Dhoni has retired from Test Cricket with immediate effect

Gambit

Just looking at stats. MSD won 21 out of 30 tests as captain in Home :hail: Safe to say he was our best test skipper at home. Only overseas its where the problem lies.
Great record at home only that England defeat is a blemish(god I still get angry over that defeat) but away record worst ever.. I remember Dhoni started so well as the test captain, we were unbeaten under him for 1.5 years and lost the first series in 2011 under him,he had a 13-1 winning record at one time iirc
One thing I liked about him (in ODIs too) he doesn't usually let the game drift away when we are in a good position. Not complacent like Dhoni which is awesome
I had enough of this nonsense from guys like Gavaskar, Manajerkar who still have draw is as good as a win mindset. I rather see Indian team go down 1-3 in a series trying to win matches rather than losing 0-2 with two draws. You play to win the match it is as simple as that , how great captain Kohli turns outs is yet to be seen but he cannot be any worse than Dhoni.

Anyway this isn't that big a shock. When he retires from ODIs is when it will really feel hollow and hurt Hopefully he stays till 2016 T20 WC. He could have easily carried on as Bat WK in the home cycle tests and played 100 tests and then retired . P.S Anyone know the last Indian player retire this early in his career from tests? Can't remember .

What a great end to the year for Indian test cricket with this news! As is normal in Indian cricket, Dhoni stuck around test cricket way past his prime and even though he is one of the ATG limited overs cricketers, imho he will be remembered as an average test cricketer and captain. Thanks for the good memories through some classic victories though!

Anyway this isn't that big a shock. When he retires from ODIs is when it will really feel hollow and hurt Hopefully he stays till 2016 T20 WC. He could have easily carried on as Bat WK in the home cycle tests and played 100 tests and then retired . P.S Anyone know the last Indian player retire this early in his career from tests? Can't remember .
Nohit sharma,javagal srinath
Who is MS to worry about Kohli's mindset, is Indian team his property. What would have happened if he had career ending injury after lords test, Kohli still becomes captain then even though he was in poor form. It is none of his business to worry about Kohli's mindset or form.
Probably a collective decision, and MSD had an opinion The injury after Lord's test point is rubbish... Why talk about an injury that didnt happen? It's like asking what would you do now if Kohli broke a leg in a car accident while driving near Sydney on the eve of the fourth test. You always have some things planned, and some that are instant decisions based on the situation
Hope not.t20 is his weakest format.