Better captain: Ganguly or Dhoni?

Better captain (All formats)  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who was the better India captain: Ganguly or Dhoni?

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Will choose Dhoni as Odi captain and none in test cricket. Ganguly dnt warrent a place in all time test 11 as player 1st ....so he cant be the captain

Rest some point are blatnetly wrong 

dhoni- 

• Kohli, dhawan, rohit, bhuvi, ashwin, jadeja, vijay, pandya, bumrah, raina.........introduced or nurtured....

where is this point. 

• Slip fielding cant be put on captain.......thats a cultural change in fielding 
  • Cant blame sreesanth, irfan , rp  had attitude isssue on dhoni.
  • Rohit was made a Odi beast his decision n backing
  • How do u blame ishant problem on him, ishant changed his action n wrist position 
  • Made tough calls to drop many seniors

Infact had rahul been under him he wud have gotten far more proper chances 

Against ganguly

• He was damn political, the whole chappell saga (wo koi dhudh ka dhula nhin tha)
  • Ganguly retired with diginty, No .....he retired with a grudge
  • Better batsman then whom?????
  • Bought a better culture in Indian cricket of senior n junior 
  • Emphasis on foreign coaches which was very important at that time
  • Made dravid a keeper which i think helped his batting 
  • Help us develop an attitude to look in the eye of the opposition 
  • Add dhoni, nehra name in that list of player given a chance by ganguly 

Yuvraj n dhoni nurturing credit shud also go to chappell n dravid. 

Bumrah , pandya have been well backed n continued under kohli as well . 

Wah beta jo bhi achey player bane to dhoni ne usko banya aur dhoni ka decision tha aur jo bhi bekar nikal gaye wo players ki khud ki vajah se nikaley......typical hypocracy. Bhai tu chor de usko uske haal pe, tu aise hi usko endorse karta raha to wo uski lutiya dub jayegi

1 hour ago, mancalledsting said:

lot of them widely agreed upon by commentators/experts outside of BCCI/Srni mama chamcha circle

Which experts?

Who has rated him more political than any other Indian captain?

Whose retirement did he delay?

Reduced fast bowling to dark ages? Yadav, Shami and Bhuvi all became permanent under him. He backed Pandya to international cricket.

He made best spinner duo of world cricket who were labelled as CSK quota. Now we are seeing the benefits of those. 

Dhoni in ODIs

Dhoni started off as awesome in tests and then just deteriorated around 2010. He used to being fresh ideas and that test match where he choked Australia was impressive. It all starters in centurion in 2010 when he kept bowling Suresh raina over after over. He gave up I think 77 runs in 7 overs that day. I think he lost interest in test cricket around 2011 but still kept doing the same inane things despite losing over and over again and statements like overseas matches are like practice matches don't help your case either. Oh and I also don't like it when a captain blames a non csk bowler in a international match press conference. That's not a good thing. Keep that trash for IPL.

Edit: 2010 was also that incident with Sreesanth that may have very well denied us our first series victory in South Africa.

Edited by Laaloo
3 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Wah beta jo bhi achey player bane to dhoni ne usko banya aur dhoni ka decision tha aur jo bhi bekar nikal gaye wo players ki khud ki vajah se nikaley......typical hypocracy. Bhai tu chor de usko uske haal pe, tu aise hi usko endorse karta raha to wo uski lutiya dub jayegi

Dhoni ne Kohli ko bachpan mein bhi doodh peeta sikhaya tha - Ankit chamcha

Edited by Laaloo
7 minutes ago, raki05 said:

On topic ganguli was visionary and op rightly mentioned Dhoni brought calmness and ability to win in clutch situation also he was the most luckiest captain around his time frame. So ganguly was better leader and better captain in test And dhoni was better in odi.

@Ankit_sharma03 bhai...these threads are a sh ithole...they just want sadistic pleasure from it...there is no logic...so do not fall into the trap and lose sanity...I actually feel now that @Rasgulla is not wrong when he responds to these chapadganjus... its just agenda and the usual suspects will gang up and turn it into a circlejerk... they will continue untill you agree with their hate or leave...thats the strategy...

'Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.' - Mark Twain 

29 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

we'll let the voters on the poll decide

You mean we ll let sachin chamchas/anti brigade decide the poll:cantstop: open  sachin vs pointing captaincy thread.. sachin will win by 20 votes minimum..:giggle:

Mancalledsting - Your points explain everything.. 3 vs 9( lot of rubbish ofcouse) Lol 

Laaloo - troll mod..biggest chamcha ever next to "New guy" only..

Manaic - gets triggered when "Aiiliaa" name gets mentioned..

King Tendulkar - That name explains it all

Express, Mosher - Phasttt.. :cantstop: yadav fans who feels he was humiliated during Dhoni era.. Gets benched by Kohli regularly which is another day discussion

Slowheat - software operated doesn't even count

Lannister - wants India to lose recently cause his karnataka player "Rahul" wasn't selected.. Officially pledged his support for RSA.. Holds a grudge that ranji legend vinay kumar wasn't selected back in those days..

