Jump to content
asterix

India Vs England, 2nd ODI, Lords (London), 14th July 2018, 11 AM BST (3:30 PM IST)

Recommended Posts

Just now, vvvslaxman said:

With the kind of batting ability of our bowlers India has to have 7 solid, reliable batsmen. There should be absolutely no compromise. What kind of **** show Ravi bot running. We are aware of this weakness since CT. KL Rahul for all his talent should stop blowing hot and cold

 

Rahul is not what bothers me. He needs to be given a proper run. But 5 and 6 are big problems with Raina and a past it Dhoni. Makes our batting extremely weak and susceptible if the top order fails.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, adi B said:

I am not blaming dhoni alone ,he should not be even in the team if we look to build for the future,it's our poor planning that has failed to draft in the proper talented players to build up a squad of 2019 .

ship has sailed long ago,we will be completely dependent on our top order as always and they have a tendency to go missing in big matches 

That's pretty much what am saying. If Dhoni was to be replaced the planning should have started much earlier. Whom have we tried in past 3 years as a potential replacement? Jadhav, Pandey? Why wasn't Pant given a consistent run? Why is KL who's a opener being tried at 4 now? The result of this is, we have an unsettled 4, 5, 6. So at this point Dhoni being one of that is least of our problems. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Nikhil_cric said:

Rahul is not what bothers me. He needs to be given a proper run. But 5 and 6 are big problems with Raina and a past it Dhoni. Makes our batting extremely weak and susceptible if the top order fails.

But Rahul is not entirely blameless. He just played a careless shot and got out very early.  I would have taken atleast a 50 partnership.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RAZPOR said:

good more embarrassing the better.it would be good if we loose the next one too in exactly the same manner.

The team composition has been wrong for a while. The top order has mostly clicked not exposing this huge weakness.

 

Tail starts early too from No 8. This is bizarre. Dhoni and Raina are just:facepalm:

 

This team will probably not win the WC. The bad news, this will not change in time before next year and we all know that.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, jusarrived said:

That's pretty much what am saying. If Dhoni was to be replaced the planning should have started much earlier. Whom have we tried in past 3 years as a potential replacement? Jadhav, Pandey? Why wasn't Pant given a consistent run? Why is KL who's a opener being tried at 4 now? The result of this is, we have an unsettled 4, 5, 6. So at this point Dhoni being one of that is least of our problems. 

T20 internationals are useless nobody gives a damn about. They could have tried pant and other youngsters there.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Adi_91 said:

The team composition has been wrong for a while. The top order has mostly clicked not exposing this huge weakness.

 

Tail starts early too from No 8. This is bizarre. Dhoni and Raina are just:facepalm:

 

This team will probably not win the WC. The bad news, this will not change in time before next year and we all know that.

the sad thing is we actually have great players who are performing on a tours who are great replacements but will probably get thier chancers too late perhaps afte 2019 wc.

I am sick of this lethargy in selections .

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

If Pant is a better batsman than Dhoni, he should play ahead of him. There's no we can justify playing an allrounder like Pandya without having the keeper score runs if necessary. That weakens the batting lineup. The top order is weak no doubt and ideally we need better batsmen but that is actually harder to replace since Rohit and Dhawan has scored tons recently. Dhoni hasn't done anything with the bat against a quality bowling lineup or in an important chase in ages. 

Pant should have played at least 25 games by now, KL a minimum of 40 to find out if they can really finish games. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

He looks like Amitabh Bachan. He should gracefully retire and just play the IPL like ABDV.

he will never,going out while on top is not an asian trait,instead our players stick to the team like a parasite till they suck all the blood out of it.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, RAZPOR said:

the sad thing is we actually have great players who are performing on a tours who are great replacements but will probably get thier chancers too late perhaps afte 2019 wc.

I am sick of this lethargy in selections .

I wonder what positive can India take from this game. 

 

One more game in these conditions until next year’s WC. I am not convinced this current squad can win the WC.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

Even Nasser Hussain is bored at seeing Dhoni lol I mean he is one of the most boring batsman you could see. Even he is wondering what kind of bowler Dhoni is waiting to attack.

Dhoni is so monotonous nowadays ,it's beyond repair 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, RAZPOR said:

the sad thing is we actually have great players who are performing on a tours who are great replacements but will probably get thier chancers too late perhaps afte 2019 wc.

I am sick of this lethargy in selections .

All these performing players if you notice are top order players. Prithvi, shubnam, Agarwal etc

I keep repeating this, we need to have different standards identifying middle order batsmen even in domestic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Adi_91 said:

I wonder what positive can India take from this game. 

 

One more game in these conditions until next year’s WC. I am not convinced this current squad can win the WC.

if the top 4 manage to get through the entire tournament without a bad day we will look like an atg team otherwise we might end up like a day like today and go out like a whimper.

Its all on kohli to take an initiative ,he need to quite being a whimp and take tough decisions like dhoni did in his younger days.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×