Pitch for Lords

27 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Today is the last heat wave in London. Just went out for lunch and its blazing hot outside. But as per weather forecast, the temperature drops from this evening and rain is expected on weekends.

India's luck is also bad. Whenever and whichever venue they plays in England turns cloudy. Entire country was having heatwave but just on those 5 days when India was playing, it became cloudy. Same here in London...its suppose to get cloudy exactly the day India plays :laugh:

it will become overcast from tonight onward.

22 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

The grass doesn't matter, even at Edgbaston it didn't. The grass can easily dry out in a day or 2, what matters is the surface underneath. Apparently it was fairly dry in the last test, as compared to typical England. The same will be the case for Lords, even if it is green grass atm. I'm 100% sure the second spinner will be more than handy, provided we don't sacrifice a genuine pacer for the batting A/R :yousuck:

grass does matter. Edgbaston had brown grass.  Lords seem green, so, it wont be dry and Edgebaston was not dry on day one. it had moisture that is why ball turned due to moisture and not because of dryness.  When there is grass even if it is brown, dryness does not come into picture because grass keeps the pitch intact and it does not break. Why ball turns? not because of dryness but because the surface breaks and becomes dusty.  If there is grass, surface does not break.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, rkt.india said:

grass does matter. Edgbaston had brown grass.  Lords seem green, so, it wont be dry and Edgebaston was not dry on day. it moisture that is why ball turned due to moisture and not because of dryness.  When there is grass even if it is brown, dryness does not come into picture because grass keeps the pitch intact and it does not break. Why ball turns? not because of dryness but because the surface breaks and becomes dusty.  If there is grass, surface does not break.

The spin at Edgbaston wasn't due to brown grass, was it? It was down to the surface being dry, ergo the dead grass. Similarly, unless the Lords has been watered incessantly during the heatwave, spin will play a bigger role on days 4 and 5, as compared to say the last test in 2014.

You're contradicting yourself, a dry surface will not break? Actually it does, see Warne's exploits in England then tell me, any of those games where he used the footholds, weren't deteriorating! The deterioration in England is partly due to moisture, the surface not being as hard as compared to Aus or SA, then lastly but perhaps largely due to the bowlers' runup.

Edited by R!TTER
14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

it will last whole match as it will be colder and overcast through out the test.

It will be simple clouds. with allmost no rain. Dont call this a overcast condition. Overcast English condition is one where its cold wind, You need to wear jumpers while in field and temperature around 16+-3 degrees.

Temperature will be over 20 and no one will be wearing jumpers.

3 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

The spin at Edgbaston wasn't due to brown grass, was it? It was down to the surface being dry, ergo the dead grass. Similarly, unless the Lords has been watered incessantly during the heatwave, spin will play a bigger role on days 4 and 5, as compared to say the last test in 2014.

You're contradicting yourself, a dry surface will not break? Acrually it dies, see Warne's exploits in England, then tell me, any of those games where he sued the footholds, weren't deteriorating! The deterioration in England is partly due to moisture, the surface not being as hard as compared to Aus or SA, then lastly but perhaps mostly due to the bowlers' runup.

Foot holes is a completely different thing.  I said a surface that has grass does not break.  i did not say dry surface does not make.  Edgebaston had dry grass from the start but it had moisture on day 1 that is why Ashwin turned the ball on day.  

30 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Clear conditions->We win the toss we choose to bat.

Overcast conditions->We win the toss, think for a while and still choose to bat. 

it does not work like that.  Need to exploit the conditions if it is overcast and grass is green. Dont want Australia Trentbridge repeat at Lords.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Foot holes is a completely different thing.  I said a surface that has grass does not break.  i did not say dry surface does not make.  Edgebaston had dry grass from the start but it had moisture on day 1 that is why Ashwin turned the ball on day.  

That's what I'm saying - it is completely, factually and anecdotally wrong, even for English surfaces. Hence the Warne reference, unless now you'd claim Warne didn't play on grassy tracks, just absolute dustbowls.

So why not play 2 spinners, will Pandya outbowl either of Jadeja or Kuldeep over 2 innings in a test?

Edited by R!TTER
44 minutes ago, mishra said:

It will be simple clouds. with allmost no rain. Dont call this a overcast condition. Overcast English condition is one where its cold wind, You need to wear jumpers while in field and temperature around 16+-3 degrees.

Temperature will be over 20 and no one will be wearing jumpers.

max temp 21-22, not average. min temp will be around 12.