Hardik Pandya Solution to India Allrounder Woes.

CG

He can be a Razzaq type for us - he has shown he can hit very well.  Yet to demonstrate he can bat well.  But a ton of promise - and the timing is so right for him - India has such a shortage of non-spin allrounders that even a half-decent performance will get him a long career.  Not to forget, he's a better than average fielder as well.

I think we need to stop looking at him as a pure batsmen at this point , stop over analysing his technique , stop putting pressure on him to curb his natural instinct . Give him a free hand , even if he is inconsistent if he manages to put a few good match winnings knocks it should be good enough .We can afford to have one or 2 batsmen in the line-up  who dont have text book technique or who struggle on green pitches . 

Where we need to put pressure on , especially the coach , capt etc is on his bowling  . There is definite potential there , all he needs to do is develop some skills , slower balls , may be learn to use the conditions better , yorkers , I mean if he gets better at any of these , he will be a permanent 3rd seamer for us . Even if we assume his batting technique does not improve , on  a green pitch he could play an important role with the ball & if the pitch is flat his role with the bat becomes more important . This guy if he improves has potential to take the Indian team to the next level , so needs to be persisted as long as we can imo

He can be a Razzaq type for us - he has shown he can hit very well.  Yet to demonstrate he can bat well.  But a ton of promise - and the timing is so right for him - India has such a shortage of non-spin allrounders that even a half-decent performance will get him a long career.  Not to forget, he's a better than average fielder as well.

I am surprised you said that his fielding is above average.....he is a superb fielder .... he is up there with Kohli's and raina's....moreover his fielding will only increase

He is perfect one day material ....may not be ready yet but few A tours and major domestic games....he will be ready

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I am surprised you said that his fielding is above average.....he is a superb fielder .... he is up there with Kohli's and raina's....moreover his fielding will only increase

He is perfect one day material ....may not be ready yet but few A tours and major domestic games....he will be ready

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

I said he's above average, what do you want me to say? He's better than Jonty Rhodes?

Pandya has really impressed me ,a good find for lois at least.all those saying he's a slogger should remember this is t20 and his role is clearly to go out and smack the ball from the go  and not show full fledged solid defense to a spinner or a pacer.

He'll change his game according to the format I am sure ,as I said before he will have to change his game after a couple of years and go the dhoni way in one days (from a hitter to a sensible finisher playing to the situation).

His bowling is good,he can crank it up a lot if he rectifies his action a bit (falls too much sideways which takes out the accuracy and 3-4ks)

Pandya  did not throw his wicket away like some other experienced and full-time batters.

xactly, he didnt throw his wkt like the exp batsman

and plzz we have to stop being so harsh on a guy who has just played 13 1st class games, 

If exp guys like dhawan, rohit raina  bhuvi jadeja after yrs n yrs do blunders, it can happen with pandya 

xactly, he didnt throw his wkt like the exp batsman

and plzz we have to stop being so harsh on a guy who has just played 13 1st class games, 

If exp guys like dhawan, rohit raina  bhuvi jadeja after yrs n yrs do blunders, it can happen with pandya 

Well said.

I still want Pandya to play. He is a lower order big hitter which we badly need to complement Dhoni.

On 05/03/2016 at 4:05 AM, adi B said:

Pandya has really impressed me ,a good find for lois at least.all those saying he's a slogger should remember this is t20 and his role is clearly to go out and smack the ball from the go  and not show full fledged solid defense to a spinner or a pacer.

He'll change his game according to the format I am sure ,as I said before he will have to change his game after a couple of years and go the dhoni way in one days (from a hitter to a sensible finisher playing to the situation).

His bowling is good,he can crank it up a lot if he rectifies his action a bit (falls too much sideways which takes out the accuracy and 3-4ks)

On his way ,already adapting to various formats