Should MS Dhoni be our captain in Champions trophy?

Should MS Dhoni be our captain in Champions trophy?   

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should MS Dhoni be our captain in Champions trophy?

• Yes - He still is agood ODI captain.
    • No - Make someone else captain
    • Don't Know

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

No one cares about what you/we have to say..

No one listens :D he will be captain till 2019 like it or not

When enough voices are raised, someone will care..don't worry.

couple more bad results and he will be shown the door I hope but I want him to play as just a player. 

But it even if we do good in some meaningless bilateral series, the fact is we won't be winning any worldcups

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

No one cares about what you/we have to say..

No one listens :D he will be captain till 2019 like it or not

And I doubt he will be able to carry on till 2019..his batting is already on decline but maybe if he stays fit and can atleast still run good between wickets then and his keeping is still top class plus I think we will need his experience with a young team..

Edited by Ranjha
3 minutes ago, Viper said:

Stay fit ? Are you even watching T20 matches ? 

He was the only guy who was able to match Kohli's running.. Come on now..

Please try to comprehend what I wrote. Yes he is fit right nowbut we are talking about 2019..old body may give up any time so I said his chances of playing in 2019 depends on if still stay fit then and is in form.

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

Sure look forward for it.. We don't have much schedule for ODIS this year..

Better luck next year 

Removing him as Captain is not the solution for all the passengers BCCI are defo smart than IND fans..

Remove hacks like Rahane and Dhawanfrom T20.. Get new players in T20 like 2007 

enough of that IPL bully raina as well

Removing him from the captaincy is the first step for change like the change of 2007 t20 ex when Dhoni was appointed captain when majority still wanted Ganguly to continue..we will all come to terms with it and will be glad that we have Kohli as our captain..there is no better reader of the game than Kohli right now.

24 minutes ago, asterix said:

If Dhoni doesn't looks like not giving up for Kohli to step in, Kohli needs to go easy like Dhoni's Ex-CSK mates and not take too much load for India's win... Let Dhoni rely of winning on other players...if he Carey's on till 2019, I hope he keeps on giving explanations of his losses as many times as possible.. You cannot have both ways.. You cannot have Kohli winning matches for you and you deny him captaincy chances... If you wish to play till 2019 then get rid of your EGO and play under Kohli's captaincy... 

Think you missing the trick here. Kohli is batting beautifully and our key batsman now. Why burden him with extra pressure of captaincy? Dont try to fix thing which is not broken. If Dhoni has to be removed, I think Ashwin/Rohit should be our captain.

4 minutes ago, Viper said:

I just want to point out Misbah played till 43 or 44 

I am sure he will be fine for 37/38 easily

10dulkar retired at 39 or 40

Tendulkar was a legend and his hunger for the game is unparalleled in any sport.

misbah started late so he was not that mentally exhausted to begin with. Plus Pakistan didn't have the luxury of great batsmen knocking on the door.

3 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Think you missing the trick here. Kohli is batting beautifully and our key batsman now. Why burden him with extra pressure of captaincy? Dont try to fix thing which is not broken. If Dhoni has to be removed, I think Ashwin/Rohit should be our captain.

Virat can handle pressure batter than anyone else..he is a very calculating player....

I honestly feel that it is time for him to move on from captaincy. He has taken us as far as he can in LOIs. Nothing left to win or prove. He has been brilliant but I feel that it's time to pass the torch to whoever.

He is still the best WK batsman in Asia and can play as our number 4 in ODIs till next year's CT at the very least. 

12 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

My prob with Ashwin n rohit is they dnt perform in conditiosn that dnt suit them

Rohit in seamer frendly conditions and ashwin has lost his place to jadeja in overseas so their own perfomance is something that they ll b more worried about than captaincy.

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

So Dhoni is not a Legend and His hunger for the games doesn't exists according to you

Ok Agreed I ll rest my case here

Sachin and Dhoni are not in same class. We all know about Sachin..he started playing at 16 and carried on for 20+ years so we know he was something extra special and he knew his body very well...he didn't let us down till he retired...he still accumulated runs at a good rate.

dhoni's batting is on decline, power hitting is missing, captaincy is horrible but still he can run between wickets, has experience to pass on and simply the best wicket keeper so he should play until his body permits and can score runs..but captaincy is just too much for him and for us to digest.  Whereas Kohli is the rising star, full of confidence,100% sure of his place and role in the team for years to come, has more hunger as he want to be the best.can handle pressure better.

Edited by Ranjha
1 minute ago, Viper said:

so playing 20+ years still  a young boy not mentally exhausted according to your logic.. Sachin a Super human.. Mibah isok as well but Dhoni can't play till 38 wa wa wa

Agreed not in same class One can finish matches one is a selfish 100 player..  Shouldn't be compared

That Asia cup was the Best... never dissapointed us

Averages 50+In Odis no where near close to the legend Sachin but sure 53 is decent i guess..  

He is handling pressure really well in RCB i guess.. RCB won way too many IPLS considering how average players like ABD,Gayle,Starc and good few other young players

Sachin lasted this long cuz he gave up captaincy and pressure associated with it...Dhoni should do same if he wants to play 2019 worldcup.