Mccricket, kira, raki, Khota bhai... List is long enough. Pointless poll :phehe: Easily predictable..

Edited by Rasgulla
1 hour ago, Cricketics said:

Ganguly used to back his players well, however Dhoni in his prime as captain was more shrewd than anyone I have seen and in particular more attentive. I missed that part of Dhoni's captaincy in the later stages of his career but he was really innovative in the first part of his captaincy career.

Ganguly had his principles and no no eff attitude which might sound smart and handsome like keeping Steve Waugh waiting for the toss, but to me was pathetic attitude for an international captain, and it reeks of grudge filled attitude from Ganguly.

Dhoni in this way I felt must have been better and probably did not show any grudge ever and must have been more easy to approach.

Dhoni in his prime is ahead for me over Ganguly.

In test or odi? Odi he was goid but in test he was pathetic.

25 minutes ago, raki05 said:

Beta padhna seekho, i have written about all. Dhoni agenda ke aage bhi padhna seekhlo

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Yuvraj n dhoni nurturing credit shud also go to chappell n dravid. 

Bumrah , pandya have been well backed n continued under kohli as well . 

abhi tak to dubbi, abhi ke liye tu chodh de 

21 minutes ago, Laaloo said:

Dhoni ne Kohli ko bachpan mein bhi doodh peeta sikhaya tha - Ankit chamcha

Laloo ke post ka standard......Lalu prasad yadav ko bagal men baith ke likha rhe ho 

anyways both of u keep me our of ur post.........khelo chamcha chamcha when no one agrees with u 

14 minutes ago, Shunya said:

its just agenda and the usual suspects will gang up and turn it into a circlejerk

Idiots ganged up on sid and he is now gone.. next target SS. He barely posts here anymore. Tried to pick on me.. Didn't work got owned everytime..Now fresh target these days is Ankit sharma.. That how they drove away many other people from this forum.. It..Helps when you have that one troll in place to delete other peoples posts:phehe: when chamcha gang is getting REKT..

Edited by Rasgulla
6 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

You mean we ll let sachin chamchas/anti brigade decide the poll:cantstop: open  sachin vs pointing captaincy thread.. sachin will win by 20 votes minimum..:giggle:

Mancalledsting - Your points explain everything.. 3 vs 9( lot of rubbish ofcouse) Lol 

Laaloo - troll mod..biggest chamcha ever next to "New guy" only..

Manaic - gets triggered when "Aiiliaa" name gets mentioned..

King Tendulkar - That name explains it all

Express, Mosher - Phasttt.. :cantstop: yadav fans who feels he was humiliated during Dhoni era.. Gets benched by Kohli regularly which is another day discussion

Slowheat - software operated doesn't even count

Lannister - wants India to lose recently cause his karnataka player "Rahul" wasn't selected.. Officially pledged his support for RSA.. Holds a grudge vijay kumar wasn't selected back in those days..

Mccricket, kira, raki, Khota bhai... List is long enough. Pointless poll :phehe: Easily predictable..

If everyone against him means atleast you are outnumbered and shoul be odd man out. However if you open your eyes and see i and some other o  this forum  have equally criticized other players as well and dont stoop to any level for idol worshiping. For me Indian cricket is bigger than any individual , unfortunately no use to explain it to you.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Beta padhna seekho, i have written about all. Dhoni agenda ke aage bhi padhna seekhlo

Laloo ke post ka standard......Lalu prasad yadav ko bagal men baith ke likha rhe ho 

anyways both of u keep me our of ur post.........khelo chamcha chamcha when no one agrees with u 

Lol I was just responding to your ironic post when you tell others to stop posting with agenda when you yourself have been found doing chamchagiri above and and beyond. 

13 minutes ago, Rasgulla said:

Idiots ganged up on sid and he is now gone.. next target SS. He barely posts here anymore. Tried to pick on me.. Didn't work got owned everytime..Now fresh target these days is Ankit sharma.. That how they drove away many other people from this forum.. It..Helps when you have that one troll in place to delete other peoples posts:phehe: when chamcha gang is getting REKT..

You should leave it as well. No point responding to every dumb personal attack. Why are you wasting so much time behind them. They sound very frustrated in life for some reason if they have to do all this on an internet forum. 

Edited by Shunya
4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Aur maine bhi feedback saaro pe diya hai. Ganguly is no more playing hence i asked you to lave dhoni on his own.I see you try to be diplomatic while supporting dhoni,but your biases are clearly visible.

17 minutes ago, raki05 said:

If everyone against him means atleast you are outnumbered and shoul be odd man out. However if you open your eyes and see i and some other o  this forum  have equally criticized other players as well and dont stoop to any level for idol worshiping. For me Indian cricket is bigger than any individual , unfortunately no use to explain it to you.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.. I never said everyone are against him. We got very few neutrals left after regular gang attacks by usual mob.. They dont even post much..Those names I mentioned defo are..Maybe 1 or 2 questionable. 

Edited by Rasgulla