Dhoni dropped as Pune captain in IPL, Steve Smith to replace him

New guy

Kohli fans (aka Dhoni haters) are very funny. Bit like Bangladeshi fans. :giggle:

They will discredit MSD for CSKs success but at the same time will never question Virat for not winning a single IPL even with a star studded line up.

Every cricketer comes with an expiry date. 7 years ago Ganguly was on the same situation when SRK removed him from captaincy and gave it to McCullum. Next year he was even dropped from KKR team. Dhoni's stars were all time high that time and every owner wanted him to be a part of his team.

Now its exactly the same situation. Dhoni is fast going out of favour and Virat Kohli is the people's choice. 7 years later, a new guy will come and this process will continue.

But the good thing is that atleast at his peak, Dhoni made the CSK team almost invincible. Won 2 IPL trophies, 1 CLT, only team to always qualify in final 4 etc. You Kohli fans need not worry about Dhoni...he is past now. Lets see if your hero can emulate even half what MS did at his peak.

12 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Kohli fans (aka Dhoni haters) are very funny. Bit like Bangladeshi fans. :giggle:

They will discredit MSD for CSKs success but at the same time will never question Virat for not winning a single IPL even with a star studded line up.

Every cricketer comes with an expiry date. 7 years ago Ganguly was on the same situation when SRK removed him from captaincy and gave it to McCullum. Next year he was even dropped from KKR team. Dhoni's stars were all time high that time and every owner wanted him to be a part of his team.

Now its exactly the same situation. Dhoni is fast going out of favour and Virat Kohli is the people's choice. 7 years later, a new guy will come and this process will continue.

But the good thing is that atleast at his peak, Dhoni made the CSK team almost invincible. Won 2 IPL trophies, 1 CLT, only team to always qualify in final 4 etc. You Kohli fans need not worry about Dhoni...he is past now. Lets see if your hero can emulate even half what MS did at his peak.

You lost credibility of your post in the first line itself. Rest is Dhoni has this and that and blah blah... Kohli fans are not dhoni haters. But I can see where this assumption comes from. Dhoni fans are Sachin haters so they try to find same in other player's fan base as well. 

1 minute ago, Pollack said:

You lost credibility of your post in the first line itself. Rest is Dhoni has this and that and blah blah... Kohli fans are not dhoni haters. But I can see where this assumption comes from. Dhoni fans are Sachin haters so they try to find same in other player's fan base as well. 

You are too new in this forum to know the entire story about how much hate Dhoni receives here. Some people even wished Dhoni was a Pakistani so that he would never had played for India. :flute:

I am a Dhoni fan and loved Sachin. So there goes you theory of Dhoni fans are Sachin haters. Dont think any sane Indian will hate a cricketer like Tendulkar.

On 2/20/2017 at 0:19 AM, New guy said:

Kinda like the bcci chairman interfering when the selectors wanted Dhoni gone, huh? Was the Indian cricket team the plaything of Srini? Was it based on his whims over ruling the selectors. Come on, when Srini went power mad and supported Dhoni there was no complains about it even when it was the fricking national cricket team and he was over-ruling an elected selection committee. Now you have a problem when its a private IPL team?

Btw, how do you know the coach, etc didn't agree?

Apples and Oranges MTC,

Even if what you allege is true, Srini has been a part of the Indian Cricketing scene for many years now. He ran the show successfully for a while and also as a team, we picked up many major trophies and #1 test ranking under his tenure.

RP Goenka on the other hand has a grand total of 1.5 months of exposure to cricket during the IPL last season. 

I remember having this discussion (with you, iirc) some IPL seasons ago about how Nita Ambani and SRK were better franchise owners than Mallya, simply because they let the cricket experts take decision pertaining to what should happen on the field. And we were in agreement then. What has changed since?

I am a Kohli fan and a Dhoni fan. That was the right decision by Mr. Goenka and a easy one. Like I mentioned before Dhoni is done. Dhoni will cause India to fail in this champions trophy and not advance. There are 3 wkt keepers better than him. Selectors are stupid.

27 minutes ago, laaloo said:

Geez Goenka was roasted here for no reason at all. But still a genius

Goenka was roasted because he arrogantly insulted a bunch of cricket players - not just Dhoni.  Sure there's a fanboi brigade who took the Dhoni stuff personally, but its not just that.  Taking cheap shots at guys with proven resumes, when he personally knows phuck-all about the sport is not going to deserve respect.   

Just now, sandeep said:

Goenka was roasted because he arrogantly insulted a bunch of cricket players - not just Dhoni.  Sure there's a fanboi brigade who took the Dhoni stuff personally, but its not just that.  Taking cheap shots at guys with proven resumes, when he personally knows phuck-all about the sport is not going to deserve respect.   

So what? Hes' the owner. If he feels like he can blast his employee like Dhoni, then he has every right to. He's the one printing checks for dhoni in IPL for two years now. Yeah maybe he shouldnt have done that in public but what about Sakshi? She wore a csk gear and posted on social media when her husband is playing for Pune. I'm sure Goenka must have seen that. But still he didn't say anything about it.

15 minutes ago, laaloo said:

So what? Hes' the owner. If he feels like he can blast his employee like Dhoni, then he has every right to. He's the one printing checks for dhoni in IPL for two years now. Yeah maybe he shouldnt have done that in public but what about Sakshi? She wore a csk gear and posted on social media when her husband is playing for Pune. I'm sure Goenka must have seen that. But still he didn't say anything about it.

Owners should have the grace not to bash their employees - its called class.  Goenka showed he lacked it.   Multiple times.  By naming the team after his own personal initials.  With that circus clown uniform modelled after his corporation's colors.   By bashing players his team didn't bid on.  Piles and piles of turds demonstrating that money doesn't buy class.   

3 minutes ago, sandeep said:

Owners should have the grace not to bash their employees - its called class.  Goenka showed he lacked it.   Multiple times.  By naming the team after his own personal initials.  With that circus clown uniform modelled after his corporation's colors.   By bashing players his team didn't bid on.  Piles and piles of turds demonstrating that money doesn't buy class.   

As I said, that bashing in public was bad but who cares what he prints on his shirt. Was it derogatory? It's his money. And surprised or not surprised you skipped over the Sakshi part lol. :nice: 

9 minutes ago, laaloo said:

As I said, that bashing in public was bad but who cares what he prints on his shirt. Was it derogatory? It's his money. And surprised or not surprised you skipped over the Sakshi part lol. :nice: 

You have your opinion, I have mine.   Let's move on.  I have a serious distaste for the bashing and defending cycle that some posters indulge in here, apparently with some wink-wink encouragement from the Mods.   

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

You have your opinion, I have mine.   Let's move on.  I have a serious distaste for the bashing and defending cycle that some posters indulge in here, apparently with some wink-wink encouragement from the Mods.   

Yup lets agree to disagree. You and I both can agree that what both Goenka and Sakshi did afterwards was classless. :nice: . Regarding the rest, I'm not going to get into that.  All of that is done in IPL forum so its irrelevant.