Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

17 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Anderson is superfit and isnt stopping any time soon bowling 138+ , touching 142 ks here with his impeccable line in these conditions,i reckon he won't retire as people expect him to this season, he's definitely targetting 700-750 wickets and he should be

Absolutely. Secret? Bowling action. 

So for all the young guns out there, focus on your bowling action and make sure it's as smooth and free flowing as possible. Ideally a delayed release time that allows you to hurl the ball across like a javelin would be ideal aka starc. 

Wagner Andy and Cummins are great safe actions to emulate. It requires less stress and exertion. 

Bumrah on the other hand obviously would have a much greater peak than most other bowlers as he really exerts himself for every ball. However his career can be riddled with injuries given his action. He has already slowed down a tad. He is getting his form back but it will take some adjusting. 

12 hours ago, Jay said:

Absolutely. Secret? Bowling action. 

So for all the young guns out there, focus on your bowling action and make sure it's as smooth and free flowing as possible. Ideally a delayed release time that allows you to hurl the ball across like a javelin would be ideal aka starc. 

Wagner Andy and Cummins are great safe actions to emulate. It requires less stress and exertion. 

Bumrah on the other hand obviously would have a much greater peak than most other bowlers as he really exerts himself for every ball. However his career can be riddled with injuries given his action. He has already slowed down a tad. He is getting his form back but it will take some adjusting. 

Bumrah is a freak. Anderson is a classical fast bowler. 

Excited for tomorrow. Shami's performance last time wasn't as bad as the records suggest. There were periods when he looked our best bowler. Hope the good upright seam Shami turns up whenever he gets to bowl.

India are just playing their best 11 pedigree wise which is a reasonable thing to do for such a vital one off game. Feel a little sorry for Siraj but he will get his chances in the Eng series.

how helpful is it for fast bowlers if they have big hands/ long fingers..  can two ppl be of same height but have shorter/longer hands/fingers like say Umesh/Bumrah/shami or a desi vs foreign player? 

Edited by Vk1
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Indian Fast Bowling attack for the WTC 21 Final

Bumrah

Shami

Ishant

I had wanted Siraj in place of Shami

But still a very good fast bowling attack.

All the best for the crucial match !

agree.. any idea how well did he do in A games in Eng

3 hours ago, Vk1 said:

how helpful is it for fast bowlers if they have big hands/ long fingers..  can two ppl be of same height but have shorter/longer hands/fingers like say Umesh/Bumrah/shami or a desi vs foreign player? 

Since umesh shami bumrah are between 5'8 to 5'11 however long their fingers and hands are it should be around middle to high size in kids section. May be of Indians eat some protein bars next gen will come in adult sizes. 

10 hours ago, Forward Defence said:

Excited for tomorrow. Shami's performance last time wasn't as bad as the records suggest. There were periods when he looked our best bowler. Hope the good upright seam Shami turns up whenever he gets to bowl.

India are just playing their best 11 pedigree wise which is a reasonable thing to do for such a vital one off game. Feel a little sorry for Siraj but he will get his chances in the Eng series.

Upright seam doesn't work in England that well. Hopefully he will bowl with tilted seam to get movement in the air. Upright seam doesn't help in swinging the ball.

7 hours ago, Vilander said:

Since umesh shami bumrah are between 5'8 to 5'11 however long their fingers and hands are it should be around middle to high size in kids section. May be of Indians eat some protein bars next gen will come in adult sizes. 

Fast bowlers like Marshall, Steyn, Waqar were all around 5'10/11. Seems like they didn't eat protein too.

4 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Fast bowlers like Marshall, Steyn, Waqar were all around 5'10/11. Seems like they didn't eat protein too.

Steyn I am assuming might be having bigger hands than an Indian bowler of his height.. must give some sort of advantage in gripping the ball and while giving it a whip or while bowling bouncers

3 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Steyn I am assuming might be having bigger hands than an Indian bowler of his height.. must give some sort of advantage in gripping the ball and while giving it a whip or while bowling bouncers

Doesn't seem to have big hands.

755352-dale-steyn-file.jpg

3 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Umesh dwarfs steym and he is around the same height. Umesh is built like a tank. 

Steyn is the same size as bumrah. Maybe slightly thicker. 

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

West Indies playing 4 pace bowlers in the 2nd test vs SA

Good to see them include 19 year old Jayden Seales.

I would love us to play a test series in the WI where our fast bowlers are  ...

Bumrah

Siraj

Prasidh

Tyagi

Give them a taste of their own old medicine.

Why West Indies? Would love to hurt the Kiwis with that pace attack. I don't think just winning would satisfy me. Would love to see some tough cricket. Like steyn would say, 'if I cant get you out, I will try and take you out. 

This indian bowling attack is ruthless and brutal. Just need some proper prep before a kiwi series and we are good to go. We can hurt them badly. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Why West Indies? Would love to hurt the Kiwis with that pace attack. I don't think just winning would satisfy me. Would love to see some tough cricket. Like steyn would say, 'if I cant get you out, I will try and take you out. 

This indian bowling attack is ruthless and brutal. Just need some proper prep before a kiwi series and we are good to go. We can hurt them badly. 

Against stronger teams we would need a No.8 who is a decent batsman ... like Ashwin or Shardul.

So, it will be difficult to play 4 genuine quick bowlers and only 3 quicks can play.

Kartik Tyagi should practice batting to become a No 8.

I would love us to play matches in the near future where atleast two 6'2"+ and 140 k+ quicks like Prasidh and Tyagi are bowling together.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Against stronger teams we would need a No.8 who is a decent batsman ... like Ashwin or Shardul.

So, it will be difficult to play 4 genuine quick bowlers and only 3 quicks can play.

Kartik Tyagi should practice batting to become a No 8.

I would love us to play matches in the near future where atleast two 6'2"+ and 140 k+ quicks like Prasidh and Tyagi are bowling together.

Yep. Would love to see tyagi and prasidh hurl some bouncers at smith's head. Preferably the tail of Aussies and especially Kiwis. 

They can wreak havoc. Both have brutal bouncers. Like I said, if they can't get them out, they will take them out. I like their attitude.