How to Stop Fakhar Zaman's top edges?

3 minutes ago, speedheat said:

First of all don't bowl short to him his stance is such that he is ready to hook or pull, bowl full straight and fast to him as his stance puts lot of pressure on front foot and will be difficult for him to play full and straight balls.

Yup. Bowl on a good length outside off the way Bhuvi does. That should do it and don't go trying to get him with bouncers as that might lead to some easy runs.

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

The fakhar is a blind slogger who gets most runs through top edges...can't plan for someone like that.I think open with a spinner if it's not seaming conditions 

He loves playing spinners, good luck getting him out like that. 

many options. hopefully india just doesn't go crazy on the short ball stuff.  bowler and field set have to be in sync

change of pace is a good tactic against someone going after every ball but it has to pitched properly with proper field set to back it up

8 minutes ago, Autonomous said:

Hafeez is a bottler. 

Yeah he is.  But he's also one of the most selfish players around.  I have this weird feeling that he's actually going to play a decent innings in the final.  His place on the team is on the line now.  I expect him to 'chuck' out Dhawan early in the innings as well.  

On Fakhar, I'm not too worried about him.  In spite of Team India's well known issues against newbie batsmen, especially leftys, I think Bhuvi/Bumrah will get him out cheaply enough.