Predict Team India's results in 2018 (updated)

Gollum

7 minutes ago, sandeep said:

You do know that Morkel is unlikely to play?  And Philander misses more than 30% of tests?  Agree that if SA bowling attack is at full strength and optimal form, then its a very tough proposition.  But that's not looking likely at this point. And even Steyn has only just started taking his first steps in competitive cricket - its a bit unrealistic to expect that he's going to be operating at peak pace and efficacy within 30 days.    Even Chris Morris and Faf du plessis are dealing with back injuries and issues.  Morris has essentially resigned himself to 'managing' his injury, and just dealing with the symptoms and pain as it comes up.   

I know Steyn is just coming back from injury and Philander is quite injury prone these days. Agree that if their attack is weakened then that levels things up considerably, as England found out by beating them home and away in their last two series against them, when they also had injuries to key bowlers. There is hope for a competitive series yet then...

1-1 if SA are weakened.

Edited by YCCC
2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Froggy, my prediction includes India losing 7 out of 9 ODIs away from home.   Gloves are going to come off at this rate...

Yeah right India winning a test series in Eng and SA is a more likely occurrence than India losing the ODI series which is their strongest suite....any more such Cadbury gems...we are hungry for more  :drool:....

don’t try to add balance atleast stick to being the eternal optimist for which we like you :giggle:

I am just going to predict for SA series based on the squads that they likely to choose. 

Test: Ind lose by 2-0, I am not too sure about the pace bowlers.

ODIs: Ind lose by 6-0, its going to be fun watching the pretenders getting found out. 

T20s: Ind lose by 2-1, not much fire power in our batting unit. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Yeah right India winning a test series in Eng and SA is a more likely occurrence than India losing the ODI series which is their strongest suite....any more such Cadbury gems...we are hungry for more  :drool:....

don’t try to add balance atleast stick to being the eternal optimist for which we like you :giggle:

I'm not trying to "add balance".  I believe India is not a top ODI side at the moment, especially away from home.  Our spinners will not be as effective as they are at home, and our batting will get outgunned because of our slowpoke opener(s) and slow scoring middle order, and pusillanimous batting tactics.  

And yes, I believe India can win 2 out of the 3 away series in 2018 (SA, Eng, Aus) with a little bit of luck, and assuming most of our top players manage to avoid missing big chunk of games due to injury.  

7 hours ago, Gollum said:

2018:

SA (away) 3 tests, 6 ODIs, 3 T20s

Eng (away) 5 tests, 3 ODIs, 3 T20s

WI (home) 3 tests, 5 ODIs, 1 T20

Aus (away) 4 tests

My predictions:

SA- India 1-1 in tests, 3-3 in ODIs and 1-2 in T20s

India-Eng 3-1 in tests, 1-2 in ODIs and 2-1 in T20s

India-WI 3-0 in tests, 5-0 in ODIs and 0-1 in T20s

Aus-India 3-1 in tests

a test win in SA,ENG and AUS..will take it any day.

Not bothered on white ball stuff 

tests

will win test series in sa 

will win test series in eng 

draw in oz 

india top run scorer in 2018 kohli 

india top wicket taker in 2018 ashwin 

india top wicket taker seamer in 2018 bk

Kohli named cricketer of the year 

dhoni will win ipl with csk and many will Hail this as greatest moment of 2018 

On 12/8/2017 at 12:23 AM, Gollum said:

2018:

Aus (away) 4 tests

My predictions:

SA- India 2-0 in tests, 5-1 in ODIs and 1-2 in T20s

India-Eng 2-1 in tests, 1-2 in ODIs and 2-1 in T20s

India-WI 3-0 in tests, 4-1 in ODIs and 0-1 in T20s

Aus-India 3-0 in tests

Well I didn't predict a test win for us here and stand by that, albeit it might be 0-3 if they continue with these ridiculous pitches. 

On 12/8/2017 at 12:23 AM, Gollum said:

2018:

Aus (away) 4 tests

My predictions:

SA- India 2-0 in tests, 5-1 in ODIs and 1-2 in T20s

India-Eng 2-1 in tests, 1-2 in ODIs and 2-1 in T20s

India-WI 3-0 in tests, 4-1 in ODIs and 0-1 in T20s

Aus-India 3-0 in tests

SA-India 2-0 ho gaya :((