Parthiv Patel in third test?

kosingh

2 minutes ago, Sandeep99 said:

2 catches and 1 stumping from whatever I remember. Could be even more, others can confirm. Not that Saha is the most brilliant, he would still have done better. Indian reserve bench has been exposed when you notice that Parthiv is so high up in the pecking order.:Cry:

Man..today Parthiv is goal-keeping rather than wicket-keeping ..no confidence what so ever..standing back so deep that Yadav and Shami's deliveries are coming after one bounce go him..2 catches and stumping missed ..

5 minutes ago, Soorma_Bhopali said:

Man..today Parthiv is goal-keeping rather than wicket-keeping ..no confidence what so ever..standing back so deep that Yadav and Shami's deliveries are coming after one bounce go him..2 catches and stumping missed ..

True.. I was shocked to see that in the morning session. How was he selected? Beats me...  :Cry:

On 11/25/2016 at 8:40 AM, Mosher said:

Kumble talking about Parthiv, Karthik and Pant " On picking Parthiv: Parthiv has been really consistent, both in his keeping as well as batting. Yes, Rishabh [Pant] has certainly shown the exuberance and what a young cricketer can bring in. He has shown a lot of his batting skills. He has obviously got a lot of runs this season in the domestic circuit. But Parthiv was chosen for his keeping skills and his experience. Regarding Dinesh [Karthik], at the moment I don't think Dinesh is keeping wickets for Tamil Nadu, and I am not sure why that is the case."

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-england-2016-17/content/story/1068191.html

Experience of  dropping catches  ? ?      :phehe:

Kumble and Kohli  have to own the responsibility. Yes selectors selected Pappu, but KK have some say in the pick. Yet our KK chose to pick Parthiv Patel? And esp the older K has played with PP and witnessed the poor goal-keeping. And then he says "picked him for keeping experience"??? Old K's selections are baffling.

Honestly, if Naman Ojha injured then CM Gautam or Aditya Tare would have been better. CM Gautam may not bat and score lotsa runs, but atleast he is an experienced keeper.

Edited by fineleg
9 minutes ago, fineleg said:

Kumble and Kohli  have to own the responsibility. Yes selectors selected Pappu, but KK have some say in the pick. Yet our KK chose to pick Parthiv Patel? And esp the older K has played with PP and witnessed the poor goal-keeping. And then he says "picked him for keeping experience"??? Old K's selections are baffling.

Honestly, if Naman Ojha injured then CM Gautam or Aditya Tare would have been better. CM Gautam may not bat and score lotsa runs, but atleast he is an experienced keeper.

Its on frikkin party patel to own the responsibility.  And I guess all that noise about him being an "improved" keeper was all BS.  If Bairstow wasn't given that life - that slices at least 60 runs off the scoreboard if not more.  

2 hours ago, Sandeep99 said:

True.. I was shocked to see that in the morning session. How was he selected? Beats me...  :Cry:

All commentators openly criticised him to be standing so much behind against umesh n shammi that snicks won't carry.

He is worse than Dhoni ......standing way behind collecting few balls after bounce..that's crazy. 

He is missing a chance to catch a batsman.

2 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I wanna a keeper as good as giLly 

Keeps well 

dives well

Bats well...

is rishabh the answer.

Not sure about any of those answers. All I know is that it is worth punting on Pant. Patel is anyway a proven failure and Pant wouldn't have done any worse than him in this match. But if he clicks, imagine the dimension he will add to our team. Teams will know there is a guy lower down the order who can smack them to all parts of the ground.

Egg on the face of everyone who were making a case for Parthiv over Pant.

Even if Pant had a similar performance as Parthiv...it would have been only the way up for him.

again for the umpteenth time, we have taken a huge leap backwards than a small step forward.

4 hours ago, maniac said:

Egg on the face of everyone who were making a case for Parthiv over Pant.

Even if Pant had a similar performance as Parthiv...it would have been only the way up for him.

again for the umpteenth time, we have taken a huge leap backwards than a small step forward.

No one was making a case for Parthiv over anybody.

Many people wanted Naman Ojha as backup keeper.

Edited by express bowling