B Thampi - Kerala Fast Bowler

Bystander

7 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

Not sure . He was buying medicines for himself only. I felt like asking him about that, but for some reason i did not. But he looked fine 

Also I wanted to ask him about the speed gun, his fastest delivery etc, but I felt little awkward to go again to him and ask all these questions infront of his family. I could be the first person that recognised him in public , thanks to ICF :smiley:

Thanks for the update and cheers !

He was a little embarrassed when I recognised him infront of his family. I told him its great to see a an indian fast bowler  clocking  140+ consistently. Also asked whether any IPL teams had contacted him and he said none yet. Then showed the op of the thread , he said thanks for the support and glanced through first few posts . 

He was with his family , so I did not want waste much of his time and wished him luck. But genuinely looked like a very humble guy from a middle class background. I am rooting for him more than ever now.

Well done cheers

28 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

He was a little embarrassed when I recognised him infront of his family. I told him its great to see a an indian fast bowler  clocking  140+ consistently. Also asked whether any IPL teams had contacted him and he said none yet. Then showed the op of the thread , he said thanks for the support and glanced through first few posts . 

He was with his family , so I did not want waste much of his time and wished him luck. But genuinely looked like a very humble guy from a middle class background. I am rooting for him more than ever now.

Thanks for the update. Thampi will surely be picked up by some IPL team.

31 minutes ago, msplash9 said:

He will have to get accoustomed to more  fans like you .

Hope he has a great career &  he fulfill the promise he has shown

6 minutes ago, Gambit said:

Reminds me of the hype around legendary Ranadeb "Daku" Bose.

Did anyone say or see Ranadeb Bose bowling 140 plus? Hype is when people have not seen someone and talking big. Here people have already seen him and know that he bowls quick. How he develops further is all up to him. Talking about some young player does not make it to hype. Hype is like those Kashmir bowlers, Abid Nabi and Umar Nazir who their coach hyped them to be 90 mph bowlers but they turned out to be barely hitting 135. In fact, there was no such hype about Thampi an people barely knew anything about him before this tournament despite him being able to generate such pace.

Edited by rkt.india
Reminds me of the hype around legendary Ranadeb "Daku" Bose.

What hype bhai?? Hype is when a guy naming " atul sharma " being called as fastest bowler in the world who can clock 160 kph consistently !! But realty is that nobody actually has even seen him forget about bowling !! But thampi is the bowler whom everyone has seen bowl match after match live on television and about to become one of the great if nurtured and handle properly

Did anyone say or see Ranadeb Bose bowling 140 plus? Hype is when people have not seen someone and talking big. Here people have already seen him and know that he bowls quick. How he develops further is all up to him. Talking about some young player does not make it to hype. Hype is like those Kashmir bowlers, Abid Nabi and Umar Nazir who their coach hyped them to be 90 mph bowlers but they turned out to be barely hitting 135. In fact, there was no such hype about Thampi an people barely knew anything about him before this tournament despite him being able to generate such pace.

Sir !! You're posts are full of knowledge and filled with technically perfect answers!! Really their is so much to learn from you

3 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Basically it's a merry go round of squad selection so every person gets one game , not all though but loosers play all games like VKumar

V kumar and Aravind both got dropped last game after they were taken apart in previous game by Jaggi. Jaggi has a been a revelation.

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

V kumar and Aravind both got dropped last game after they were taken apart in previous game by Jaggi. Jaggi has a been a revelation.

Yes Jaggi had good numbers in limited overs cricket n now we have seen him bat with skill n confidence also very impressed by Mayank see him as a class player who should be pushed up.