Uttar Pradesh EVMs were 'managed' to favour BJP: Mayawati

BeautifulGame

^^^ Wrong, firstly there aren't any 100% Muslim constituency there. And even 10 years ago, Muslims did vote for BJP, same case as today. But the number is so insignificant. There is a difference between no Muslim votes and insignificant number of their votes. BJP never had the former case.  Yet, there is no evidence or stats to show they voted much more for BJP for than their usual insignificant numbers. So let's not fool ourselves and the reality is they still today vote on communal lines.

Additional, we are taking the words of the same people who found a BSP/SP wave by talking to some 30 people on the street. Their sample size is so small and clearly both pre-polls and post polls, they are still out of touch with ground reality.

in several places where Muslims were had relatively high numbers, parties like SP and BSP both had muslim candidates and as a result, Muslim votes were divided in those muslim candidates. For example, Deoband. Deoband has around 30% muslim population. 

3 hours ago, mishra said:

Yesterday, Some Muslim bsp politician was on tele talking about some very town in his constituency where 100% population is muslim. Then he said evm for that town gave 672 votes to bjp. He inquired why, and no one, absolutely no one said to him/his party members that they voted BJP.

So, bottom line is, some Muslims are voting BJP. But they cant agree in public for the fear of being ostracized.

Yeah...like his wives are going to tell him they voted for bjp ....so that he can say talaq three times and throw them out like garbage.

No need to think. All you have to do is visit the EC website and see the voting pattern. BJP would be staring at less than 200 seats if not for BSP fielding so many muslim candidates, leading to a fracture in ummah voting bloc.

Even Owaisi's puny AIMIM directly affected the outcome in at least 6 constituencies.

So, the gist is that triple talaq was as much of an issue as award wapasi and rising intolerance - totally manufactured and bogus. 

I did that and this explanation makes sense..

10 hours ago, beetle said:

That is what I think.That was the difference this time .

People in the media do not realize that the social issues can be different within religious communities. The basic issues of respect for marriage is different for muslim men and women .why will they not vote for someone they feel may end the tyranny of the triple talaq that reduces them to cattle level .

For one, the abolishment of Triple Talaq was not on the BJP manifesto in UP. It is what the spokespersons of the party talk about passionately (just like they do about the Uniform Civil Code) in talk shows. Besides, no such social change can come about just by change of government. The opposition to triple talaq must come from within. And in this Muslim males have to partner their females in the struggle to help battle the Muslim orthodoxy that punches much above its weight, politically speaking. Maybe I am being unrealistically optimistic, but I see this happening in the near future.

I would suspect the Muslim votes that the BJP garnered, apart from the Shia land owning class which generally votes for them primarily due to Vajpayeeji, would be on the promise of development and better law and order.  

For one, the abolishment of Triple Talaq was not on the BJP manifesto in UP. It is what the spokespersons of the party talk about passionately (just like they do about the Uniform Civil Code) in talk shows. Besides, no such social change can come about just by change of government. The opposition to triple talaq must come from within. And in this Muslim males have to partner their females in the struggle to help battle the Muslim orthodoxy that punches much above its weight, politically speaking. Maybe I am being unrealistically optimistic, but I see this happening in the near future.

I would suspect the Muslim votes that the BJP garnered, apart from the Shia land owning class which generally votes for them primarily due to Vajpayeeji, would be on the promise of development and better law and order.  

Triple Talaq and Polygamy has no place in a secular society.This come from within stuff doesnt wash anymore.it has been the same thing for last 70 years.These stuff are directly contradictory to the right to equality.The BJP has supported the petitions of muslim women groups that wanted triple talaq and polygamy removed.

Secondly a lot of women support BJP because of free LPG distribution.

Individual votes cannot be tracked, but voting trends in constituencies give an indication of where preferences of communities are heading.

Numbers show first two groups backed SP and BSP, while the third stood by BJP

Every election campaign throws up myths that get busted by the results. But then, the results themselves generate new myths. The recent UP Assembly elections are no exception.

Analysis of detailed results and comparison to earlier elections show up the truth about three riddles and the myths that pose as their answers: what happened to the Muslim vote? What happened to the Dalit vote? And what happened to the Jat vote?

Individual votes cannot be tracked, but voting trends in constituencies give an indication of where preferences of communities are heading.

This can be useful to find answers to knotty sociopolitical questions.

The Muslim Vote

The campaign saw an intense battle between SP and BSP to win over Muslim votes which make up about 19% of the electorate.

BJP's resounding victory, even in Muslim concentration areas, has led to speculation that, either the Muslim vote got divided between SP and BSP letting BJP win easily, or that Muslims voted for BJP. Both appear to be erroneous theories.

