Virat Kohli selected as ICC Test Captain of the year !!!

velu

29 minutes ago, velu said:

yeah .. we dont need any captaincy skills in IPL ..this is a BS argument in my view .. if his  captaincy in IPL is crap  , how does he will miraculously turn into a better captain in tests  ?

Was Ricky Ponting a good t20 captain? What did he win in Tests and ODIs as a captain... I’d happily settle for that under Kohli

1 hour ago, velu said:

yeah .. we dont need any captaincy skills in IPL ..this is a BS argument in my view .. if his  captaincy in IPL is crap  , how does he will miraculously turn into a better captain in tests  ?

Some of you guys really take IPL too seriously. It's no wonder you're a chuski fan.

46 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Was Ricky Ponting a good t20 captain? What did he win in Tests and ODIs as a captain... I’d happily settle for that under Kohli

dont ask whether kapil dev was a good T20 captain , plzzz..

my point is taright fwd .. his IPL captaincy displayed his skills as a captain more than enough

Just now, velu said:

point is he gave more than enough hints about his captaincy ..

IPL is life <3

Point is IPL is fun cricket. You just cannot take it seriously. Csk fans are the only ones who from the start of IPl take it very seriously for god knows what reason.

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Point is IPL is fun cricket. You just cannot take it seriously. Csk fans are the only ones who from the start of IPl take it very seriously for god knows what reason.

that is not the point .. 

his captaincy in IPL is pathetic enough to draw conclusion about his potential captaincy :p:

( had created a thread abt is as well , when you guys were celevrating captain kohli as the 10th avatar of vishnu :phehe: )

1 minute ago, Laaloo said:

Even though I agree with your sentiment ,I don’t agree players treating it as fun cricket or not taking it seriously after they make millions of $$$ from it. Doesn’t reflect well on them as professionals.... I would consider that as being cheated as much as I feel cheated when the team doesn’t take international cricket seriously and get rolled over overseas.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Even though I agree with your sentiment ,I don’t agree players treating it as fun cricket or not taking it seriously after they make millions of $$$ from it. Doesn’t reflect well on them as professionals.... I would consider that as being cheated as much as I feel cheated when the team doesn’t take international cricket seriously and get rolled over overseas.

I agree with you , these guys are professionals and have personal pride in playing.  What it does do is give lower ranked players the opportunity  to earn decent amount of money for 6 weeks work as well as stars earning large amounts 

I do believe it's fun for the spectator but I hope it stays that way for them and does  not become the be all and end all 

25 minutes ago, velu said:

dont ask whether kapil dev was a good T20 captain , plzzz..

my point is taright fwd .. his IPL captaincy displayed his skills as a captain more than enough

Shameful attempt at revisionist history. Ponting captained Australia in 2 world t20s. I know that may not be adequate sample size for you, but not everybody is as blessed as Dhoni Saab to be granted 6 attempts! ATG Ponting removed by CA after 2 failures and Dhoni removes after 5 failures. Hmmm... I wonder why that happened 

12 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

Shameful attempt at revisionist history. Ponting captained Australia in 2 world t20s. I know that may not be adequate sample size for you, but not everybody is as blessed as Dhoni Saab to be granted 6 attempts! ATG Ponting removed by CA after 2 failures and Dhoni removes after 5 failures. Hmmm... I wonder why that happened 

building-brand-value.png

29 minutes ago, mancalledsting said:

copy pasting

his captaincy in IPL is pathetic enough to draw conclusion about his potential captaincy :p:

1 hour ago, velu said:

that is not the point .. 

his captaincy in IPL is pathetic enough to draw conclusion about his potential captaincy :p:

( had created a thread abt is as well , when you guys were celevrating captain kohli as the 10th avatar of vishnu :phehe: )

You are judging his captaincy based on IPL. I am not. I don't usually judge anything in IPL. 

As I said before, he is a pretty good test captain on the field. He can't get the damn basics playing xi right. That's the unfortunate part.

Odis- sorry can't judge him until dhoni is out of the picture as you can't really tell who is making the decisions. 

Love Kohli the batsman but his captaincy, selection, thought process and Bunty Sajdeh have pissed me off. My criticism of Kohli is mostly non batting related. Difference between Kohli/SRT fans and Dhoni fans is that the former won't hesitate to criticize their hero if they feel team's interest is being harmed. Dhoni fans are so shameless that they won't ever criticize their idol even if Team India is being screwed over.