Why don't we do fast tracking to national team

Vk1

We find some exciting talent and we don't give him a chance straight away. We badly needed someone like Pandya but we still send him to A tours. Why wait for consistency. What happened to the u19s fast track policy that gave us ATGs like Yuvraj, bhajji, Rohit , Kohli. Why do the pre international grinding though you prove yourself in ipl? aren't we wasting time? especially when worldcup is 2 years away.

Because we don't want average players to feel threatened by new comers. I mean it is not like 90s where there weren't any decent players to fill roles. We have more talented players not being allowed to debut or get  a proper chance. Look at Dhawan, since he had good CT trophy, he was allowed to get back into T20 and Test side without any world beating performances in domestic. There should be competition to get into separate format, if you do well in one format doesn't mean that you shouldn't be put in pool for other format. SO:

Dhawan does well in one ODI series, he is allowed to come back to test and T20 side. 

Rohit scores runs by doing tuk tuk in ODIs, he is back in test side. Is it fair to  guys who have been performing in A tours all over the world?

Rahane does well in test matches, and he is allowed to get into ODI side when there are better players who have done better in A tours. 

If you do well in one format, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't be asked to tour in A side to make sure that you are actually better than other guys in that format. These guys are treated like sons and daughter of upper management, you have to abuse someone to get fired. 

i wrote the same thing sometime back,dont know which thread it was and @sandeep opposed it,kuch kehna chahenge aap ispe ab 

our team and its selection is easily the most boring one in the world,same old safe selections,same methodical approach while batting,thank god they experimented with pandya at no.4 in last series

i will not be surprised if kartik gets another game today but we discarded pant at the first instance

Fast tracking should be done for someone like Prithvi Shaw. You could know by watching his game that he belongs to top tier. By properly mentoring and playing with the big boys will only help this kid.

The Indian selection system has been overly inspired by the Australian way of grinding the players in the domestics to become much tougher and then enter their national team.

Coming to the selectors, they lack the spine to take tough decisions which will benefit the team in long run.

When a world Cup gets over, you could see the mantle of captaincy being passed, players being dropped whom the selection team doesn't see fit for the next wc and giving ample opportunities to the young guns to play a few dozen games to develop their game.

K. Srikkanth destroyed this team when he got 1 year extension after winning the wc. We take great pride on being a nation churning great batting talent but we were humiliated 8-0 in Eng, Australia despite having Pujara, Rahane, Kohli, Vijay in the ranks but they didn't get chances in many test matches. We kept recycling the old ones.

This team needs a brutal shake up in odis and t20s. If we marvel at de kock exploits,  it is because the Proteas gave him chances to express himself. While our own Ishan Kishan/Pant/Samson will keep languishing in India A team and we watch TTFs hoping they would clear boundaries at will, winning us matches.

Yuvraj was fast tracked but lost place in team after few years went back to domestic scene and came back. Ishant is one more example had dream debut vs pak , went to Australia troubled best batsman of the time. Few years later Ishant is crap bowler. We shouldn't fast track unless they shown some kind of consistency in A tours. In international cricket you don't get much time to learn these especially after 3 months of IPL and continuous international cricket where is the time for new kid on the block to improve his skills , polish his flaws. More chances are you forget basics.  The fast track might have worked before pre IPL and rigorous international schedules. But it is simply not an option now.

Edited by gattaca
41 minutes ago, Turning_track said:

Fast tracking should be done for someone like Prithvi Shaw. You could know by watching his game that he belongs to top tier. By properly mentoring and playing with the big boys will only help this kid.

The Indian selection system has been overly inspired by the Australian way of grinding the players in the domestics to become much tougher and then enter their national team.

Coming to the selectors, they lack the spine to take tough decisions which will benefit the team in long run.

When a world Cup gets over, you could see the mantle of captaincy being passed, players being dropped whom the selection team doesn't see fit for the next wc and giving ample opportunities to the young guns to play a few dozen games to develop their game.

K. Srikkanth destroyed this team when he got 1 year extension after winning the wc. We take great pride on being a nation churning great batting talent but we were humiliated 8-0 in Eng, Australia despite having Pujara, Rahane, Kohli, Vijay in the ranks but they didn't get chances in many test matches. We kept recycling the old ones.

This team needs a brutal shake up in odis and t20s. If we marvel at de kock exploits,  it is because the Proteas gave him chances to express himself. While our own Ishan Kishan/Pant/Samson will keep languishing in India A team and we watch TTFs hoping they would clear boundaries at will, winning us matches.

fast tracking doesn't always work, but ind has indeed become quite conservative. can't think of many 20 yr olds playing in tests or odis. oz had renshaw, pak has that spinner, and eng has hameed.

Yes it doesn't always work. But the guys who are in the team aren't being challenged at all. They are carefree. 

Shikhar took a break due to personal reasons, but he came back soon like he was setting the world on fire with his batting exploits in limited overs.

And then those talks of bench strength when they don't even try youngsters.:wall:

Yes it doesn't always work. But the guys who are in the team aren't being challenged at all. They are carefree. 
Shikhar took a break due to personal reasons, but he came back soon like he was setting the world on fire with his batting exploits in limited overs.
And then those talks of bench strength when they don't even try youngsters.:wall:

Well....
Dhawan was extremely good in limited overs cricket.....
Infact, he was one of the best in limited overs in the recent past....

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Fast tracking needs to be done for exceptional players....someone with the calibre of Sachin....
Honestly speaking I don't see anyone in our domestic setup as of now....

Look at pant...he was setting domestic on fire few months back and now he is totally lost it.....what we need is consistency...
Let them learn the trade in A tours and should be given a go...

I heard Siraj played his first game with leather ball in 2015 and now he is in indian team....isnt that fast tracking....
Sunder didn't even played 2 full ranji seasons and he was selected for indian team....isn't it fast tracking

I think selection committee is doing a fair job....

Only other player who should have been in indian team is Iyer instead of Karthik....every other selection seems to be fair

19 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Well....
Dhawan was extremely good in limited overs cricket.....
Infact, he was one of the best in limited overs in the recent past....

I don't have a problem with Dhawan in LOIs in the subcontinent or in ICC tournaments.
But he needs to perform in tough conditions in bilaterals. Historically our batters have been poor in SA. The coming matches will be the opportunity for the openers, they need to put their hands up & do it.

1 hour ago, gakgupta said:

Fast tracking needs to be done for exceptional players....someone with the calibre of Sachin....
Honestly speaking I don't see anyone in our domestic setup as of now....

Look at pant...he was setting domestic on fire few months back and now he is totally lost it.....what we need is consistency...
Let them learn the trade in A tours and should be given a go...

I heard Siraj played his first game with leather ball in 2015 and now he is in indian team....isnt that fast tracking....
Sunder didn't even played 2 full ranji seasons and he was selected for indian team....isn't it fast tracking

I think selection committee is doing a fair job....

Only other player who should have been in indian team is Iyer instead of Karthik....every other selection seems to be fair

Sundar never got selected for Indian team.

6 hours ago, SK_IH said:

i wrote the same thing sometime back,dont know which thread it was and @sandeep opposed it,kuch kehna chahenge aap ispe ab 

our team and its selection is easily the most boring one in the world,same old safe selections,same methodical approach while batting,thank god they experimented with pandya at no.4 in last series

i will not be surprised if kartik gets another game today but we discarded pant at the first instance

Context matters.  I share the desire of wanting to see deserving prospects like Shreyas Iyer get opportunities.  

At some point, defenders of Kuptaan aggressive are going to have to pin the tail on Mr. Wrogn, when it comes to some of these selections.  You can only pass the buck to others so many times.