SP (29%) and BSP (18%) together got 47% vote in the 59 constituencies in UP where more than a quarter of the voters are Muslim. This is virtually unchanged since 2012 elections, although it went down to 43% in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.

So, the Muslim support for the two parties is intact.

The difference this time was that BJP mopped up most of the other votes — getting 39% of total votes.

This was less than their 43% in 2014 Lok Sabha elections, but still so far ahead of the rivals that they won 39 seats while SP won 17 and BSP ended up with none. SP's 29% vote share in these seats shows that its Muslim support base largely intact.

source

BJP didn't gain much Muslim vote it was just split between SP and BSP.

Edited by BeautifulGame

It's stupid to think that Muslim women voted for BJP because of Triple Talaaq. This is a party which talks about digging up Muslim women corpses and raping them.

Should Triple Talaaq go? Yeah.

As for EVMs, I don't believe there has been any mass scale rigging using them yet. However, they are vulnerable to be hacked has been proved across multiple studies and countries so much so that hardly any if any western nation uses them anymore. Just get rid of them to eliminate the noise. If we are waiting a month for polls to be held in a state anyway, don't see the harm in the counting to be delayed a bit due to paper ballots.

It's stupid to think that Muslim women voted for BJP because of Triple Talaaq. This is a party which talks about digging up Muslim women corpses and raping them.

Should Triple Talaaq go? Yeah.

As for EVMs, I don't believe there has been any mass scale rigging using them yet. However, they are vulnerable to be hacked has been proved across multiple studies and countries so much so that hardly any if any western nation uses them anymore. Just get rid of them to eliminate the noise. If we are waiting a month for polls to be held in a state anyway, don't see the harm in the counting to be delayed a bit due to paper ballots.

And it hasn't been shown that papper ballots can be rigged with ?

It's much easier to rig elections with paper ballot.

3 minutes ago, BeautifulGame said:

And it hasn't been shown that papper ballots can be rigged with ?

It's much easier to rig elections with paper ballot.

No it's not. Once you have the technology and insider help you can pervade every EVM. The technology is already there. All you need is insider help.

In paper ballots, you can do it easily on a booth or two or ten, but mass rigging isn't possible in this day of cell phone cameras.

Read about why pretty much every educated country in the world has discarded EVMs. Don't tie it to the sore loser syndrome of Mayawati. You'll get a good sense of why paper ballots are the safer option.

No it's not. Once you have the technology and insider help you can pervade every EVM. The technology is already there. All you need is insider help.

In paper ballots, you can do it easily on a booth or two or ten, but mass rigging isn't possible in this day of cell phone cameras.

Read about why pretty much every educated country in the world has discarded EVMs. Don't tie it to the sore loser syndrome of Mayawati. You'll get a good sense of why paper ballots are the safer option.

There were plenty of accusations by politicians over the years about ballot papers including magically erasing stamps to rigging .

So that's not true.

1 minute ago, BeautifulGame said:

There were plenty of accusations by politicians over the years about ballot papers including magically erasing stamps to rigging .

So that's not true.

They can all be in practice traced back to a source. What source do you have once you click on the EVM button? Nothing.

Paper ballot?

You may as well give Bihar to the rjd and wb to trinamool in perpetuity

Booth capturing 101.

If u have issue with evm fine but going back to paper ballots not the solution

Sent from my Wileyfox Swift using Tapatalk

And I do believe vvpat which gives voters a receipt of vote in conjunction with evm machines are the solution.

In 20 seats using vvpat with evm machines in 2017 bjp win 17 with vote share of close to 50%

19 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Paper ballot?

You may as well give Bihar to the rjd and wb to trinamool in perpetuity

Booth capturing 101.

If u have issue with evm fine but going back to paper ballots not the solution

Since you're hell bent on bringing politics into this instead of discussing the security of EVMs, BJP with its gundaraaj, control over state machinery, and RSS cadre is best placed to take advantage of paper ballots. Despite that, as I said paper ballots can be rigged locally. The ease of scalability for EVM rigging is frightening if it happens.

Ballot papers are a huge waste of paper. If one were to look at this from an environmental PoV, ballot papers would mean acres of trees felled.

Also conducting an election using the machine is cheaper than conducting one on ballot paper. Not to mention the ease of counting or recounting as the situation may demand.

The Western nations like France/UK etc have an electorate of 3-4 crore people. We have (in the Lok Sabha) an electorate of 70-75 crores. And from what I read, higher voter turnout. I wouldn't compare their processes with ours. EVM's would definitely make the life of the EC a lot simpler.

Edited by Mariyam