Jayalalitha Ji Passes Away.

randomGuy

1 hour ago, randomGuy said:

assembly election r different from LS.
Maybe you wanna explain why a national party can't do well in TN. or is it just about party's name (BJP doesn't have 'dravid' in its name)?

This is the fundamental issue, disconnect. Dravidian is not really a unifying edifying nomer for tamil people like say 'bahujan' 'janta' 'mazdoor' etc in North, its just a relic from pan south indian nationalism era. Its all that BG explained and some more structural issues, how big are the national parties in TN, do they have good leaders etc. May be because of linguistic barrier national discourse does not translate and anyways assembly is about the state, but Modi has his charms in TN but yeah he is a pan India leader so nothing surprising there, there is dearth of local leaders in BJP.

1 hour ago, BeautifulGame said:

Are u trolling me?:confused: BJP got 3000 votes lol

What it actually showed is there was no space for 3rd party in Tamil Nadu

how am i trolling you?

did the bjp finish higher than the dmdk and pmk in the bypolls or not?

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Om shanti!, She was buried? I thought she was a brahmin.

Conflict between Dravidian ideology vs her religion... an iyengar priest presided over the burial,with a woman doing the last rites. Periyar would be happy in his grave

31 minutes ago, diga said:

Conflict between Dravidian ideology vs her religion... an iyengar priest presided over the burial,with a woman doing the last rites. Periyar would be happy in his grave

that dravidian ideology is for namesake only and they used it to snatch power from the congress ..

even karunanidhi wears yellow salve to appease guru bhagvan based on his horoscope 

33 minutes ago, Book_Worm said:

Unmarried women are not cremated it seems ... Read somewhere today.

Hindu Brahmins cremate immaterial of the marital status. It has to be a periyar ideology in place as diga says, no cremation but burial. Even some non upper--castes in hindus do bury and not cremate.

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Hindu Brahmins cremate immaterial of the marital status. It has to be a periyar ideology in place as diga says, no cremation but burial. Even some non upper--castes in hindus do bury and not cremate.

No Hindu family/caste i have known in TN bury. 

8 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

The freebie nonsense is overrated .Only the grinders and mixies that were given as part of election manifesto were bad.Laptops to school kids was a great initiative.

It's like people don't know the difference between welfare schemes and freebies

You are like a Pakistani who is excited about CPEC, not knowing the Tsunami that is going to hit them in 15 - 20 years!.  Only difference Pakistani are so deep down in the dirty ditch, that, that Tsunami is not going to make their life any more miserable than what it is today.

Coming back to TN, this is what Jaya Amma did.  

Tamil Nadu is reeling under a debt of over Rs 4 lakh crore and thanks to an ever-growing freebie culture -- more than at any point of time in the state's history -- it desperately needs the Centre's help to tide over the deficit.

The impending GST and the implementation of the 7th Pay Commission to the state government employees are expected to take a huge toll on the states' exchequer. 

This year's budget provisions were passed in March itself, so the government is in auto mode.  The real challenge comes in for the financial year 2017-18 when the AIADMK government presents its next budget. 

Interestingly, few developments in the state's politics and its administration since September 22, when Jayalalithaa was hospitalised, received little attention in the media.

Feebie culture and doles only go so far -- then you bring your machine to s standstill.

What's worse - the people of Tamil Nadu did not need this Amma Canteens, Cheap Rice, Mixers and TVs.  I am pretty sure TN with is solidly sound economy could have withstood that.  But then we want votes don't we!

Fasten your seat belts Tamil Nadu - ians !

Feebie culture and doles only go so far -- then you bring your machine to s standstill.

What's worse - the people of Tamil Nadu did not need this Amma Canteens, Cheap Rice, Mixers and TVs.  I am pretty sure TN with is solidly sound economy could have withstood that.  But then we want votes don't we!

Fasten your seat belts Tamil Nadu - ians !

With the rate at which our economy is growing , this debt is more than manageable .It's the half baked wannabe economists who predict all this doom and gloom nonsense.Our deficit to Gdp is well below the national average .

Yes as I earlier said I agree the freebies like Mixies were bad for the economy but they were one off .It's confusing it with Welfare schemes like Amma Canteen with freebies which is nonsense .

Tamilnadu still has more than 50 lakh bpl and probably double that number in lower middle class .So Yes Tamilnadu need Amma canteens , not only us, it should be implemented all over India if we had similar competent governments .Making sure healthy hygienic yet accessible food to everyone should be a primary duty of the government .This is a country where 2 million children die of malnutrition every year ffs .Oh not only access to cheap quality food but it also generates employment to women as well.

Everyone criticized the mid day meal in schools when Tamil Nadu introduced in 60s .And now everyone is trying to follow that .These canteens will end up the same way .

Have they banned alcohol? That was a major tax source

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

No.It was election promise of DMK and even they have given it up nowadays .

ADMK have also decided to take control mining and selling of beach minerals so that is another revenue for the government .Maybe to even the same level of alcohol .

3 hours ago, BeautifulGame said:

With the rate at which our economy is growing , this debt is more than manageable .It's the half baked wannabe economists who predict all this doom and gloom nonsense.Our deficit to Gdp is well below the national average .

Yes as I earlier said I agree the freebies like Mixies were bad for the economy but they were one off .It's confusing it with Welfare schemes like Amma Canteen with freebies which is nonsense .

Tamilnadu still has more than 50 lakh bpl and probably double that number in lower middle class .So Yes Tamilnadu need Amma canteens , not only us, it should be implemented all over India if we had similar competent governments .Making sure healthy hygienic yet accessible food to everyone should be a primary duty of the government .This is a country where 2 million children die of malnutrition every year ffs .Oh not only access to cheap quality food but it also generates employment to women as well.

Everyone criticized the mid day meal in schools when Tamil Nadu introduced in 60s .And now everyone is trying to follow that .These canteens will end up the same way .

well-fare sis just another for freebies and a way of corruption. No politician does not anything for people. Whatever they do is to make sure that they can keep holding on to their chairs.