Ishant was hitting 144 in India and here he struggled to touch 140. How is he planning to get bounce without pace?  He is no McGrath, neither he gets that much bounce.  I am sure Bumrah despite being 5-6 inch shorter than him got more bounce out of the Centurian pitch.

Edited by rkt.india
25 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Ishant was hitting 144 in India and here he struggled to touch 140. How is he planning to get bounce without pace?  He is no McGrath, neither he gets that much bounce.  I am sue Bumrah being 5-6 inch shorter than him got more bounce out of the Centurian pitch.

Fastest ball by Ishant was 143 k ....  not more than 20% deliveries above 140 k.

He needs to bowl lots of 140 k to 145 k  balls like he did against SL.

Yes .... Bumrah got much more bounce than him as he bowled quicker..

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fastest ball by Ishant was 143 k ....  not more than 20% deliveries above 140 k.

He needs to bowl lots of 140 k to 145 balls like he did against SL.

most of the time i saw Ishant was in 136-139 and was not zipping through. 

we need to drop shammi and ishant both for next test as i think both these bowlers were not at their 100 % all the time..they did try 100% for some period of time..shammi was most of the time not bowled either by virat or he was not fit..i was expecting him to bowl the most and he bowled the least number of overs.

ishant was average , he always targets 5th n 6th stumps and expects batsman to give their wickets , he has to come close and get the batsman like Shammi does and even Umesh..umesh even goes for runs because of that but he targets to get lbw ...

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

He needs to bowl lots of 140 k to 145 k  balls like he did against SL.

bumrah could have got a fifer on any other day , he was truly unlucky not to get some wickets...

8 hours ago, Vilander said:

Inspite of not being at their best i think the bowling unit delivered the batting failed. lol no one saw that coming. 

Nope. It was not a 333 pitch. We lost out by not picking early wickets. The bowling unit delivered when the ball was old. Except 2 wickets, all the other wickets by pacers in both innings combined were with old ball. By then damage was done

6 hours ago, New guy said:

Nope. It was not a 333 pitch. We lost out by not picking early wickets. The bowling unit delivered when the ball was old. Except 2 wickets, all the other wickets by pacers in both innings combined were with old ball. By then damage was done

This pitch started off as flat and became more difficult with time, as the bounce became very up and down. We saw movement only from day 2 onwards.

When we dismissed them for 335,  commentators were saying that was a good effort.  And we scored 308 too .... then 258 and 153, scores decreased progressively.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

This pitch started off as flat and became more difficult with time, as the bounce became very up and down. We saw movement only from day 2 onwards.

When we dismissed them for 335,  commentators were saying that was a good effort.  And we scored 308 too .... then 258 and 153, scored decreased progressively.

we scored less than what we should have in the first innings. we needed a lead of at least 100 runs because that was a good time to bat. SA had brain fade with two runout and we returned the favor.