Perfect test pace quartet of all time?

My choice of paceman to make the perfect pace quartet in a test team.Not considering batting prowess of the bowlers.

1.Wasim Akram
2.Glen Mcgrath
3.Curtly Ambrose
4.Malcolm Marshall

Wasim is chosen because of his posessing the greatest variety,being the best exponent of reverse swing and for giving left-arm variety.Mcgrath for posessing more control and intelligence than any paceman.Ambrose for his phenomenal accuracy and disconcerting bounce.Marshall for possesing every ingredient of a perfect paceman be it speed,movement or variation.Thus blends control accuracy,movement and variation in perfect proportion.

Incase of injuries Lillee would replace Marshall,Hadlee would replace Mcgrath,Alan Davidson would replace Wasim Akram and Joel Garner would replace Ambrose.Lillee,Hadlee,Davidson and Garner would be quite a foursome!

I would open with Marshall and Ambrose.Wasim was a genius with the old ball while Mcgrath was simply a metronome.

4 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Vinay Koomar

Ashok Dinda

Jaidev Unadfast

Praveen Koomar

Comon if this pace battery doesnt strike fear in opposition batsmen's mind then i dunno what will

Dinda never played test so cant include him.  Can add Mithun in place of him.

Marshall?
Nope, Marshall was not at all in the initial pace quartet. Roberts, Holding, Croft and Garner played most together for few years.

Roberts was the first one who was then joined by Holding.

After few years, Garner and Croft made debut in same match.

Croft was the first who went out amongst those 4.

Marshall was the last amongst them to join who emerged as another ATG great bowler from WI. Iirc

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Straight Drive said:

Nope, Marshall was not at all in the initial pace quartet. Roberts, Holding, Croft and Garner played most together for few years.

Roberts was the first one who was then joined by Holding.

After few years, Garner and Croft made debut in same match.

Croft was the first who went out amongst those 4.

Marshall was the last amongst them to join who emerged as another ATG great bowler from WI. Iirc

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

I would agree with you that those 4 were the most fearsome Quartet that cricket has seen but they didn't play together as much as people think .

During the period 1977 ( when Croft and Garner joined ) to say 1983 various other quicks played as well.

Marshall ( debut 1978)

Sylvester Clarke 78

Wayne Daniel 76

Norbert Philip 78

Vanburn Holder ( finished 79) 

8 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

I would agree with you that those 4 were the most fearsome Quartet that cricket has seen but they didn't play together as much as people think .

During the period 1977 ( when Croft and Garner joined ) to say 1983 various other quicks played as well.

Marshall ( debut 1978)

Sylvester Clarke 78

Wayne Daniel 76

Norbert Philip 78

Vanburn Holder ( finished 79) 

in some documentary  i saw one english player said something like patrik patterson looked like a devil , ran like a devil and bowled like a devil :hehe: 

3 minutes ago, velu said:

in some documentary  i saw one english player said something like patrik patterson looked like a devil , ran like a devil and bowled like a devil :hehe: 

He was but I would say Sylvester Clarke was the most brutal of all them 

10 minutes ago, velu said:

Story for you Velu, my mate opened the batting for Scotland against Lancashire and Colin Croft snapped his bat in two fending off a bouncer, he tells the tale that he played Colin adrift with a pencil :biggrin:

8 minutes ago, Tattieboy said:

Story for you Velu, my mate opened the batting for Scotland against Lancashire and Colin Croft snapped his bat in two fending off a bouncer, he tells the tale that he played Colin adrift with a pencil :biggrin:

Brian-Close-300x284.jpg

:phehe: